Synaptic Mouse Manager for Compaq Notebook

=?Utf-8?B?TWlzZml0cGllcmNl?=

Synaptic Mouse Manager for Compaq Notebook
I've got a modified compaq notebook and am having trouble with the touchpad
software. I tried it off windows update and from compaq themselves. Vista
versions of the driver and they fail to install correctly and dont boot up
right with laptop. Starts up and instantly says program has stopped working.
I tried reinstalling about 4 times and it is making me angry. Any help is
greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Richard G. Harper

Re: Synaptic Mouse Manager for Compaq Notebook
Have you told Compaq about this and asked them when they're going to fix it
with updated drivers?

"Misfitpierce" <Misfitpierce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've got a modified compaq notebook and am having trouble with the
> touchpad
> software. I tried it off windows update and from compaq themselves. Vista
> versions of the driver and they fail to install correctly and dont boot up
> right with laptop. Starts up and instantly says program has stopped
> working.
> I tried reinstalling about 4 times and it is making me angry. Any help is
> greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Richard Urban

Re: Synaptic Mouse Manager for Compaq Notebook
Is Compaq supporting Vista on your particular laptop? If they aren't, you
may be in for difficulties with drivers.

--

Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from George Ankner:

"Misfitpierce" <Misfitpierce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've got a modified compaq notebook and am having trouble with the
> touchpad
> software. I tried it off windows update and from compaq themselves. Vista
> versions of the driver and they fail to install correctly and dont boot up
> right with laptop. Starts up and instantly says program has stopped
> working.
> I tried reinstalling about 4 times and it is making me angry. Any help is
> greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnm

Re: Synaptic Mouse Manager for Compaq Notebook

"Misfitpierce" <Misfitpierce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've got a modified compaq notebook and am having trouble with the
> touchpad
> software. I tried it off windows update and from compaq themselves. Vista
> versions of the driver and they fail to install correctly and dont boot up
> right with laptop. Starts up and instantly says program has stopped
> working.
> I tried reinstalling about 4 times and it is making me angry. Any help is
> greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I realize this doesn't help your particular problem, but within a week of
Vista release, Dell had updated Synaptic drivers available for download that
worked perfectly - I have a new Inspiron. Did you ask Compaq?

=?Utf-8?B?TWlzZml0cGllcmNl?=

Re: Synaptic Mouse Manager for Compaq Notebook
Yes I called compaq and yes they support my laptop. They said the Vista
drivers for my notebook can be found on site or through windows update. I
tried both... oh how im hating compaq. I dont really need the drivers just
want to adjust size of scroll part on my touchpad.... =(