Need more TV Tuner Drivers

=?Utf-8?B?cmVkdWN0YW50?=

Need more TV Tuner Drivers
I am using a TV tuner based on the conexant 2388x encoder. It was supplied in
my HP Media Center PC as an Asus T-Bird, but there is no support for it any
longer. Only choice is for me to have to change hardware.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com... dware_devices
Dominic Payer

Re: Need more TV Tuner Drivers
See http://tw1965.myweb.hinet.net/Conexant.htm

"reductant" <reductant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using a TV tuner based on the conexant 2388x encoder. It was supplied
>in
> my HP Media Center PC as an Asus T-Bird, but there is no support for it
> any
> longer. Only choice is for me to have to change hardware.
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com... dware_devices

chatman

Re: Need more TV Tuner Drivers

Dominic are you aware of any BT878 driver as well, which as far as i
know is also a conexant product?
I'm using Vista X64.

Thx!

--
chatman
Dominic Payer

Re: Need more TV Tuner Drivers
There are none that I know of, and I haven't seen anything to suggest that
x64 BT878 drivers are planned.

The only x64 application I know of that could drive the BT878 - in x64 XP -
was K!TV 2.4 beta 2 http://beta.kastortv.org/?version=2.4Beta2, but I
haven't heard if it works under x64 Vista and think it unlikely that it
would.

"chatman" <chatman.2miq10@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> Dominic are you aware of any BT878 driver as well, which as far as i
> know is also a conexant product?
> I'm using Vista X64.
>
> Thx!
>

> --
> chatman

JW

Re: Need more TV Tuner Drivers
Ist his where you checked and found no drivers?

http://h20219.www2.hp.com/services/c...0-225-121.html

"reductant" <reductant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using a TV tuner based on the conexant 2388x encoder. It was supplied
>in
> my HP Media Center PC as an Asus T-Bird, but there is no support for it
> any
> longer. Only choice is for me to have to change hardware.
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com... dware_devices

=?Utf-8?B?cmVkdWN0YW50?=

Re: Need more TV Tuner Drivers
Yep, that's where I checked. My computer was purchased prior to Vista's
release, so I sincerely doubt HP is interested in developing Vista drivers
for it. The TV tuner is the only thing that I can't find drivers for.

"JW" wrote:

> Ist his where you checked and found no drivers?
>
> http://h20219.www2.hp.com/services/c...0-225-121.html
>

> "reductant" <reductant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am using a TV tuner based on the conexant 2388x encoder. It was supplied
> >in
> > my HP Media Center PC as an Asus T-Bird, but there is no support for it
> > any
> > longer. Only choice is for me to have to change hardware.
> >
> > ----------------
> > this
> >
> > http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com... dware_devices

=?Utf-8?B?cmVkdWN0YW50?=

Re: Need more TV Tuner Drivers
Thank you for posting this. Although I installed the driver, my card is still
not functional. The only succes I have had is by going to Device Manager and
accessing a list of preinstalled TV tuner drivers on Vista (64-bit) and
installing the "Compaq TV Tuner". It says the driver is installed correctly
but it still does not operate.

"Dominic Payer" wrote:

> See http://tw1965.myweb.hinet.net/Conexant.htm
>

> "reductant" <reductant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am using a TV tuner based on the conexant 2388x encoder. It was supplied
> >in
> > my HP Media Center PC as an Asus T-Bird, but there is no support for it
> > any
> > longer. Only choice is for me to have to change hardware.
> >
> > ----------------
> > this
> >
> > http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com... dware_devices

=?Utf-8?B?cmVkdWN0YW50?=

Re: Need more TV Tuner Drivers
Also, HP has released several drivers already for several of their TV tuners,
but they are all 32-bit exclusive.

"JW" wrote:

> Ist his where you checked and found no drivers?
>
> http://h20219.www2.hp.com/services/c...0-225-121.html
>

> "reductant" <reductant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am using a TV tuner based on the conexant 2388x encoder. It was supplied
> >in
> > my HP Media Center PC as an Asus T-Bird, but there is no support for it
> > any
> > longer. Only choice is for me to have to change hardware.
> >
> > ----------------
> > this
> >
> > http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com... dware_devices

chatman

Re: Need more TV Tuner Drivers

Thanks Dominic, haven't tried these.
My card is a Hauppauge PCI FM and I doubt that I will ever see official
drivers released by Hauppauge despite the fact that these cards were
very popular.

I'll try the ones you linked and if these won't do I'll have to
consider a new card...

Martin

--
chatman
Dominic Payer

Re: Need more TV Tuner Drivers
Conexant manufacture the tuner chips and a reference board design, and
provide a reference driver. Some manufacturers badge the reference design,
and for these the Conexant reference driver should work.

If Asus, or another manufacturer, has modified the reference board design,
only they can provide an x64 driver for it. Sometimes the reference driver
will work, but often it will not.