Drivers For Dell 2005 FPW ?????

David

Drivers For Dell 2005 FPW ?????
Hi All,
Just have a query in regards to setting up my 20" Dell Flat
Panel monitor.
I have been unable to find drivers anywhere for Windlws Vista 32 Bit for
this product
and was wondering if anyone may be able to shed some light on this Problem
for me.
Monitor works fine with Vista but the reason Im looking for drivers is
because the
USB ports on monitor are not working, all cables are connected correctly so
this isnt the problem
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User

Re: Drivers For Dell 2005 FPW ?????
David

Contact Dell for product/driver support..

David " <dmar4208@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
newsF0440D3-4A67-424D-9040-B817CCF2BE69@microsoft.com...
> Hi All,
> Just have a query in regards to setting up my 20" Dell Flat
> Panel monitor.
> I have been unable to find drivers anywhere for Windlws Vista 32 Bit for
> this product
> and was wondering if anyone may be able to shed some light on this Problem
> for me.
> Monitor works fine with Vista but the reason Im looking for drivers is
> because the
> USB ports on monitor are not working, all cables are connected correctly
> so this isnt the problem

Mike Hall
MS MVP Windows Shell/User
http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

BigJim

Re: Drivers For Dell 2005 FPW ?????
the monitor probably just acts as a hub no drivers necessary.
make sure your usb ports are working on the machine
"David " <dmar4208@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
newsF0440D3-4A67-424D-9040-B817CCF2BE69@microsoft.com...
> Hi All,
> Just have a query in regards to setting up my 20" Dell Flat
> Panel monitor.
> I have been unable to find drivers anywhere for Windlws Vista 32 Bit for
> this product
> and was wondering if anyone may be able to shed some light on this Problem
> for me.
> Monitor works fine with Vista but the reason Im looking for drivers is
> because the
> USB ports on monitor are not working, all cables are connected correctly
> so this isnt the problem

HDFatBoy2003

Re: Drivers For Dell 2005 FPW ?????
Probably not much help but I have the Dell 30" which also has USB ports
built in to the monitor. Didn't need any drivers as Vista x64 recognized
the USB hub and installed native drivers for it.

"BigJim" <woody10277@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:fridnZ1z2bTLTULYnZ2dnUVZ_riknZ2d@comcast.com. ..
> the monitor probably just acts as a hub no drivers necessary.
> make sure your usb ports are working on the machine
> "David " <dmar4208@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
> newsF0440D3-4A67-424D-9040-B817CCF2BE69@microsoft.com...
>> Hi All,
>> Just have a query in regards to setting up my 20" Dell Flat
>> Panel monitor.
>> I have been unable to find drivers anywhere for Windlws Vista 32 Bit for
>> this product
>> and was wondering if anyone may be able to shed some light on this
>> Problem for me.
>> Monitor works fine with Vista but the reason Im looking for drivers is
>> because the
>> USB ports on monitor are not working, all cables are connected correctly
>> so this isnt the problem

Chris Barnes

Re: Drivers For Dell 2005 FPW ?????
David wrote:
> Hi All, Just have a query in regards to setting up my 20" Dell Flat
> Panel monitor. I have been unable to find drivers anywhere for
> Windlws Vista 32 Bit for this product and was wondering if anyone may
> be able to shed some light on this Problem
> for me. Monitor works fine with Vista but the reason Im looking for
> drivers is because the USB ports on monitor are not working, all
> cables are connected correctly so
> this isnt the problem Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Were you able to find anything on this? I also have a 2005FPW that
Vista recognizes only as "PnP monitor". In my case, the usb ports are
working just fine, but the screen resolutions are horrid.

Fwiw, I'm running Vista 64bit...

--
Chris Barnes
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Drivers For Dell 2005 FPW ?????
You'll only get to the correct monitor AFTER you have the correct graphic
card drivers.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"Chris Barnes" <chris-barnes@tamu.edu> wrote in message

> Were you able to find anything on this? I also have a 2005FPW that Vista
> recognizes only as "PnP monitor". In my case, the usb ports are working
> just fine, but the screen resolutions are horrid.
>
> Fwiw, I'm running Vista 64bit...
>
> --
> Chris Barnes

Chris Barnes

Re: Drivers For Dell 2005 FPW ?????
Cari (MS-MVP) wrote:
> You'll only get to the correct monitor AFTER you have the correct graphic
> card drivers.

That helped. Vista still doesn't recognize the monitor by name, but at
least now the resolutions are the correct aspect ratio. I can live with
this.
Willard

Re: Drivers For Dell 2005 FPW ?????

I got a replacement LCD from dell for mine that has some watermark
looking distortion on the screen, anyways i had vista 64 bit installed
and since i hooked up the new monitor it goes black before it enters
vista and wont come back on, If you unplug the dvi connection and plug
it back in it will come back on but only at a max of 1024x768
resolution, i checked the device manager and under monitor it says
non-plug and play which i think is the issue but i cannot get it to
change, i have also contacted dell and they said the 2005fwp isnt vista
friendly and that i would have to go back to xp or be happy with the
1024x768 resolution. Has anyone found any drivers or a work around to
get this to work? As i said the same model 2005fwp that i used to have
worked fine, but it was manufactured in 2006 this is a refurb from 2005
so i am not sure what they changed.

I have an EVGA 8800gtx video card and downloaded the latest nvidia
drivers as well.

--
Willard
Willard's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=25287