drive stopped reconizing disks...

HEEEEEEEEELP!

drive stopped reconizing disks...
A few days ago I installed the window vista on my gateway laptop, after that
my drive stopped recognizing disks in my dvd/cd drive. Drive
runs for about 5 seconds then stops like there is no disk in it. If you go
to my computer to try and find the disk, it is not there. Any advice???
SHORTIE

RE: drive stopped reconizing disks...

"HEEEEEEEEELP!" wrote:

> A few days ago I installed the window vista on my gateway laptop, after that
> my drive stopped recognizing disks in my dvd/cd drive. Drive
> runs for about 5 seconds then stops like there is no disk in it. If you go
> to my computer to try and find the disk, it is not there. Any advice???

SHORTIE

RE: drive stopped reconizing disks...
I am also having the same problem. Files (documents) that are saved to a CD
and will open with XP on several other computers will do nothing on the
computer with VISTA.
When I try to open them with the RUN comand everything stops responding

"HEEEEEEEEELP!" wrote:

> A few days ago I installed the window vista on my gateway laptop, after that
> my drive stopped recognizing disks in my dvd/cd drive. Drive
> runs for about 5 seconds then stops like there is no disk in it. If you go
> to my computer to try and find the disk, it is not there. Any advice???

Peter Foldes

Re: drive stopped reconizing disks...
Try this below and let us know

Peter

"Peter Foldes" wrote:

> Try this below and let us know

> Peter

> "HEEEEEEEEELP!" <HEEEEEEEEELP!@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A5106D41-B9C8-409E-9F2F-603137CD0409@microsoft.com...
> >A few days ago I installed the window vista on my gateway laptop, after that
> > my drive stopped recognizing disks in my dvd/cd drive. Drive
> > runs for about 5 seconds then stops like there is no disk in it. If you go
> > to my computer to try and find the disk, it is not there. Any advice???

SHORTIE

Re: drive stopped reconizing disks...
I did not upgrade from XP to Vista. This is a totally new computer and Vista
came installed. Does this fix still apply? I was able to launch installation
discs, etc., but no saved documents or pictures.

"Peter Foldes" wrote:

> Try this below and let us know

> Peter

> "HEEEEEEEEELP!" <HEEEEEEEEELP!@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A5106D41-B9C8-409E-9F2F-603137CD0409@microsoft.com...
> >A few days ago I installed the window vista on my gateway laptop, after that
> > my drive stopped recognizing disks in my dvd/cd drive. Drive
> > runs for about 5 seconds then stops like there is no disk in it. If you go
> > to my computer to try and find the disk, it is not there. Any advice???

Cal Bear '66

Re: drive stopped reconizing disks...
Third party software like Roxio, Nero and iTunes can affect the registry this
way too. So, yes you should see if this is your problem.

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!