Vista 64 and AIW

T Kulej

Vista 64 and AIW
Hey I have the good old 9700 Pro AIW card I didn't replace it so I could
afford the great new vista ultimate. Well I see its an ultimate mistake on
my part cause now I can't watch TV. Over 50K people on the payroll and not a
single person who can right some drivers for the AIW crowd. I have never
been so dissapointed and pissed off I wish I could get my money back. So if
anyone knows how to make the tv tuner work in this piece of expensive crap
please drop me a line.
Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: Vista 64 and AIW
You should repost your inquiry in the Vista 64-bit newsgroup.

Discussions in Windows 64-Bit Computing:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...2-32fc064ebe5e

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"T Kulej" wrote:

Hey I have the good old 9700 Pro AIW card I didn't replace it so I could
afford the great new vista ultimate. Well I see its an ultimate mistake on
my part cause now I can't watch TV. Over 50K people on the payroll and not a
single person who can right some drivers for the AIW crowd. I have never
been so dissapointed and peed off I wish I could get my money back. So if
anyone knows how to make the tv tuner work in this piece of expensive jewel
please drop me a line.

Jane C

Re: Vista 64 and AIW
http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/v...n-vista64.html

Note: All-in-Wonderâ„¢ boards operate with AMD Windows Vista-Ready Display
Drivers under the Windows Vista Operating System. However there is currently
no software application which provides TV/Capture functionality for
All-in-Wonderâ„¢ boards under Windows Vista.

AMD/ATI are responsible for writing the drivers. They are still a
work-in-progress.

--
Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled :-)
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"T Kulej" <TKulej@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hey I have the good old 9700 Pro AIW card I didn't replace it so I could
> afford the great new vista ultimate. Well I see its an ultimate mistake
> on
> my part cause now I can't watch TV. Over 50K people on the payroll and
> not a
> single person who can right some drivers for the AIW crowd. I have never
> been so dissapointed and pissed off I wish I could get my money back. So
> if
> anyone knows how to make the tv tuner work in this piece of expensive crap
> please drop me a line.

Yukon Jack

Re: Vista 64 and AIW
"Jane C" <janecolman@invalid.iinet.net.au> wrote in message
news:4C9C77A6-B046-421F-B3E6-> AMD/ATI >are responsible for writing the
drivers. They are still a
> work-in-progress.

That seems to be an all too common issue with Vista64. HP finally puts out
Vista drivers for my 1018 printer and neglects to release Vista64 drivers.
All I can say is it is a damn good thing I had the foresight to dual boot XP
and Vista64.

DaveM

Re: Vista 64 and AIW
32 bit also. ATI does not support any older AIW cards at this time for any
version of Vista. They have always been clear on this. My gut feeling is
that if it hasn't happened yet, then it's not going to.

news:0onyi.18689$HL1.4482@fe05.news.easynews.com.. .