How to Recover Deleted Partition

=?Utf-8?B?SlA=?=

How to Recover Deleted Partition
Hi, I deleted the partition of a SATA drive with all my data, accidentaly(No
OS on this drive). So, is there anyway to recover the partion and recover
the data without any loss? I've heard of some applications to buy but
somebody told me about the the FIXMBR command from the Windows XP and Vista
CD. Do they actually work? or it is only to fix the drive OS?

please let me know.

Thanks in advance
JP
Richard Urban

Re: How to Recover Deleted Partition
Fixmbr is NOT going to recover a deleted partition. Don't do another thing
with that drive until you get a quality file recovery program. You will need
somewhere to restore the recovered files to. Another hard drive of equal
size is recommended.

Some of these programs can work with deleted partitions, though not all of
them. I have been using EasyRecovery Professional for 5-6 years now and have
been able to recover every single file from an accidently deleted partition.

Now, if you have created/formatted another partition in it's place - all
bets are off.

--

Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from George Ankner:

"JP" <JP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I deleted the partition of a SATA drive with all my data,
> accidentaly(No
> OS on this drive). So, is there anyway to recover the partion and recover
> the data without any loss? I've heard of some applications to buy but
> somebody told me about the the FIXMBR command from the Windows XP and
> Vista
> CD. Do they actually work? or it is only to fix the drive OS?
>
> please let me know.
>
> Thanks in advance
> JP

=?Utf-8?B?SlA=?=

Re: How to Recover Deleted Partition
No, I haven't done anything to this drive since I've done this stupid
mistake. So, I guess I will try the program that you reccomented.

Thank You
JP

"Richard Urban" wrote:

> Fixmbr is NOT going to recover a deleted partition. Don't do another thing
> with that drive until you get a quality file recovery program. You will need
> somewhere to restore the recovered files to. Another hard drive of equal
> size is recommended.
>
> Some of these programs can work with deleted partitions, though not all of
> them. I have been using EasyRecovery Professional for 5-6 years now and have
> been able to recover every single file from an accidently deleted partition.
>
> Now, if you have created/formatted another partition in it's place - all
> bets are off.
>
> --
>

> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> Quote from George Ankner:
>

> "JP" <JP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi, I deleted the partition of a SATA drive with all my data,
> > accidentaly(No
> > OS on this drive). So, is there anyway to recover the partion and recover
> > the data without any loss? I've heard of some applications to buy but
> > somebody told me about the the FIXMBR command from the Windows XP and
> > Vista
> > CD. Do they actually work? or it is only to fix the drive OS?
> >
> > please let me know.
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> > JP

Michal Kawecki

Re: How to Recover Deleted Partition
If it was basic disk, not dynamic, then you can easily recover that
partition with freeware Testdisk http://www.cgsecurity.org/ . Here you
find what you must doing:
http://www.cgsecurity.org/phpwiki/index.php/examples .

P.S. I use this program frequently, since data recovery is my job...
--
Michal Kawecki [Windows - Shell/User MVP]
Warsaw, PL