Getting error 1719 when attempting to install updated drivers

Rod

Getting error 1719 when attempting to install updated drivers
I just installed Vistal Ultimate on a new PC. I ran into problems with the
drivers for my DVD-ROM, and so I went to the manufacturer and downloaded
some new drivers. When I was installing the drivers I got the following
error message:

"Error 1719: The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can
occur if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. Contact your
support personal for assistance."

I've looked this up on MSDN and for this article:

OK, that's nice, but it does NOT say anything about Windows Vista. So, how
do I know that this will work for Vista, or not?

Rod

Peter Foldes

Re: Getting error 1719 when attempting to install updated drivers
It applies to Vista also.

--
Peter

"Rod" <rod@no.spam> wrote in message news:AD3669FF-8BAA-4C76-A709-EAAC2B081ED7@microsoft.com...
>I just installed Vistal Ultimate on a new PC. I ran into problems with the
> drivers for my DVD-ROM, and so I went to the manufacturer and downloaded
> some new drivers. When I was installing the drivers I got the following
> error message:
>
> "Error 1719: The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can
> occur if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. Contact your
> support personal for assistance."
>
> I've looked this up on MSDN and for this article:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;EN-US;315346
>
> OK, that's nice, but it does NOT say anything about Windows Vista. So, how
> do I know that this will work for Vista, or not?
>
> Rod

Chad Harris

Re: Getting error 1719 when attempting to install updated drivers
Hi Rod--

For whatever reason, many XP articles that work/apply for Vista have not
been lable updated for Vista yet.

The Error 1719 MSKB is a widely applicable gem, because the first part of it
can often fix a corrupted MSI (Windows Installer) and many installation
problems whether you're receiving that precise error or not.

CH