Bluetooth between Vista and iPaq

Thierry

Bluetooth between Vista and iPaq
Hi,

I've just bought a new laptop (ASUS F3JC) with integrated bluetooth and
running Vista to use with my 'old' iPaq 5450 that has too, a bluetooth
connection. The aim is to synchronize my iPaq with the laptop, as I used to
do it with XP.

Also, I've downloaded the final version of Mobile Device Center.

The iPaq detects the laptop and vice-versa using bluetooth.

But, Vista is asking me a driver for a "Bluetooth peripheral device" and, of
course, I don't have this driver.
I tried to install the integrated driver from MS called Windows Mobile 2003
SE but no luck with this (error code 10).

On the iPaq, when I try to detect services available on the laptop, it only
gives me "Personal Ad Hoc User Service" with a yellow question mark.

Question 1:
As soon as the iPaq and the laptop can "see" each other, why is a driver
needed ?

Question 2:
What's this "Personal Ad Hoc User Service" detected by the iPaq on the
laptop ?

Question 3:
Who should provide this driver ? ASUS, MS or HP ?

Thanks for your help,
Thierry
--
SPAM : Remove the 2 in my email address

--
SPAM : Remove the 2 in my email.

=?Utf-8?B?TWFyY3Vz?=

RE: Bluetooth between Vista and iPaq
I am having a similar problem with my new desktop. I have been trying to
install a brand new bluetooth mouse and keyboard on the system, both
Microsoft products, with nothing close to success. Like you, the computer
claims an inability to find drivers for the "bluetooth peripheral device,"
which came with the set. I have upgraded to Intellitype 6.1 and point the
machine in the direction of that program when I am prompted to do so, to no
avail.

What may be most frustrating is that the computer places the bluetooth logo
in my tray even while asking for the drivers, so it knows what it is dealing
with, yet the always unfruitful quest for drivers continues. Also, if I
ignore these pleas, and continue to try to synch my keyboard and mouse, the
computer recognizes them, but they will not work. At that point the machine
begins to demand drivers for the keyboard and mouse, so I again direct it to
Intellitype, and the endless cycle continues.

Someone, please HELP!!!

"Thierry" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've just bought a new laptop (ASUS F3JC) with integrated bluetooth and
> running Vista to use with my 'old' iPaq 5450 that has too, a bluetooth
> connection. The aim is to synchronize my iPaq with the laptop, as I used to
> do it with XP.
>
> Also, I've downloaded the final version of Mobile Device Center.
>
> The iPaq detects the laptop and vice-versa using bluetooth.
>
> But, Vista is asking me a driver for a "Bluetooth peripheral device" and, of
> course, I don't have this driver.
> I tried to install the integrated driver from MS called Windows Mobile 2003
> SE but no luck with this (error code 10).
>
> On the iPaq, when I try to detect services available on the laptop, it only
> gives me "Personal Ad Hoc User Service" with a yellow question mark.
>
> Question 1:
> As soon as the iPaq and the laptop can "see" each other, why is a driver
> needed ?
>
> Question 2:
> What's this "Personal Ad Hoc User Service" detected by the iPaq on the
> laptop ?
>
> Question 3:
> Who should provide this driver ? ASUS, MS or HP ?
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Thierry
> --
> SPAM : Remove the 2 in my email address
>

> --
> SPAM : Remove the 2 in my email.

Thierry

Re: Bluetooth between Vista and iPaq
My last attempt was to install a USB Bluetooth dongle (MSI v365) with XP
drivers (I know ....) while disabling the internal laptop Bluetooth adapter.

Now, my iPaq recognizes an ActiveSync service from my PC but I keep getting
the authentication window and stays forever until I tap "Cancel" on the
screen.

I don't have much more idea, since, here again, MSI doesn't provide Vista
drivers for its bluetooth dongle ...

--
SPAM : Remove the 2 in my email.
AB60F3FA-EBCC-440C-9986-702791C167D7@microsoft.com...