Promise IDE Ultra100 OnBoard Driver ?

=?Utf-8?B?YWxleHRw?=

Promise IDE Ultra100 OnBoard Driver ?
Hello,

I have an ASUS A7V266-E motherboard with a Promise IDE Ultra100 Controller
on board. Two harddisks are connected to this controller.
I run the Vista Upgrade Advisor Tool and it told me that there would be no
problem installing Vista Ultimate ... so I bought the software !

During installation (32-bit version) the Setup displays that it would need a
driver for this controller. However, neither at ASUS nor at PROMISE a Vista
driver is available.
Setup does not continue and I am not able to install and use Vista ... ( !!!

Does anyone know where to download a working driver or does anyone know a
workaround for this issue ?

Thanx

alextp
JW

Re: Promise IDE Ultra100 OnBoard Driver ?
Do you have the latest BIOS for your MOBO?

"alextp" <alextp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have an ASUS A7V266-E motherboard with a Promise IDE Ultra100 Controller
> on board. Two harddisks are connected to this controller.
> I run the Vista Upgrade Advisor Tool and it told me that there would be no
> problem installing Vista Ultimate ... so I bought the software !
>
> During installation (32-bit version) the Setup displays that it would need
> driver for this controller. However, neither at ASUS nor at PROMISE a
> Vista
> driver is available.
> Setup does not continue and I am not able to install and use Vista ...
> ( !!!
>
> Does anyone know where to download a working driver or does anyone know a
> workaround for this issue ?
>
> Thanx
>
> alextp

=?Utf-8?B?YWxleHRw?=

Re: Promise IDE Ultra100 OnBoard Driver ?
I have the latest 'stable' version i.e. 1011.
However, a beta-version A7V266-E Beta BIOS 1015.002 (dated 2003/08/14) is
available !
Do you think this might help ?!

"JW" wrote:

> Do you have the latest BIOS for your MOBO?
>
> "alextp" <alextp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have an ASUS A7V266-E motherboard with a Promise IDE Ultra100 Controller
> > on board. Two harddisks are connected to this controller.
> > I run the Vista Upgrade Advisor Tool and it told me that there would be no
> > problem installing Vista Ultimate ... so I bought the software !
> >
> > During installation (32-bit version) the Setup displays that it would need
> > driver for this controller. However, neither at ASUS nor at PROMISE a
> > Vista
> > driver is available.
> > Setup does not continue and I am not able to install and use Vista ...
> > ( !!!
> >
> > Does anyone know where to download a working driver or does anyone know a
> > workaround for this issue ?
> >
> > Thanx
> >
> > alextp

JW

Re: Promise IDE Ultra100 OnBoard Driver ?
It might but unless it has an update in support of its bulit in IDE
controller it won't.
>I have the latest 'stable' version i.e. 1011.
> However, a beta-version A7V266-E Beta BIOS 1015.002 (dated 2003/08/14) is
> available !
> Do you think this might help ?!
>

> "JW" wrote:
>
>> Do you have the latest BIOS for your MOBO?
>>
>> "alextp" <alextp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > I have an ASUS A7V266-E motherboard with a Promise IDE Ultra100
>> > Controller
>> > on board. Two harddisks are connected to this controller.
>> > I run the Vista Upgrade Advisor Tool and it told me that there would be
>> > no
>> > problem installing Vista Ultimate ... so I bought the software !
>> >
>> > During installation (32-bit version) the Setup displays that it would
>> > need
>> > driver for this controller. However, neither at ASUS nor at PROMISE a
>> > Vista
>> > driver is available.
>> > Setup does not continue and I am not able to install and use Vista ...
>> > ( !!!
>> >
>> > Does anyone know where to download a working driver or does anyone know
>> > workaround for this issue ?
>> >
>> > Thanx
>> >
>> > alextp

=?Utf-8?B?YWxleHRw?=

Re: Promise IDE Ultra100 OnBoard Driver ?
I flashed the beta BIOS, but the problem is still the same ... !
Meanwhile I contacted the ASUS as well as the PROMISE support.
PROMISE has not answered til now, but ASUS has:
They say that the chipset manufacturer has to provde drivers as they do not
provide and program drivers for second party products themselves. At the
moment they cannot guarantee that there will be new drivers ...

Great ... ( ... I am already thinking about buying a new motherboard !

Regards,

alextp

"JW" wrote:

> It might but unless it has an update in support of its bulit in IDE
> controller it won't.
> "alextp" <alextp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have the latest 'stable' version i.e. 1011.
> > However, a beta-version A7V266-E Beta BIOS 1015.002 (dated 2003/08/14) is
> > available !
> > Do you think this might help ?!
> >

> > "JW" wrote:
> >
> >> Do you have the latest BIOS for your MOBO?

JW

Re: Promise IDE Ultra100 OnBoard Driver ?
Promise is the BIOS manufacturer are they also the chipset manufacturer?
According to the Manual for my A7A266 MOBO ALI is the manufacturer of my
chipset?

>I flashed the beta BIOS, but the problem is still the same ... !
> Meanwhile I contacted the ASUS as well as the PROMISE support.
> PROMISE has not answered til now, but ASUS has:
> They say that the chipset manufacturer has to provde drivers as they do
> not
> provide and program drivers for second party products themselves. At the
> moment they cannot guarantee that there will be new drivers ...
>
> Great ... ( ... I am already thinking about buying a new motherboard !
>
> Regards,
>
> alextp
>

> "JW" wrote:
>
>> It might but unless it has an update in support of its bulit in IDE
>> controller it won't.
>> "alextp" <alextp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have the latest 'stable' version i.e. 1011.
>> > However, a beta-version A7V266-E Beta BIOS 1015.002 (dated 2003/08/14)
>> > is
>> > available !
>> > Do you think this might help ?!

Richard Urban

Re: Promise IDE Ultra100 OnBoard Driver ?
Come now. This board is 5-6 years old now. It was archived by Asus three
years ago.

I have one I put in my sons computer so he could use it with Windows XP.

--

Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from George Ankner:

"alextp" <alextp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I flashed the beta BIOS, but the problem is still the same ... !
> Meanwhile I contacted the ASUS as well as the PROMISE support.
> PROMISE has not answered til now, but ASUS has:
> They say that the chipset manufacturer has to provde drivers as they do
> not
> provide and program drivers for second party products themselves. At the
> moment they cannot guarantee that there will be new drivers ...
>
> Great ... ( ... I am already thinking about buying a new motherboard !
>
> Regards,
>
> alextp
>

> "JW" wrote:
>
>> It might but unless it has an update in support of its bulit in IDE
>> controller it won't.
>> "alextp" <alextp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have the latest 'stable' version i.e. 1011.
>> > However, a beta-version A7V266-E Beta BIOS 1015.002 (dated 2003/08/14)
>> > is
>> > available !
>> > Do you think this might help ?!

BSchnur

Re: Promise IDE Ultra100 OnBoard Driver ?
You may find you are pretty much out of luck here -- that's fairly old
technology there with that motherboard.

Since you are running Vista 32, you *might* get away with this driver
-- which works for XP:

http://www.promise.com/support/downl...p?productId=18
&category=driver&os=100&go=GO

--