Black and White on TV display with nvidia

Rob and Sonja Young

Black and White on TV display with nvidia
Have tried every driver under the sun in the last 2 weeks. Still black and
white on my tv. I miss XP already

JW

Re: Black and White on TV display with nvidia
If you are getting B&W TV over a S-video connection it is because you have
let Vista automatically determine the connection interface insteead of
manually saying it is S-Video and in automatic mode it does not sense the
correct electircal impedence over S-Video from your display so it downgrades
the output to B&W.
Another possibility is that you have a faulty S-video cable or connector
which is only allowing the B&W signal to come through
"Rob and Sonja Young" <rnsyoung@optonline.net> wrote in message
> Have tried every driver under the sun in the last 2 weeks. Still black and
> white on my tv. I miss XP already

=?Utf-8?B?R2FrdWJ1Y2hpICJNU1gi?=

Re: Black and White on TV display with nvidia
I have the same problem as Rob, but I can't find the place to tell Windows
Vista to manually saying that the used output is S-Video. My videocard is an
nVidia and I use nVidia control panel to adjust the oputput, but still have
it in black and white.
Any suggestion?

Thank you!

"JW" wrote:

> If you are getting B&W TV over a S-video connection it is because you have
> let Vista automatically determine the connection interface insteead of
> manually saying it is S-Video and in automatic mode it does not sense the
> correct electircal impedence over S-Video from your display so it downgrades
> the output to B&W.
> Another possibility is that you have a faulty S-video cable or connector
> which is only allowing the B&W signal to come through
> "Rob and Sonja Young" <rnsyoung@optonline.net> wrote in message
> > Have tried every driver under the sun in the last 2 weeks. Still black and
> > white on my tv. I miss XP already

=?Utf-8?B?R2FrdWJ1Y2hpICJNU1gi?=

Re: Black and White on TV display with nvidia
I forgot to say that if I enter the BIOS, the image shows in colour, but when
Vista boots, it is in black and white, so it can't be becouse of the clable,
can it?

"JW" wrote:

> If you are getting B&W TV over a S-video connection it is because you have
> let Vista automatically determine the connection interface insteead of
> manually saying it is S-Video and in automatic mode it does not sense the
> correct electircal impedence over S-Video from your display so it downgrades
> the output to B&W.
> Another possibility is that you have a faulty S-video cable or connector
> which is only allowing the B&W signal to come through
> "Rob and Sonja Young" <rnsyoung@optonline.net> wrote in message
> > Have tried every driver under the sun in the last 2 weeks. Still black and
> > white on my tv. I miss XP already

JW

Re: Black and White on TV display with nvidia
You are right its not the cable. What release of what Vista driver for which
NVIDIA graphics card are you using?