Sidewinder Force Feedback 2

Shaun A. Gupta

Sidewinder Force Feedback 2
Hey all,

Going to be building a new computer soon with Vista. Was wondering if the
old Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 will work (with Force Feedback support of
course) or if I'm going to have to upgrade sticks to something with Vista
support.

Thanks!

Dale \Mad_Murdock\ White

Re: Sidewinder Force Feedback 2

If it helps at all, I have the old sidewinder precision 2 joystick and it
works. I want to say it will, just because it's a Microsoft joystick. I did
find an article that talked about problems you might see and it list vista
as an OS

SYMPTOMS
When you use a Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback Pro joystick to play a
Microsoft Flight Simulator game on a Microsoft Windows 2000, Microsoft
Windows XP, or Windows Vista-based computer, you may experience one or more
of the following symptoms:
• The joystick may not work at all in the games listed in the "Applies to"
section. However, the joystick may still be recognized in the Game
Controller/Game Options window.
• The Enable check box for the joystick is selected in the games listed in
the "Applies to" section. However, it is unavailable (dimmed).
• The joystick may work in Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator: WWII Pacific
Theater. But you feel no forces through it in any of the other games listed.
• You may not feel force feedback effects during flight

"Shaun A. Gupta" <shaungupta@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Hey all,
>
> Going to be building a new computer soon with Vista. Was wondering if the
> old Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 will work (with Force Feedback support of
> course) or if I'm going to have to upgrade sticks to something with Vista
> support.
>
> Thanks!

EdricBF

Re: Sidewinder Force Feedback 2
Works great

"Shaun A. Gupta" <shaungupta@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Hey all,
>
> Going to be building a new computer soon with Vista. Was wondering if the
> old Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 will work (with Force Feedback support of
> course) or if I'm going to have to upgrade sticks to something with Vista
> support.
>
> Thanks!

Shaun A. Gupta

Re: Sidewinder Force Feedback 2
Thanks to both replies. Glad there's some support for these sticks! So the
FF2 works WITH forces in most games? And is this under Vista's drivers I
assume? Thanks!

"EdricBF" <ebfilho@msn.com> wrote in message
> Works great
>
> "Shaun A. Gupta" <shaungupta@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> Hey all,
>>
>> Going to be building a new computer soon with Vista. Was wondering if
>> the old Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 will work (with Force Feedback
>> support of course) or if I'm going to have to upgrade sticks to something
>> with Vista support.
>>
>> Thanks!

Will

Re: Sidewinder Force Feedback 2

"Shaun A. Gupta" <shaungupta@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Hey all,
>
> Going to be building a new computer soon with Vista. Was wondering if the
> old Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 will work (with Force Feedback support of
> course) or if I'm going to have to upgrade sticks to something with Vista
> support.
>
> Thanks!

Have it and am using in MS Flight Sim X without problems

=?Utf-8?B?ZGxldWVu?=

RE: Sidewinder Force Feedback 2
No a Microsoft Sidewinder Joystick will not work in Vista. Or more precicely,
it will work if it is plugged in when you install but if you unplug it, the
joystick will no longer be detected by Vista next time you plug it in. I
wouldn't consider a one-time-use working. I'll be searching forums for help
with hopes I don't have to re-install Vista and use up another activation
just to get a stupid Microsoft Joystick to work with a Microsoft OS.

Don

"Shaun A. Gupta" wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> Going to be building a new computer soon with Vista. Was wondering if the
> old Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 will work (with Force Feedback support of
> course) or if I'm going to have to upgrade sticks to something with Vista
> support.
>
> Thanks!

Toonshorty

"Shaun A. Gupta" wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> Going to be building a new computer soon with Vista. Was wondering if the
> old Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 will work (with Force Feedback support of
> course) or if I'm going to have to upgrade sticks to something with Vista
> support.
>
> Thanks!

Here is a driver for the FF2 to work with vista...

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ogID=266949003

ThoR294

RE: Sidewinder Force Feedback 2
My joystick works, but i have no force feedback. The green light just keeps
blinking, the joystick wont auto center itself either when I put my finger
over the sensor. what the eff, and it costs me $60 to talk to micro$oft, even
though i have the serial number? this is lame!