WANTED: TV Tuner Recomendations

James Rainey

WANTED: TV Tuner Recomendations
I'm running Vista Ultimate Build 6000. ATI 1900 GT PCIe and I have 1 PCI
Slot open. PIV 3.2 Ghz with 2GIG RAM.

I would love to install a TV Tuner card but simply can't find any good
reviews. Anyone here have suggestions?

JIM

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: WANTED: TV Tuner Recomendations
I asked this question only last night so:
http://jtsang.blogspot.com/2006/06/v...lic-media.html

You might also want to read:

I'm personally leaning towards the ATI
because it has good reviews and based on the KB article, I should be able to
get both tuners working on the single card and save a PCI slot! My old
eHome Wonder isn't Vista compatible so my MCE still languishes at MCE 2005
stage. It will play catch up with the other Vista PCs as and when finances
let me play more.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"James Rainey" <jamesrainey@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> I'm running Vista Ultimate Build 6000. ATI 1900 GT PCIe and I have 1 PCI
> Slot open. PIV 3.2 Ghz with 2GIG RAM.
>
> I would love to install a TV Tuner card but simply can't find any good
> reviews. Anyone here have suggestions?
>
> JIM

JW

Re: WANTED: TV Tuner Recomendations
The posting in Jason's blog is over a year old so none of the newer
compatible tuners are liasted.
I has not seen the KB article before and found it interesting. It leaves a
little out such as for Windows Media Center to recognize the Analog Tuner on
a Hybrid card the Hybrid card must have an Onboard MPEG2 encoder chip for
analog TV or Video capture. I belive that both the ATI 650 and Hauppauge
1600 have this capability. AFAIK both tuners on the ATI 750 can not be used
currentlly. I did see a posting this week in another forum where a users
said he had two 1600 cards installed and was able to record two analog
programs,2 digital progams and watch a 5th previoulsy recorded program all
at the same time.
"Cari (MS-MVP)" <NewsGroups@coribright.com> wrote in message
>I asked this question only last night so:
> http://jtsang.blogspot.com/2006/06/v...lic-media.html
>
> You might also want to read:
>
> I'm personally leaning towards the ATI
> because it has good reviews and based on the KB article, I should be able
> to get both tuners working on the single card and save a PCI slot! My old
> eHome Wonder isn't Vista compatible so my MCE still languishes at MCE 2005
> stage. It will play catch up with the other Vista PCs as and when
> finances let me play more.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "James Rainey" <jamesrainey@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>> I'm running Vista Ultimate Build 6000. ATI 1900 GT PCIe and I have 1 PCI
>> Slot open. PIV 3.2 Ghz with 2GIG RAM.
>>
>> I would love to install a TV Tuner card but simply can't find any good
>> reviews. Anyone here have suggestions?
>>
>> JIM

Jim Bruton

Re: WANTED: TV Tuner Recomendations
Take a look at the Fusion HDTV:

http://www.fusionhdtv.co.kr/eng/Products/HDTV5usb.aspx

I recently got a new PC with Vista (Ultimate, 32 bit) and ditched my old ATI
HD Wonder (which wasn't working too well). After doing some research I
ordered the FusionHDTV tuner online. It works very well, it's portable
(externeal USB device) and ther website has a Vista driver. Although the
driver is beta, I have not any crashes other than some problems with the
remote, which I don't use anyway. It also comes with the Zenth HDTV indoor
antenna which is not too bad for an indoor unit.

Check it out.