sound help with vista

=?Utf-8?B?ZGVhZndpdGh2aXN0YQ==?=

sound help with vista
i did clean instal of vista to down-grade my computer's performance. i got
most of the bugs fixed, but i still have no sound. when i go to device
manager it says that the device cannot start, error code 10. also, the little
speaker thingy in the toolbar says "no output device installed". can anyone
help me here? please? don't make me beg, because there's nothing worse than a
fat man begging
JW

Re: sound help with vista
It would help to know what your Sound output device is, how it is connected
and if you have the latest Vista drivers for it from the Manufacturers Web
site. Also you could try disabling in device manager and rebooting your
system.

"deafwithvista" <deafwithvista@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i did clean instal of vista to down-grade my computer's performance. i got
> most of the bugs fixed, but i still have no sound. when i go to device
> manager it says that the device cannot start, error code 10. also, the
> little
> speaker thingy in the toolbar says "no output device installed". can
> anyone
> help me here? please? don't make me beg, because there's nothing worse
> than a
> fat man begging

=?Utf-8?B?ZGVhZndpdGh2aXN0YQ==?=

Re: sound help with vista
it says nothing but "high definition audio device", it's a toshiba laptop
that's only 3 months old. thanks for your fast reply though, i'll try that as
soon as msn helper is done telling me she can't help me. she's trying really
hard and i'd hate to hang up and ruin her day.

"JW" wrote:

> It would help to know what your Sound output device is, how it is connected
> and if you have the latest Vista drivers for it from the Manufacturers Web
> site. Also you could try disabling in device manager and rebooting your
> system.
>
> "deafwithvista" <deafwithvista@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >i did clean instal of vista to down-grade my computer's performance. i got
> > most of the bugs fixed, but i still have no sound. when i go to device
> > manager it says that the device cannot start, error code 10. also, the
> > little
> > speaker thingy in the toolbar says "no output device installed". can
> > anyone
> > help me here? please? don't make me beg, because there's nothing worse
> > than a
> > fat man begging

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: sound help with vista
Ha, that magic word Toshiba who have actually been very good with the
drivers.

www.vistadl.toshiba.com

And you'll find everything you need ... (and probably more)
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

> it says nothing but "high definition audio device", it's a toshiba laptop
> that's only 3 months old. thanks for your fast reply though, i'll try that
> as
> soon as msn helper is done telling me she can't help me. she's trying
> really
> hard and i'd hate to hang up and ruin her day.
>
> "JW" wrote:
>
>> It would help to know what your Sound output device is, how it is
>> connected
>> and if you have the latest Vista drivers for it from the Manufacturers
>> Web
>> site. Also you could try disabling in device manager and rebooting your
>> system.
>>
>> "deafwithvista" <deafwithvista@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> >i did clean instal of vista to down-grade my computer's performance. i
>> >got
>> > most of the bugs fixed, but i still have no sound. when i go to device
>> > manager it says that the device cannot start, error code 10. also, the
>> > little
>> > speaker thingy in the toolbar says "no output device installed". can
>> > anyone
>> > help me here? please? don't make me beg, because there's nothing worse
>> > than a
>> > fat man begging

kieronm

Re: sound help with vista
I too have the same proble. I've upgrated Vista Business to Vista Ultimate
and my audio output has disappeared. I have a Dell XPS - any ideas how to
re-install it?