NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS: Red halo

=?Utf-8?B?aGVscGhlcmI=?=

NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS: Red halo
Using the subject card with a Dell 2007WFP montior and everything looks great
except for black letters. Particularly if the letters are bold there is a
red halo at the edges of the letters.

I've tried various contrast and color adjustments with no improvement.

The is my first LCD monitor. Does this tend to be a problem with LCDs or is
something definitely wrong? Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Richard Urban

Re: NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS: Red halo
You can download the Microsoft True Type Tuner. Even though it does not
state that it is Vista compatible, I have successfully used it to eliminate
those red halo's from the text in these newsgroups (and elsewhere). It
happens only on LCD monitors, that I have seen, and it really is annoying.

--

Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from George Ankner:

"helpherb" <helpherb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Using the subject card with a Dell 2007WFP montior and everything looks
> great
> except for black letters. Particularly if the letters are bold there is a
> red halo at the edges of the letters.
>
> I've tried various contrast and color adjustments with no improvement.
>
> The is my first LCD monitor. Does this tend to be a problem with LCDs or
> is
> something definitely wrong? Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks!

=?Utf-8?B?aGVscGhlcmI=?=

Re: NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS: Red halo
Richard--I found a Microsoft Clear Type Tuner and it works great (as you
stated, it says it not Vista compatible but seems to work). What an
improvement! Many thanks, Herb

"Richard Urban" wrote:

> You can download the Microsoft True Type Tuner. Even though it does not
> state that it is Vista compatible, I have successfully used it to eliminate
> those red halo's from the text in these newsgroups (and elsewhere). It
> happens only on LCD monitors, that I have seen, and it really is annoying.
>
> --
>

> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> Quote from George Ankner:
>

> "helpherb" <helpherb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Using the subject card with a Dell 2007WFP montior and everything looks
> > great
> > except for black letters. Particularly if the letters are bold there is a
> > red halo at the edges of the letters.
> >
> > I've tried various contrast and color adjustments with no improvement.
> >
> > The is my first LCD monitor. Does this tend to be a problem with LCDs or
> > is
> > something definitely wrong? Any suggestions?
> >
> > Thanks!

Richard Urban

Re: NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS: Red halo
Glad to assist. Some times you just have to try things.