Changing hardware in Vista

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9za2U=?=

Changing hardware in Vista
I plan on buying vista, but first:

I often buy new hardware: Processor, motherboard, etc
I also do a format every 6 months.
In case you wonder, yes i'm a gamer ;-)

Will vista give any troubles? I mean, will it say that my serial has been
used to often etc? So i can't activate anymore...

Please let me know

Regards,

Joske
Dustin Harper

Re: Changing hardware in Vista
It might give you a hastle after 3-4 activations, but a call to Microsoft
will usually remedy that. As long as your install is not an OEM (which is
usually stuck to the hardware you bought it with), you can reactivate it
however many times you need to.

--
Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com

--
"Joske" <Joske@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I plan on buying vista, but first:
>
> I often buy new hardware: Processor, motherboard, etc
> I also do a format every 6 months.
> In case you wonder, yes i'm a gamer ;-)
>
> Will vista give any troubles? I mean, will it say that my serial has been
> used to often etc? So i can't activate anymore...
>
> Please let me know
>
> Regards,
>
> Joske

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9za2U=?=

Re: Changing hardware in Vista
Can u get an OEM version by buying lets say a mouse, or only when u buy a
complete system?

And if you need to buy a complete sytem and u want to buy a new graphical
card then the oem doesnt work anymore?

Regards,

Joske

"Dustin Harper" wrote:

> It might give you a hastle after 3-4 activations, but a call to Microsoft
> will usually remedy that. As long as your install is not an OEM (which is
> usually stuck to the hardware you bought it with), you can reactivate it
> however many times you need to.
>

> --
> Dustin Harper
> dharper@vistarip.com
> http://www.vistarip.com
>
> --
> "Joske" <Joske@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I plan on buying vista, but first:
> >
> > I often buy new hardware: Processor, motherboard, etc
> > I also do a format every 6 months.
> > In case you wonder, yes i'm a gamer ;-)
> >
> > Will vista give any troubles? I mean, will it say that my serial has been
> > used to often etc? So i can't activate anymore...
> >
> > Please let me know
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Joske

Dustin Harper

Re: Changing hardware in Vista
Usually it's with a motherboard or CPU (major part of system). Upgrading the
system doesn't hinder the activation, some might require a call to MS.

Usually, if your motherboard goes out, and you replace it you can reactivate
Windows (call to MS, more than likely.) Just explain that the MB went dead
and you replaced it.

--
Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com

--
> Can u get an OEM version by buying lets say a mouse, or only when u buy a
> complete system?
>
> And if you need to buy a complete sytem and u want to buy a new graphical
> card then the oem doesnt work anymore?
>
> Regards,
>
> Joske
>

> "Dustin Harper" wrote:
>
>> It might give you a hastle after 3-4 activations, but a call to Microsoft
>> will usually remedy that. As long as your install is not an OEM (which is
>> usually stuck to the hardware you bought it with), you can reactivate it
>> however many times you need to.
>>

>> --
>> Dustin Harper
>> dharper@vistarip.com
>> http://www.vistarip.com
>>
>> --
>> "Joske" <Joske@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I plan on buying vista, but first:
>> >
>> > I often buy new hardware: Processor, motherboard, etc
>> > I also do a format every 6 months.
>> > In case you wonder, yes i'm a gamer ;-)
>> >
>> > Will vista give any troubles? I mean, will it say that my serial has
>> > been
>> > used to often etc? So i can't activate anymore...
>> >
>> > Please let me know
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> >
>> > Joske

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9za2U=?=