Nvidia Drivers

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXMgTWF0dGlzb24=?=

Nvidia Drivers
Please help...

I am just minutes away from being classified as a pure noob, so please
forgive me.
I've noticed that with Vista, no matter how many times I update my Nvidia
graphics drivers, the properties on that piece of hardware in the device
manager always displays a different display adapter version than what I just
installed.

I have a 7800 GT, and my driver version says I've got 7.15.11.65, though I
know I just installed 100.65 from Nvidia's site, even the date is wrong
saying the driver I just installed is 12 days old. I remember very well
installing current drivers on XP and having them read directly after the
update the lastest version I installed...but Vista keeps telling me this
version. For that matter, it tells me that I've got some Window's version
driver, which until Microsoft devours Nvidia, too, I would like Nvidia
drivers for my Nvidia card.

What am I doing wrong, or not noticing?

What am I doing wrong?
Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User

Re: Nvidia Drivers
It is just nVidia playing games..

--

Mike Hall
MS MVP Windows Shell/User

JW

Re: Nvidia Drivers
Note that the last number the .65 is the correct number.
With differnt versions of Vista drivers both 32 bit and 64bit and many
different card/chip types it it appears that the first 3 sets of number
idendify the specific drivers for your card. It appears that the 100.
number is used to identify an entire family of card and OS specific
individual drivers with the same set of software features.
"Chris Mattison" <ChrisMattison@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Please help...
>
> I am just minutes away from being classified as a pure noob, so please
> forgive me.
> I've noticed that with Vista, no matter how many times I update my Nvidia
> graphics drivers, the properties on that piece of hardware in the device
> manager always displays a different display adapter version than what I
> just
> installed.
>
> I have a 7800 GT, and my driver version says I've got 7.15.11.65, though I
> know I just installed 100.65 from Nvidia's site, even the date is wrong
> saying the driver I just installed is 12 days old. I remember very well
> installing current drivers on XP and having them read directly after the
> update the lastest version I installed...but Vista keeps telling me this
> version. For that matter, it tells me that I've got some Window's version
> driver, which until Microsoft devours Nvidia, too, I would like Nvidia
> drivers for my Nvidia card.
>
> What am I doing wrong, or not noticing?
>
> What am I doing wrong?

=?iso-8859-1?B?RGFuaWVsIEP0dOk=?=

Re: Nvidia Drivers
I still have NOT been able to install the new Nvidia drivers from their
site. Tells me that I don't have VISTA running (wrong version of Windows it
says... ) Tried both the 32 bit and 64 bit versions, but no go.

Anybody else out there? am at wits end trying to install the new drivers.

Dan
Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User

Re: Nvidia Drivers
Daniel, first of all, one does not try 32 and 64bit drivers arbitrarily..

Second, the present Nvidia drivers are written specifically for Vista RTM..
if you are using an earlier Release Candidate, they will not work.. do you
have an RTM version or is it an earlier Beta version?

--

Mike Hall
MS MVP Windows Shell/User
http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

=?iso-8859-1?B?RGFuaWVsIEP0dOk=?=

Re: Nvidia Drivers
Hi. Running Vista Ultimate full edition, released Jan 30, not an earlier
version. I started from scratch and deleted the old XP partition .

Secondly, I tried to install the 32 bit version -- said I had the wrong
version of Windows. That is when I tried to install the 64 bit... Same issue
came.

So, I have no idea whey I'm getting a message that I have the wrong version
of windows installed. Very strange.

Dan
=?iso-8859-1?B?RGFuaWVsIEP0dOk=?=

Re: Nvidia Drivers
I did manage finally to install the new 32 bit drivers, but had to do the
manual way (through control panel, update driver etc). The Nvidia setup file
does not work for me at all and halts installation.

At least I'm running the latest drivers now.

Dan
=?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXMgTWF0dGlzb24=?=

Re: Nvidia Drivers
I did see that last number, but I decided to ignore it, since it still says
my last drivers were created on the tenth of this month, not the 20th like
Nvidia says.

"JW" wrote:

> Note that the last number the .65 is the correct number.
> With differnt versions of Vista drivers both 32 bit and 64bit and many
> different card/chip types it it appears that the first 3 sets of number
> idendify the specific drivers for your card. It appears that the 100.
> number is used to identify an entire family of card and OS specific
> individual drivers with the same set of software features.
> "Chris Mattison" <ChrisMattison@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Please help...
> >
> > I am just minutes away from being classified as a pure noob, so please
> > forgive me.
> > I've noticed that with Vista, no matter how many times I update my Nvidia
> > graphics drivers, the properties on that piece of hardware in the device
> > manager always displays a different display adapter version than what I
> > just
> > installed.
> >
> > I have a 7800 GT, and my driver version says I've got 7.15.11.65, though I
> > know I just installed 100.65 from Nvidia's site, even the date is wrong
> > saying the driver I just installed is 12 days old. I remember very well
> > installing current drivers on XP and having them read directly after the
> > update the lastest version I installed...but Vista keeps telling me this
> > version. For that matter, it tells me that I've got some Window's version
> > driver, which until Microsoft devours Nvidia, too, I would like Nvidia
> > drivers for my Nvidia card.
> >
> > What am I doing wrong, or not noticing?
> >
> > What am I doing wrong?

JW

Re: Nvidia Drivers
They were created on the 10th and after testing were released on the 20th.