8600 GT Sli Failing

mzmiric5

8600 GT Sli Failing
Guys i need help fast.
On my workstation I'm running vista ultimate x86 on Core 2 Duo E6600, 2 GB
RAM, 2x Albatron 8600 GT 256 in sli mode. So few days ago i downloaded new
nvida WHQL driver from MS update and from then my screen frequently turns
black and i see my mouse for few sec and than my lcd starts looking for
signal, second after vista is back on screen and i receive a message "Display
driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.". I tried
to rollback to my old driver but my situation remains unchanged. I believe
this is not application based because it happens to me randomly. Even
happened to me few times now while the only thing I'm running is IE. Help me
please!
Thanks in advanced
Mišo
JW

Re: 8600 GT Sli Failing
Get the latest WHQL drivers(162.22) or the latest Beta drivers(163.11) from
the NVIDIA Website and follow the instructions for removing the old drivers
and installing the new ones. The drivers from NVIDIA are most likely newer
then the ones from MS WinUpdate.
"mzmiric5" <mzmiric5@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Guys i need help fast.
> On my workstation I'm running vista ultimate x86 on Core 2 Duo E6600, 2 GB
> RAM, 2x Albatron 8600 GT 256 in sli mode. So few days ago i downloaded new
> nvida WHQL driver from MS update and from then my screen frequently turns
> black and i see my mouse for few sec and than my lcd starts looking for
> signal, second after vista is back on screen and i receive a message
> "Display
> driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.". I
> tried
> to rollback to my old driver but my situation remains unchanged. I believe
> this is not application based because it happens to me randomly. Even
> happened to me few times now while the only thing I'm running is IE. Help
> me
> please!
> Thanks in advanced
> Mišo

mzmiric5

Re: 8600 GT Sli Failing
Thanks, so i tried updating to 162,22 WHQL and to 163.11 Beta. On both
drivers i have noticed that this crashes only happen while sli mode is
active. Any other solutions? I'm running that configuration on ECS
NF650iSLIT-A.
Thanks in advanced
Mišo

"JW" wrote:

> Get the latest WHQL drivers(162.22) or the latest Beta drivers(163.11) from
> the NVIDIA Website and follow the instructions for removing the old drivers
> and installing the new ones. The drivers from NVIDIA are most likely newer
> then the ones from MS WinUpdate.
> "mzmiric5" <mzmiric5@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Guys i need help fast.
> > On my workstation I'm running vista ultimate x86 on Core 2 Duo E6600, 2 GB
> > RAM, 2x Albatron 8600 GT 256 in sli mode. So few days ago i downloaded new
> > nvida WHQL driver from MS update and from then my screen frequently turns
> > black and i see my mouse for few sec and than my lcd starts looking for
> > signal, second after vista is back on screen and i receive a message
> > "Display
> > driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.". I
> > tried
> > to rollback to my old driver but my situation remains unchanged. I believe
> > this is not application based because it happens to me randomly. Even
> > happened to me few times now while the only thing I'm running is IE. Help
> > me
> > please!
> > Thanks in advanced
> > Mišo

JW

Re: 8600 GT Sli Failing
Read the release notes for the current release notes in detail looking for
references to SLI mode with your card.

> Thanks, so i tried updating to 162,22 WHQL and to 163.11 Beta. On both
> drivers i have noticed that this crashes only happen while sli mode is
> active. Any other solutions? I'm running that configuration on ECS
> NF650iSLIT-A.
> Thanks in advanced
> Mišo
>
> "JW" wrote:
>
>> Get the latest WHQL drivers(162.22) or the latest Beta drivers(163.11)
>> from
>> the NVIDIA Website and follow the instructions for removing the old
>> drivers
>> and installing the new ones. The drivers from NVIDIA are most likely
>> newer
>> then the ones from MS WinUpdate.
>> "mzmiric5" <mzmiric5@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Guys i need help fast.
>> > On my workstation I'm running vista ultimate x86 on Core 2 Duo E6600, 2
>> > GB
>> > RAM, 2x Albatron 8600 GT 256 in sli mode. So few days ago i downloaded
>> > new
>> > nvida WHQL driver from MS update and from then my screen frequently
>> > turns
>> > black and i see my mouse for few sec and than my lcd starts looking for
>> > signal, second after vista is back on screen and i receive a message
>> > "Display
>> > driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.". I
>> > tried
>> > to rollback to my old driver but my situation remains unchanged. I
>> > believe
>> > this is not application based because it happens to me randomly. Even
>> > happened to me few times now while the only thing I'm running is IE.
>> > Help
>> > me
>> > please!
>> > Thanks in advanced
>> > Mišo

vista_user

Re: 8600 GT Sli Failing

I went into BIOS and disabled "Intel C-State Tech".

Also I set all RAM speeds to Auto even though the motherboard (P5Q-Pro)
select slower speeds than specified on the RAM itself.

I don't know if the RAM settings matter, but these two changes solved
the problem. Probably C-State is the real problem. :geek:

--
vista_user
motarola2

Re: 8600 GT Sli Failing

well, if it was a windows update, you should try a system restore.

--
motarola2