2 minutes harddrive activity after Window Vista Load

=?Utf-8?B?R1Q=?=

2 minutes harddrive activity after Window Vista Load
2 minutes harddrive activity after Window Vista load. No software installed.
This happen everytime and it's very annoying.
Richard Urban

Re: 2 minutes harddrive activity after Window Vista Load
Superfetch filling up - normal activity.

--

Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from George Ankner:

"GT" <GT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>2 minutes harddrive activity after Window Vista load. No software
>installed.
> This happen everytime and it's very annoying.

=?Utf-8?B?R1Q=?=

Re: 2 minutes harddrive activity after Window Vista Load
thanks.

"Richard Urban" wrote:

> Superfetch filling up - normal activity.
>
> --
>

> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> Quote from George Ankner:
>

> "GT" <GT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >2 minutes harddrive activity after Window Vista load. No software
> >installed.
> > This happen everytime and it's very annoying.

Richard Urban

Re: 2 minutes harddrive activity after Window Vista Load
I have 3 computers for personal use, and repair/install Vista on many
others. I have yet to see one that settles into a workable desktop until 2-3
minutes have elapsed.

If you have a USB stick inserted for readyboost, it will take even longer -
till the USB stick has been filled with the cached code.

--

> thanks.
>

> "Richard Urban" wrote:
>
>> Superfetch filling up - normal activity.
>>
>> --
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Richard Urban
>> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> Quote from George Ankner:
>>

>> "GT" <GT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >2 minutes harddrive activity after Window Vista load. No software
>> >installed.
>> > This happen everytime and it's very annoying.

=?Utf-8?B?R1Q=?=

Re: 2 minutes harddrive activity after Window Vista Load
any idea why my harddrive is making a high pitch/whistling sound. That sound
would not stop until i put it to sleep and wake it up. Harddrive is not the
problem since i reinstalled XP and did not hear any sound at all.

"Richard Urban" wrote:

> I have 3 computers for personal use, and repair/install Vista on many
> others. I have yet to see one that settles into a workable desktop until 2-3
> minutes have elapsed.
>
> If you have a USB stick inserted for readyboost, it will take even longer -
> till the USB stick has been filled with the cached code.
>
> --
>

> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> Quote from George Ankner:
>

> "GT" <GT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > thanks.
> >

> > "Richard Urban" wrote:
> >
> >> Superfetch filling up - normal activity.
> >>
> >> --
> >>

> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> Richard Urban
> >> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
> >> (For email, remove the obvious from my address)
> >>
> >> Quote from George Ankner:
> >> If you knew as much as you think you know,
> >> You would realize that you don't know what you thought you knew!

Richard Urban

Re: 2 minutes harddrive activity after Window Vista Load
Don't know. Maybe it's contented and "Whistling A Happy Tune" (-:

The new high speed drives are more noisy than the older 5400 RPM drives. Now
the common speed is 7200 RPM.

10,000 and 15,000 RPM drives are available. All of these will have a higher
pitch. If the bearings start singing it can be quite annoying - yet the
drive may not show up as being defective when tested. But it is certainly
indicative of something not right within the drives casing. I would think
that it is an indicator of something about to happen.