Lexmark x1270 and hardware recognition

J. Sellman

Lexmark x1270 and hardware recognition
I have a Lexmark X1270 printer which is running on a computer with the
Windows Vista os. Every few days the os decides that it recognizes the
printer as new hardware and attempts to install another driver for my printer
(the original driver is "Lexmark 1200 series" and the new driver is given the
name "Lexmark 1200 series copy 1") This causes the computer to no longer be
able to communicate with the printer (although scanning does not seem to be
affected). Short term solution has been to uninstall the copy which solves
the communication problem, however this is happening regularly and its
getting old. Anyone hear of this problem? Anyone have a long term solution?

--
J. Sellman
dizwold

RE: Lexmark x1270 and hardware recognition
I too have this problem. Can someone please help before i fall out with this
printer!

"J. Sellman" wrote:

> I have a Lexmark X1270 printer which is running on a computer with the
> Windows Vista os. Every few days the os decides that it recognizes the
> printer as new hardware and attempts to install another driver for my printer
> (the original driver is "Lexmark 1200 series" and the new driver is given the
> name "Lexmark 1200 series copy 1") This causes the computer to no longer be
> able to communicate with the printer (although scanning does not seem to be
> affected). Short term solution has been to uninstall the copy which solves
> the communication problem, however this is happening regularly and its
> getting old. Anyone hear of this problem? Anyone have a long term solution?
>
> --
> J. Sellman

Rob

RE: Lexmark x1270 and hardware recognition
Have the very same problem! The printer came with the computer, but has been
nothing but trouble since I installed it. Lexmark told me the CD was no good
for Vista and sent me another... but it didn't really solve everything. I
just wne through it again with them and they sent me another CD "for VIsta",
but programs shut down as soon as I installed it... getting ready to call
them back! If anyone find s a solution, please post. Thanks!