CD-ROM-unit, corrupt config info in register (code 19)

=?Utf-8?B?V2hpcGxhc2hJbmZvLnNl?=

CD-ROM-unit, corrupt config info in register (code 19)
Hi, I just upgraded from XP to Vista Enterprice and has faced a lot of
problems.
One of them is that the Vista does find the CD-ROM unit, but rapport a error
message:
"
A driver was found but a error occurred when the driver should install.
The config info in the regsiter is either incompled or corrupt. (Code 19)"

I then run and bought a brand new CD-ROM, installed the hardware and started
Vista - but with the same result, except that Vista new a hade installed a
new CD-ROM, but still report the same error. Confusing....

Another big problem is my Creative Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro. Here Vista act
nearly the same as with CD-ROM unit.

What to do...?

Tomas
--
WhiplashInfo.se helps injured and server ill persons (non profit).
Rick Rogers

Re: CD-ROM-unit, corrupt config info in register (code 19)
Hi,

Follow the steps in method 1 of this article:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320553

Then reboot and let it reinstall.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"WhiplashInfo.se" <WhiplashInfose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:63C643FE-41BC-4F3A-BCC5-610D07628C13@microsoft.com...
> Hi, I just upgraded from XP to Vista Enterprice and has faced a lot of
> problems.
> One of them is that the Vista does find the CD-ROM unit, but rapport a
> error
> message:
> "
> A driver was found but a error occurred when the driver should install.
> The config info in the regsiter is either incompled or corrupt. (Code 19)"
>
> I then run and bought a brand new CD-ROM, installed the hardware and
> started
> Vista - but with the same result, except that Vista new a hade installed a
> new CD-ROM, but still report the same error. Confusing....
>
> Another big problem is my Creative Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro. Here Vista
> act
> nearly the same as with CD-ROM unit.
>
> What to do...?
>
> Tomas
> --
> WhiplashInfo.se helps injured and server ill persons (non profit).

=?Utf-8?B?V2hpcGxhc2hJbmZvLnNl?=

Re: CD-ROM-unit, corrupt config info in register (code 19)
OK - I followed the advice, even though it was stated at XP, but it worked
fine. The problem solved.

Thanks!

Tomas