Error Message - Page error in non page area

Don

Error Message - Page error in non page area
I am attempting to help a friend in need. He is running Vista Home Premium on
a new HP desktop with an AMD Athlon processor and 2GB of RAM. To run some of
his games, it was necessary to install a new video card (the computer came
with the video integrated in the mother board), and to install a larger power
supply. So, he installed the new video card (nVidia 8600GT and the new power
supply (450 watts versus the 300 watts that came with the desktop). The CD
that came with the video card did not have the driver for Vista so he
downloaded and installed the driver from the nVidia website. He also made the
changes in the setup so the device manager recognized the new video card.
However, after the system boots, and the desktop is displayed, without
further action up pops the fatal blue screen for only a few seconds; just
long enough to see the message "Page error in non page area". We temporarily
reconnected to the old video (on the mother board) and the system runs
without error. We are at a loss as to how to proceed. Any suggestions?
--
Don
Nick

RE: Error Message - Page error in non page area
What are the other specifications of his system? I have had the same problem
when I tried to overclock my system. All I had to do was give more power to
my ram. Perhaps taking a look in the bios and adjusting the power settings
might fix your problem.

Let me know if it works out.

"Don" wrote:

> I am attempting to help a friend in need. He is running Vista Home Premium on
> a new HP desktop with an AMD Athlon processor and 2GB of RAM. To run some of
> his games, it was necessary to install a new video card (the computer came
> with the video integrated in the mother board), and to install a larger power
> supply. So, he installed the new video card (nVidia 8600GT and the new power
> supply (450 watts versus the 300 watts that came with the desktop). The CD
> that came with the video card did not have the driver for Vista so he
> downloaded and installed the driver from the nVidia website. He also made the
> changes in the setup so the device manager recognized the new video card.
> However, after the system boots, and the desktop is displayed, without
> further action up pops the fatal blue screen for only a few seconds; just
> long enough to see the message "Page error in non page area". We temporarily
> reconnected to the old video (on the mother board) and the system runs
> without error. We are at a loss as to how to proceed. Any suggestions?
> --
> Don

Josh is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey, I'm running into the same problem. How much power did you add? I maxed out the RAM, northbridge and southbridge voltages and was still getting the error.

Thanks.
Paul Montgomery

Re: Error Message - Page error in non page area
On Mon, 4 Aug 2008 13:53:32 +0100, Josh
<Josh.3dmd4e@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote:

>Hey, I'm running into the same problem. How much power did you add?

[snip]

3 more days and it will be ONE YEAR SINCE "DON" MADE THAT POST.