no sound output device installed....

Nick

no sound output device installed....
A couple of days ago after switching on my pc I noticed that my sound wasn't
working. The sound device icon in my system tray has a red circle with a
white cross over it. I have tried adjusting my sound devices in my bios, I've
uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for my sound device, but nothing
works. I've already visited numberous forums, but nothing helps.
My pc has a vista ultimate installed on it, and my sound device is an
onboard sound device of my asus p5b mobo. Drivers from asus aren't working
either.

Has anyone had this same problem and knows a fix? please contact me:
n_geys@hotmail.com

thx
Rick Rogers

Re: no sound output device installed....
Hi,

Did you open the mixer and check that it wasn't simply muted?
Does Device Manager state that the audio is installed correctly?

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Nick" <Nick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>A couple of days ago after switching on my pc I noticed that my sound
>wasn't
> working. The sound device icon in my system tray has a red circle with a
> white cross over it. I have tried adjusting my sound devices in my bios,
> I've
> uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for my sound device, but nothing
> works. I've already visited numberous forums, but nothing helps.
> My pc has a vista ultimate installed on it, and my sound device is an
> onboard sound device of my asus p5b mobo. Drivers from asus aren't working
> either.
>
> Has anyone had this same problem and knows a fix? please contact me:
> n_geys@hotmail.com
>
> thx

Nick

Re: no sound output device installed....
hey Rick,

I have already opened the mixer and am certain that it isn't muted. This
simply because there aren't any devices available. I used to have the option
to choose between my normal speakers and my headset, but there just isn't
anything to choose between.
The device manager also states that everything is installed correctly. I
haven't got any devices with a yellow mark on them. Also, when I check for
newer updates, vista states that I already have the best drivers available.
My bios also states that High def. sound is enabled.

I just simply can't understand how this problem can just occur from one day
on the other, since I haven't made any significant hardware nor software
modifications. Reinstalling vista on an other HD also didn't solve the
problem. I simply have no clue at all of the possible cause of this problem.

grtz

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Did you open the mixer and check that it wasn't simply muted?
> Does Device Manager state that the audio is installed correctly?
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Nick" <Nick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >A couple of days ago after switching on my pc I noticed that my sound
> >wasn't
> > working. The sound device icon in my system tray has a red circle with a
> > white cross over it. I have tried adjusting my sound devices in my bios,
> > I've
> > uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for my sound device, but nothing
> > works. I've already visited numberous forums, but nothing helps.
> > My pc has a vista ultimate installed on it, and my sound device is an
> > onboard sound device of my asus p5b mobo. Drivers from asus aren't working
> > either.
> >
> > Has anyone had this same problem and knows a fix? please contact me:
> > n_geys@hotmail.com
> >
> > thx

Crazy Noddy

> hey Rick,
>
> I have already opened the mixer and am certain that it isn't muted. This
> simply because there aren't any devices available. I used to have the
> option
> to choose between my normal speakers and my headset, but there just isn't
> anything to choose between.
> The device manager also states that everything is installed correctly. I
> haven't got any devices with a yellow mark on them. Also, when I check for
> newer updates, vista states that I already have the best drivers
> available.
> My bios also states that High def. sound is enabled.
>
> I just simply can't understand how this problem can just occur from one
> day
> on the other, since I haven't made any significant hardware nor software
> modifications. Reinstalling vista on an other HD also didn't solve the
> problem. I simply have no clue at all of the possible cause of this
> problem.
>
> grtz

When you installed the newer drivers did you uninstall the old ones first
or did you just install over the top of the old ones? Only thing I can
suggest is to make sure sound device is set to enabled in the bios and
cleanly uninstall the drivers and then install them again. If that doesn't
work then I guess a new soundcard is in your future.

Nick

Re: no sound output device installed....
Yes I had uninstalled the old ones first. I have already thought about
getting a new sound card, but I've already read a few posts of people with
the same problem but it still continued after they got a new sound card. I
don't realy see the point of spending 130 € on a new sound card without
knowing for sure that it's gonna solve my problem.
I also don't understand how it's possible that microsoft can't realy help
me, since i'm very clearly not the only one with this problem.

"Crazy Noddy" wrote:

> "Nick" <Nick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > hey Rick,
> >
> > I have already opened the mixer and am certain that it isn't muted. This
> > simply because there aren't any devices available. I used to have the
> > option
> > to choose between my normal speakers and my headset, but there just isn't
> > anything to choose between.
> > The device manager also states that everything is installed correctly. I
> > haven't got any devices with a yellow mark on them. Also, when I check for
> > newer updates, vista states that I already have the best drivers
> > available.
> > My bios also states that High def. sound is enabled.
> >
> > I just simply can't understand how this problem can just occur from one
> > day
> > on the other, since I haven't made any significant hardware nor software
> > modifications. Reinstalling vista on an other HD also didn't solve the
> > problem. I simply have no clue at all of the possible cause of this
> > problem.
> >
> > grtz

> When you installed the newer drivers did you uninstall the old ones first
> or did you just install over the top of the old ones? Only thing I can
> suggest is to make sure sound device is set to enabled in the bios and
> cleanly uninstall the drivers and then install them again. If that doesn't
> work then I guess a new soundcard is in your future.

Cal Bear '66

Re: no sound output device installed....
What is your audio adapter?

NEVER trust the Windows check for newer drivers in Device Manager. ALWAYS go
the the manufacturer's web site for driver updates.

If you have a Realtek audio adapter, go here for ver. 1.73

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...Audio%20Codecs

Uninstall the drivers in Device Manager ***check the box to delete driver
files***, And uninstall the Realtek driver in Control Panel > Programs and
Features

REBOOT

Install new drivers

REBOOT

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"Nick" <Nick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hey Rick,
>
> I have already opened the mixer and am certain that it isn't muted. This
> simply because there aren't any devices available. I used to have the option
> to choose between my normal speakers and my headset, but there just isn't
> anything to choose between.
> The device manager also states that everything is installed correctly. I
> haven't got any devices with a yellow mark on them. Also, when I check for
> newer updates, vista states that I already have the best drivers available.
> My bios also states that High def. sound is enabled.
>
> I just simply can't understand how this problem can just occur from one day
> on the other, since I haven't made any significant hardware nor software
> modifications. Reinstalling vista on an other HD also didn't solve the
> problem. I simply have no clue at all of the possible cause of this problem.
>
> grtz
>
> "Rick Rogers" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Did you open the mixer and check that it wasn't simply muted?
>> Does Device Manager state that the audio is installed correctly?
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "Nick" <Nick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >A couple of days ago after switching on my pc I noticed that my sound
>> >wasn't
>> > working. The sound device icon in my system tray has a red circle with a
>> > white cross over it. I have tried adjusting my sound devices in my bios,
>> > I've
>> > uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for my sound device, but nothing
>> > works. I've already visited numberous forums, but nothing helps.
>> > My pc has a vista ultimate installed on it, and my sound device is an
>> > onboard sound device of my asus p5b mobo. Drivers from asus aren't working
>> > either.
>> >
>> > Has anyone had this same problem and knows a fix? please contact me:
>> > n_geys@hotmail.com
>> >
>> > thx

Nick

Re: no sound output device installed....
Tried that one too, but when I want to install it I get a message that the
driver isn't supported by vista. I then can choose between discontinueing the
install or continueing. When I choose to continue the message box keeps
popping up like forever, so no way of advancing there.

My audio adapter is a realtek AC'97 onboard an asus P5B deluxe mobo. Drivers
I found at the site of asus don't work either.

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> What is your audio adapter?
>
> NEVER trust the Windows check for newer drivers in Device Manager. ALWAYS go
> the the manufacturer's web site for driver updates.
>
> If you have a Realtek audio adapter, go here for ver. 1.73
>
> http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...Audio%20Codecs
>
> Uninstall the drivers in Device Manager ***check the box to delete driver
> files***, And uninstall the Realtek driver in Control Panel > Programs and
> Features
>
> REBOOT
>
> Install new drivers
>
> REBOOT
>
> --
> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "Nick" <Nick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > hey Rick,
> >
> > I have already opened the mixer and am certain that it isn't muted. This
> > simply because there aren't any devices available. I used to have the option
> > to choose between my normal speakers and my headset, but there just isn't
> > anything to choose between.
> > The device manager also states that everything is installed correctly. I
> > haven't got any devices with a yellow mark on them. Also, when I check for
> > newer updates, vista states that I already have the best drivers available.
> > My bios also states that High def. sound is enabled.
> >
> > I just simply can't understand how this problem can just occur from one day
> > on the other, since I haven't made any significant hardware nor software
> > modifications. Reinstalling vista on an other HD also didn't solve the
> > problem. I simply have no clue at all of the possible cause of this problem.
> >
> > grtz
> >
> > "Rick Rogers" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Did you open the mixer and check that it wasn't simply muted?
> >> Does Device Manager state that the audio is installed correctly?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Best of Luck,

> >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> >> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

Cal Bear '66

Re: no sound output device installed....
These Realtek AC'97 drivers:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&GetDown=false

And you did UNZIP the file first before you tried to install them?

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

> Tried that one too, but when I want to install it I get a message that the
> driver isn't supported by vista. I then can choose between discontinueing the
> install or continueing. When I choose to continue the message box keeps
> popping up like forever, so no way of advancing there.
>
> My audio adapter is a realtek AC'97 onboard an asus P5B deluxe mobo. Drivers
> I found at the site of asus don't work either.
>
> "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
>
>> What is your audio adapter?
>>
>> NEVER trust the Windows check for newer drivers in Device Manager. ALWAYS go
>> the the manufacturer's web site for driver updates.
>>
>> If you have a Realtek audio adapter, go here for ver. 1.73
>>
>> http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...Audio%20Codecs
>>
>> Uninstall the drivers in Device Manager ***check the box to delete driver
>> files***, And uninstall the Realtek driver in Control Panel > Programs and
>> Features
>>
>> REBOOT
>>
>> Install new drivers
>>
>> REBOOT
>>
>> --
>> I Bleed Blue and Gold
>> GO BEARS!
>>

>> "Nick" <Nick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > hey Rick,
>> >
>> > I have already opened the mixer and am certain that it isn't muted. This
>> > simply because there aren't any devices available. I used to have the
>> > option
>> > to choose between my normal speakers and my headset, but there just isn't
>> > anything to choose between.
>> > The device manager also states that everything is installed correctly. I
>> > haven't got any devices with a yellow mark on them. Also, when I check for
>> > newer updates, vista states that I already have the best drivers available.
>> > My bios also states that High def. sound is enabled.
>> >
>> > I just simply can't understand how this problem can just occur from one day
>> > on the other, since I haven't made any significant hardware nor software
>> > modifications. Reinstalling vista on an other HD also didn't solve the
>> > problem. I simply have no clue at all of the possible cause of this
>> > problem.
>> >
>> > grtz

Nick

Re: no sound output device installed....
jup file was unzipped while trying to install the drivers.

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> These Realtek AC'97 drivers:
>
> http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&GetDown=false
>
> And you did UNZIP the file first before you tried to install them?
>
> --
> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "Nick" <Nick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Tried that one too, but when I want to install it I get a message that the
> > driver isn't supported by vista. I then can choose between discontinueing the
> > install or continueing. When I choose to continue the message box keeps
> > popping up like forever, so no way of advancing there.
> >
> > My audio adapter is a realtek AC'97 onboard an asus P5B deluxe mobo. Drivers
> > I found at the site of asus don't work either.
> >
> > "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
> >
> >> What is your audio adapter?
> >>
> >> NEVER trust the Windows check for newer drivers in Device Manager. ALWAYS go
> >> the the manufacturer's web site for driver updates.
> >>
> >> If you have a Realtek audio adapter, go here for ver. 1.73
> >>
> >> http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...Audio%20Codecs
> >>
> >> Uninstall the drivers in Device Manager ***check the box to delete driver
> >> files***, And uninstall the Realtek driver in Control Panel > Programs and
> >> Features
> >>
> >> REBOOT
> >>
> >> Install new drivers
> >>
> >> REBOOT
> >>
> >> --
> >> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> >> GO BEARS!

Marcus

Re: no sound output device installed....
See if this helps: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/937077