NEED NEW PC...

=?Utf-8?B?am9lbWFtYWZyZXNo?=

NEED NEW PC...
hi everyone...
i think i need a new pc...my current configuration is a 2500+ althlon cpu, a
geforcefx 5700 ULTRA vid card, 1 gig of PC3200 ram, audigy2 sound card, hp
dvd/cd writer...when i was testing the betas, my pc worked pretty well, but
now, for some reason, it's acting all sluggish and half my games aren't
working...i'm VERY frustrated...oh, btw, i'm running home premium, and have
no qualms about building my own...i'd like some suggestions though, PLEASE? i
was leaning towards amd2, but know i'm hearing the intel duel core is the
way to go...i'd like to keep it under $700...could someone help me out, or
point me in the right direction?
thanks SO much!
~joey~
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: NEED NEW PC...
Was this a clean install?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"joemamafresh" <joemamafresh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi everyone...
> i think i need a new pc...my current configuration is a 2500+ althlon cpu,
> geforcefx 5700 ULTRA vid card, 1 gig of PC3200 ram, audigy2 sound card, hp
> dvd/cd writer...when i was testing the betas, my pc worked pretty well,
> but
> now, for some reason, it's acting all sluggish and half my games aren't
> working...i'm VERY frustrated...oh, btw, i'm running home premium, and
> have
> no qualms about building my own...i'd like some suggestions though,
> PLEASE? i
> was leaning towards amd2, but know i'm hearing the intel duel core is
> the
> way to go...i'd like to keep it under $700...could someone help me out, or
> point me in the right direction?
> thanks SO much!
> ~joey~

=?Utf-8?B?am9lbWFtYWZyZXNo?=

Re: NEED NEW PC...

yup...it was...that's why i thought it was so strange...thanks for the
quick reply, btw...

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Was this a clean install?
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "joemamafresh" <joemamafresh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > hi everyone...
> > i think i need a new pc...my current configuration is a 2500+ althlon cpu,
> > geforcefx 5700 ULTRA vid card, 1 gig of PC3200 ram, audigy2 sound card, hp
> > dvd/cd writer...when i was testing the betas, my pc worked pretty well,
> > but
> > now, for some reason, it's acting all sluggish and half my games aren't
> > working...i'm VERY frustrated...oh, btw, i'm running home premium, and
> > have
> > no qualms about building my own...i'd like some suggestions though,
> > PLEASE? i
> > was leaning towards amd2, but know i'm hearing the intel duel core is
> > the
> > way to go...i'd like to keep it under $700...could someone help me out, or
> > point me in the right direction?
> > thanks SO much!
> > ~joey~

mikeyhsd

Re: NEED NEW PC...
check out
http://www.tomshardware.com/index.html

mikeyhsd@sport.rr.commikeyhsd@sport.rr.com

[...]

Should be OK, I tested on a 3200+ Athlon and I'm sure the RTM runs faster
than any of the betas. Did you remember your motherboard utility drivers?
Got enough hard drive space? Mine has integrated ATI x200 graphics which I
have at 128mb and 1.5gb of RAM (less the 128mb of course). Runs fine.

I'm assuming you've done the usual housework of defragging and Disk
cleaning!!!
--

> yup...it was...that's why i thought it was so strange...thanks for the
> quick reply, btw...
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
>> Was this a clean install?
>> --
>> Cari (MS-MVP)
>> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>>
>> "joemamafresh" <joemamafresh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > hi everyone...
>> > i think i need a new pc...my current configuration is a 2500+ althlon
>> > cpu,
>> > geforcefx 5700 ULTRA vid card, 1 gig of PC3200 ram, audigy2 sound card,
>> > hp
>> > dvd/cd writer...when i was testing the betas, my pc worked pretty well,
>> > but
>> > now, for some reason, it's acting all sluggish and half my games aren't
>> > working...i'm VERY frustrated...oh, btw, i'm running home premium, and
>> > have
>> > no qualms about building my own...i'd like some suggestions though,
>> > PLEASE? i
>> > was leaning towards amd2, but know i'm hearing the intel duel core
>> > is
>> > the
>> > way to go...i'd like to keep it under $700...could someone help me out,
>> > or
>> > point me in the right direction?
>> > thanks SO much!
>> > ~joey~

=?Utf-8?B?am9lbWFtYWZyZXNo?=

Re: NEED NEW PC...
you know what else i considered? just maxing out everything on my pc
now...like upgrade to two gigs of ram, a 3000+ anthlon xp cpu, and also
upgrading my video card to, idon't know, i've got a biostar M7VIZ
motherboard...and just waiting till next year to get a competely new
setup...what do you guys think?
i appreciate the help/ideas!
thanks!
~joey~