Drivers For Vista - Sound Blaster Live! Digital Entertainment 5.1 (SE)

Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User

Re: Drivers For Vista - Sound Blaster Live! Digital Entertainment 5.1 (SE)
Creative are responsible for the drivers, and if they have your device under
the heading 'No development planned' then it is time to get a newer sound
card..

--

Mike Hall
MS MVP Windows Shell/User

=?Utf-8?B?Y3Jlcw==?=

Re: Drivers For Vista - Sound Blaster Live! Digital Entertainment
Hello Mike, Sorry but I think no body should to get a newer sound card if it
is working fine.
I think it is a Microsoft responsibility with his clients or users. Windows
XP can find and install his own drivers develloped by Microsoft. "Standar
drivers that work very well. Vista is newer operating system and Microsoft
have more eXPerience.

Excuses do not exist. To forgot your device that work with much quality, is
not a solution.

It is my opinion. I have a Sound Blaster Live! Gamer 5.1, and I only have
stereo sound compatibility on Windows Vista, not 5.1. WoW ! ! !

"Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User" wrote:

> Creative are responsible for the drivers, and if they have your device under
> the heading 'No development planned' then it is time to get a newer sound
> card..
>

> "Nick" <nichynes@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
> > hi
> >
> > i have a "Sound Blaster Live! Digital Entertainment 5.1 (SE)"
> >
> > it worked fine on XP Home, but i recently changed the operating system to
> > Vista Home Premium (32-bit) and i havn't yet been able to find a driver
> > for it
> >
> > I have looked up all over the internet and i don't think a driver has been
> > made
> > on the creative KB site
> > (http://www.ask.asia.creative.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=ww_english_add,U={B8F60310-DA4F-11D3-94F4-00500463020E},Company={CEAE216D-8719-4C00-AC9F-03BC258F7B70},d=1130251443648,VARSET=ws:http://au.creative.com,VARSET=ws:htt...com,case=14186)
> >
> > I think it might be under the "No Development Planned" category, if anyone
> > has or knows where a driver could be found please, your help would be much
> > appreciated.

> --
>

> Mike Hall
> MS MVP Windows Shell/User
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

Kirk

Re: Drivers For Vista - Sound Blaster Live! Digital Entertainment
Sorry cres. It IS the vendors responsibility to come up with the drivers
for their products. If MS were to do all the developement, as you seem to
think, then their OS software would be 10 times the price that it is now.
Granted it is painful to find you that you might have a piece of hardware
that there isn't going to be a driver developed to support a new OS, but
that's the price you pay for going to the new OS. If you don't want to pay
for hardware upgrades, then you'd better check with your hardware vendor
about support before you spend the $s on a new OS and THEN figure out you
don't have support. Besides, it's just planned obsolescence. How else do
you expect the vendors to make money if the continue to support their
products to the end of time?

Kirk

"cres" <cres@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello Mike, Sorry but I think no body should to get a newer sound card if
> it
> is working fine.
> I think it is a Microsoft responsibility with his clients or users.
> Windows
> XP can find and install his own drivers develloped by Microsoft. "Standar
> drivers that work very well. Vista is newer operating system and Microsoft
> have more eXPerience.
>
> Excuses do not exist. To forgot your device that work with much quality,
> is
> not a solution.
>
> It is my opinion. I have a Sound Blaster Live! Gamer 5.1, and I only
> have
> stereo sound compatibility on Windows Vista, not 5.1. WoW ! ! !
>
> "Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User" wrote:
>
>> Creative are responsible for the drivers, and if they have your device
>> under
>> the heading 'No development planned' then it is time to get a newer sound
>> card..
>>

>> "Nick" <nichynes@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
>> > hi
>> >
>> > i have a "Sound Blaster Live! Digital Entertainment 5.1 (SE)"
>> >
>> > it worked fine on XP Home, but i recently changed the operating system
>> > Vista Home Premium (32-bit) and i havn't yet been able to find a driver
>> > for it
>> >
>> > I have looked up all over the internet and i don't think a driver has
>> > been
>> > made
>> > on the creative KB site
>> > (http://www.ask.asia.creative.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=ww_english_add,U={B8F60310-DA4F-11D3-94F4-00500463020E},Company={CEAE216D-8719-4C00-AC9F-03BC258F7B70},d=1130251443648,VARSET=ws:http://au.creative.com,VARSET=ws:htt...com,case=14186)
>> >
>> > I think it might be under the "No Development Planned" category, if
>> > anyone
>> > has or knows where a driver could be found please, your help would be
>> > much
>> > appreciated.

>> --
>>

>> Mike Hall
>> MS MVP Windows Shell/User
>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

=?Utf-8?B?Y3Jlcw==?=

Re: Drivers For Vista - Sound Blaster Live! Digital Entertainment
Hello Kirk, I am in agreement with you, It IS the vendors responsibility to
come up with the drivers
for their products, but Microsoft have responsibility with his clients too.
Microsoft is the one who decides the rate of the updates and we, to the
force, must follow its rate, later or earlier. In addition, I think if
Microsoft could to include right drivers on Win XP, he perfectly could to
include on his new Windows Vista. In fact Windows Vista recognizes my very
old 3com external faxmodem 56k. Why? It is older than Blaster live 5.1. and
this device, the blaster live 5.1, is one of the most popular, extendeed
product of sound divices that it know. Much people will have problems. do you
will say them that They have to buy a new one for one drivers not work?
because Creative or Microsoft don't like people to continue with his sound
divice? To make matters worse, Microsoft develops a drivers for Sound blaster
live 5.1 that only work in stereo mode, why? It is incomplete! Sound Blaster
live is 5.1 too ! ! ! would not be better than it worked completely and
correctly? This is responsability of Microsoft, doing things right, complete!

Cres.

"Kirk" wrote:

> Sorry cres. It IS the vendors responsibility to come up with the drivers
> for their products. If MS were to do all the developement, as you seem to
> think, then their OS software would be 10 times the price that it is now.
> Granted it is painful to find you that you might have a piece of hardware
> that there isn't going to be a driver developed to support a new OS, but
> that's the price you pay for going to the new OS. If you don't want to pay
> for hardware upgrades, then you'd better check with your hardware vendor
> about support before you spend the $s on a new OS and THEN figure out you
> don't have support. Besides, it's just planned obsolescence. How else do
> you expect the vendors to make money if the continue to support their
> products to the end of time?
>
> Kirk
>
> "cres" <cres@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello Mike, Sorry but I think no body should to get a newer sound card if
> > it
> > is working fine.
> > I think it is a Microsoft responsibility with his clients or users.
> > Windows
> > XP can find and install his own drivers develloped by Microsoft. "Standar
> > drivers that work very well. Vista is newer operating system and Microsoft
> > have more eXPerience.
> >
> > Excuses do not exist. To forgot your device that work with much quality,
> > is
> > not a solution.
> >
> > It is my opinion. I have a Sound Blaster Live! Gamer 5.1, and I only
> > have
> > stereo sound compatibility on Windows Vista, not 5.1. WoW ! ! !
> >
> > "Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User" wrote:
> >
> >> Creative are responsible for the drivers, and if they have your device
> >> under
> >> the heading 'No development planned' then it is time to get a newer sound
> >> card..
> >>

> >> "Nick" <nichynes@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message

> >> --
> >>

> >> Mike Hall
> >> MS MVP Windows Shell/User
> >> http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

=?Utf-8?B?Y3Jlcw==?=

RE: Drivers For Vista - Sound Blaster Live! Digital Entertainment 5.1
Still you do not say good bye your Sound Blaster Live 5.1 ! ! !

I had been searching to many web pages and I found a big solution for our
devices:

Kx Project ! ! ! with Eugene Gavrilov, Lead Programmer and Coordinator.

They develop drivers for many Sound Blaster devices like Live 5.1. This
allows that "Live!" works on Windows Vista as 5.1 Sound: 5 speakers and
subwoofer.

I had tried them on Windows Vista and they works fine! I have already to
doing many test but it is wonderful!

Here are the links to download the Kx drivers:

At the moment, the last version is 3538m, and previous build is: 3538l
released (this is I tried it).

Link:
http://www.driverheaven.net/general-...-released.html

Sound Blaster compatibility list:

Link: http://kb.kxproject.lugosoft.com/list.html

kX Resources and Support Documentation:

Link:
http://www.driverheaven.net/kx-proje...mentation.html

I hope that it serves you as aid to all ! ! !

Good luck!