PVR150 not found after upgrade to Vista home premium

=?Utf-8?B?ZXJpaw==?=

PVR150 not found after upgrade to Vista home premium
I had MCE 2005 installed, and everything worked fine, including my Hauppauge
pvr150. Since I upgraded to Vista Home Premium (Dutch), Vista doesn't see my
pvr150. (Not a clean, fresh install, but pure upgrade)

If I force to install my card by choosing hardware -> add older, I see the
blue screen of death and I have to reboot in safe mode and disable the PVR.
Than I can boot again in normal modus.

None of the drivers seem to work..... hell of a job anyway to use hcwclear,
because you have to take ownership of each file to clean, and try again.....

My mobo is Asus P5VDC-MX with latest firmware, 1 GB of RAM and Radeon 9550
videocard....

Ant ideas anyone......... please??
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: PVR150 not found after upgrade to Vista home premium
Shut down PC. Physically remove PVR-150. Restart PC. Check that it
doesn't 'see' anything extra in Device Manager.

Shut down PC. Physically insert PVR-150. Restart PC. Does it now
miraculously see the card?

--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"erik" <erik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news7DF6667-985E-482F-87D0-14F75A2FBAD5@microsoft.com...
>I had MCE 2005 installed, and everything worked fine, including my
>Hauppauge
> pvr150. Since I upgraded to Vista Home Premium (Dutch), Vista doesn't see
> my
> pvr150. (Not a clean, fresh install, but pure upgrade)
>
> If I force to install my card by choosing hardware -> add older, I see the
> blue screen of death and I have to reboot in safe mode and disable the
> PVR.
> Than I can boot again in normal modus.
>
> None of the drivers seem to work..... hell of a job anyway to use
> hcwclear,
> because you have to take ownership of each file to clean, and try
> again.....
>
> My mobo is Asus P5VDC-MX with latest firmware, 1 GB of RAM and Radeon 9550
> videocard....
>

> Ant ideas anyone......... please??

=?Utf-8?B?ZXJpaw==?=

Re: PVR150 not found after upgrade to Vista home premium
AThanks for reacting.... No, that doesn't solve it... but.... I found out
that Vista doesn't see ANYTHING at all from PCI.... PCI cannot be detected in
Vista Home Premium. Doesn't matter what you put in PCI. Mobo assigns reserved
memory to PCI ( 40000000 - FFF7FFFF) which is not available.

Everything worked fine under XP Pro and XP MCE.

Maybe mobo issue? I cannot change the memoryrange for PCI... or does anyone
know how to?

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Shut down PC. Physically remove PVR-150. Restart PC. Check that it
> doesn't 'see' anything extra in Device Manager.
>
> Shut down PC. Physically insert PVR-150. Restart PC. Does it now
> miraculously see the card?
>

> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "erik" <erik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news7DF6667-985E-482F-87D0-14F75A2FBAD5@microsoft.com...
> >I had MCE 2005 installed, and everything worked fine, including my
> >Hauppauge
> > pvr150. Since I upgraded to Vista Home Premium (Dutch), Vista doesn't see
> > my
> > pvr150. (Not a clean, fresh install, but pure upgrade)
> >
> > If I force to install my card by choosing hardware -> add older, I see the
> > blue screen of death and I have to reboot in safe mode and disable the
> > PVR.
> > Than I can boot again in normal modus.
> >
> > None of the drivers seem to work..... hell of a job anyway to use
> > hcwclear,
> > because you have to take ownership of each file to clean, and try
> > again.....
> >
> > My mobo is Asus P5VDC-MX with latest firmware, 1 GB of RAM and Radeon 9550
> > videocard....
> >

> > Ant ideas anyone......... please??

Hugh Jass

Re: PVR150 not found after upgrade to Vista home premium
Don't know what to say, as I have the exact same card working perfectly in
Vista. Maybe try moving it to a different PCI slot if possible???

> AThanks for reacting.... No, that doesn't solve it... but.... I found
> out
> that Vista doesn't see ANYTHING at all from PCI.... PCI cannot be detected
> in
> Vista Home Premium. Doesn't matter what you put in PCI. Mobo assigns
> reserved
> memory to PCI ( 40000000 - FFF7FFFF) which is not available.
>
> Everything worked fine under XP Pro and XP MCE.
>
> Maybe mobo issue? I cannot change the memoryrange for PCI... or does
> anyone
> know how to?
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
>> Shut down PC. Physically remove PVR-150. Restart PC. Check that it
>> doesn't 'see' anything extra in Device Manager.
>>
>> Shut down PC. Physically insert PVR-150. Restart PC. Does it now
>> miraculously see the card?
>>

>> --
>> Cari (MS-MVP)
>> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>>
>> "erik" <erik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news7DF6667-985E-482F-87D0-14F75A2FBAD5@microsoft.com...
>> >I had MCE 2005 installed, and everything worked fine, including my
>> >Hauppauge
>> > pvr150. Since I upgraded to Vista Home Premium (Dutch), Vista doesn't
>> > see
>> > my
>> > pvr150. (Not a clean, fresh install, but pure upgrade)
>> >
>> > If I force to install my card by choosing hardware -> add older, I see
>> > the
>> > blue screen of death and I have to reboot in safe mode and disable the
>> > PVR.
>> > Than I can boot again in normal modus.
>> >
>> > None of the drivers seem to work..... hell of a job anyway to use
>> > hcwclear,
>> > because you have to take ownership of each file to clean, and try
>> > again.....
>> >
>> > My mobo is Asus P5VDC-MX with latest firmware, 1 GB of RAM and Radeon
>> > 9550
>> > videocard....
>> >

>> > Ant ideas anyone......... please??

Hugh Jass

Re: PVR150 not found after upgrade to Vista home premium
Also, do you have Nero 7 installed. I installed Nero 7 ans it hosed my media
center. Media center suddenly couldn't find the haupaugge card. Had to do a
clean install and all is well again.

"erik" <erik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> AThanks for reacting.... No, that doesn't solve it... but.... I found
> out
> that Vista doesn't see ANYTHING at all from PCI.... PCI cannot be detected
> in
> Vista Home Premium. Doesn't matter what you put in PCI. Mobo assigns
> reserved
> memory to PCI ( 40000000 - FFF7FFFF) which is not available.
>
> Everything worked fine under XP Pro and XP MCE.
>
> Maybe mobo issue? I cannot change the memoryrange for PCI... or does
> anyone
> know how to?
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
>> Shut down PC. Physically remove PVR-150. Restart PC. Check that it
>> doesn't 'see' anything extra in Device Manager.
>>
>> Shut down PC. Physically insert PVR-150. Restart PC. Does it now
>> miraculously see the card?
>>

>> --
>> Cari (MS-MVP)
>> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>>
>> "erik" <erik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news7DF6667-985E-482F-87D0-14F75A2FBAD5@microsoft.com...
>> >I had MCE 2005 installed, and everything worked fine, including my
>> >Hauppauge
>> > pvr150. Since I upgraded to Vista Home Premium (Dutch), Vista doesn't
>> > see
>> > my
>> > pvr150. (Not a clean, fresh install, but pure upgrade)
>> >
>> > If I force to install my card by choosing hardware -> add older, I see
>> > the
>> > blue screen of death and I have to reboot in safe mode and disable the
>> > PVR.
>> > Than I can boot again in normal modus.
>> >
>> > None of the drivers seem to work..... hell of a job anyway to use
>> > hcwclear,
>> > because you have to take ownership of each file to clean, and try
>> > again.....
>> >
>> > My mobo is Asus P5VDC-MX with latest firmware, 1 GB of RAM and Radeon
>> > 9550
>> > videocard....
>> >

>> > Ant ideas anyone......... please??

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: PVR150 not found after upgrade to Vista home premium
Does the website of your motherboard manufacturer have utilities software
package which you could try?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"erik" <erik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> AThanks for reacting.... No, that doesn't solve it... but.... I found
> out
> that Vista doesn't see ANYTHING at all from PCI.... PCI cannot be detected
> in
> Vista Home Premium. Doesn't matter what you put in PCI. Mobo assigns
> reserved
> memory to PCI ( 40000000 - FFF7FFFF) which is not available.
>
> Everything worked fine under XP Pro and XP MCE.
>
> Maybe mobo issue? I cannot change the memoryrange for PCI... or does
> anyone
> know how to?
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
>> Shut down PC. Physically remove PVR-150. Restart PC. Check that it
>> doesn't 'see' anything extra in Device Manager.
>>
>> Shut down PC. Physically insert PVR-150. Restart PC. Does it now
>> miraculously see the card?
>>

>> --
>> Cari (MS-MVP)
>> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>>
>> "erik" <erik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news7DF6667-985E-482F-87D0-14F75A2FBAD5@microsoft.com...
>> >I had MCE 2005 installed, and everything worked fine, including my
>> >Hauppauge
>> > pvr150. Since I upgraded to Vista Home Premium (Dutch), Vista doesn't
>> > see
>> > my
>> > pvr150. (Not a clean, fresh install, but pure upgrade)
>> >
>> > If I force to install my card by choosing hardware -> add older, I see
>> > the
>> > blue screen of death and I have to reboot in safe mode and disable the
>> > PVR.
>> > Than I can boot again in normal modus.
>> >
>> > None of the drivers seem to work..... hell of a job anyway to use
>> > hcwclear,
>> > because you have to take ownership of each file to clean, and try
>> > again.....
>> >
>> > My mobo is Asus P5VDC-MX with latest firmware, 1 GB of RAM and Radeon
>> > 9550
>> > videocard....
>> >

>> > Ant ideas anyone......... please??

=?Utf-8?B?ZXJpaw==?=

Re: PVR150 not found after upgrade to Vista home premium
lol back on the net agin...

Found out what the problem is.... it's a mobo issue..... Asus will provide
BIOS updates next month, so it has to be solved than..... kinda late, didn't
Asus have time to develop BIOS prior to the official release of Vista to make
their boards work with Vista???