LG 16x DVD Burner not working (HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4167B ATA)

=?Utf-8?B?SmVmZk8=?=

LG 16x DVD Burner not working (HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4167B ATA)
I have an LG 16x DVD Dual Layer Burner that works EXTREMELY SLOW 5% of the
times but most the time just freezes when burning. It can read ok, but
burning anhy sort of cd or dvd is pretty much a coaster. I checked the LG
website to see if there are any updates, but there was not for my model. I
contacted LG but they said there is nothing they can do, I'll have to pray
that microsoft releases a driver for it.

Reading over various forums and communities about hardware problems with
vista, I can see MANY of you are in the same boat. My computer is pretty top
of the line, and there is NO reason why I should have to buy a new dvd
burner. It is not 'old hardware' and was detected as fine on Microsoft's
hardware compatibility scan.

I know this is happening on many models/brands so my question is, has anyone
heard any information on when this will be addressed or found a solution.
It's already upsetting to see the rush and flaws in this version, its pretty
much the same as the past beta versions I have tried. I hope this is
addressed soon or im giving up on vista.
=?Utf-8?B?V2hpcGxhc2hJbmZvLnNl?=

RE: LG 16x DVD Burner not working (HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4167B ATA)
I just runned buing a brand new CD-ROM after experieced that Vista did found
my CD ROM (LG GSA-4040B), but gave me error message that the config info i
the register was either incompled or corrupt. So I bought a GSA-H42L. But the
same problem persisted. Buing a new CD-ROM didn't help me at all.

Tomas
--
WhiplashInfo.se helps injured and server ill persons (non profit).