LG L226WTQ monitor driver update

fortenbm333

LG L226WTQ monitor driver update
I updated my NVIDIA drivers for my SLI mode 8800GTX cards. That all worked
pretty well even thought I had to redownload from NVIDIA to get the control
panel to operate. However, now I'm getting prompted to update/install the
monitor driver from my LG L226WTQ LCD widescreen monitor. When I try to
update the driver, I get an error saying the update failed because access was
denied. I have tried this both as Administrator and my user account with
Administrator privileges. How do I enable this access ?

thanks
Michael
Michael Solomon

Re: LG L226WTQ monitor driver update

"fortenbm333" <fortenbm333@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I updated my NVIDIA drivers for my SLI mode 8800GTX cards. That all worked
> pretty well even thought I had to redownload from NVIDIA to get the
> control
> panel to operate. However, now I'm getting prompted to update/install the
> monitor driver from my LG L226WTQ LCD widescreen monitor. When I try to
> update the driver, I get an error saying the update failed because access
> was
> denied. I have tried this both as Administrator and my user account with
> Administrator privileges. How do I enable this access ?
>
> thanks
> Michael

Try temporarily turn off User Account Control to see if you can get it
installed. Open Control Panel, open User Accounts, click "Turn User Account
Control On or Off," turn it off and try again. Once complete, follow the
same procedure to turn it on. Sometimes UAC can interfere with such things
and it's simpler to temporarily turn it off.

--
Michael Solomon
Backup is a PC user's best friend

fortenbm333

Re: LG L226WTQ monitor driver update
Hi Michael,
Thanks for the reponse, however, it still did not work with user access
control turned off. I still get the access denied message when trying to
update the monitor driver.

> Hi Michael,
> Thanks for the reponse, however, it still did not work with user access
> control turned off. I still get the access denied message when trying to
> update the monitor driver.
>
> "Michael Solomon" wrote:
>

>> "fortenbm333" <fortenbm333@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I updated my NVIDIA drivers for my SLI mode 8800GTX cards. That all
>> >worked
>> > pretty well even thought I had to redownload from NVIDIA to get the
>> > control
>> > panel to operate. However, now I'm getting prompted to update/install
>> > the
>> > monitor driver from my LG L226WTQ LCD widescreen monitor. When I try to
>> > update the driver, I get an error saying the update failed because
>> > access
>> > was
>> > denied. I have tried this both as Administrator and my user account
>> > with
>> > Administrator privileges. How do I enable this access ?
>> >
>> > thanks
>> > Michael

>> Try temporarily turn off User Account Control to see if you can get it
>> installed. Open Control Panel, open User Accounts, click "Turn User
>> Account
>> Control On or Off," turn it off and try again. Once complete, follow the
>> same procedure to turn it on. Sometimes UAC can interfere with such
>> things
>> and it's simpler to temporarily turn it off.
>>
>> --
>> Michael Solomon
>> Backup is a PC user's best friend
>> DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/

You're welcome.

Let's try this if you haven't already done so. Manually download the
update. Once on your hard drive, right click the update and select run as
administrator.

If that was what you meant when you said you did this as an administrator, I
apologize but if not, give this a try.

If that fails, if you are using a third party firewall, try temporarily
turning it off. If you are using Norton Antivirus or McAfee antivirus, try
temporarily turning it off and trying the install as administrator as I just
mentioned.

--
Michael Solomon
Backup is a PC user's best friend
DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/

fortenbm333

Re: LG L226WTQ monitor driver update

I tried to download a file, but cannot find a place where such a file can be
found. The original CD for the monitor which 'successfully' installed when I
first got the monitor, only has an .icm file which says ICC profile in
description, plus a cat file which says security profile, plus an inf file.
Whether I try the update from device driver using CDROM or from search
available, I always get the failure. There does not appear to be a way to use
'run as ADMINISTRATOR' using this method, although when I ran as the
administrator account, I would have thought that was the same.

I've noticed email messages saying the driver is not really a driver, but I
get a periodic reminder now that tells me the driver needs to be installed or
updated. I have the option to shut the reminder off, but I'm not sure what is
the best path.

I'm using SLI mode 8800 GTX cards and have the latest NVIDIA drivers as
7.15.11.6222. It says all is fine but I get the driver has stopped responding
and has recovered messages.

> I tried to download a file, but cannot find a place where such a file can
> be
> found. The original CD for the monitor which 'successfully' installed when
> first got the monitor, only has an .icm file which says ICC profile in
> description, plus a cat file which says security profile, plus an inf
> file.
> Whether I try the update from device driver using CDROM or from search
> available, I always get the failure. There does not appear to be a way to
> use
> 'run as ADMINISTRATOR' using this method, although when I ran as the
> administrator account, I would have thought that was the same.
>
> I've noticed email messages saying the driver is not really a driver, but
> get a periodic reminder now that tells me the driver needs to be installed
> or
> updated. I have the option to shut the reminder off, but I'm not sure what
> is
> the best path.
>
> I'm using SLI mode 8800 GTX cards and have the latest NVIDIA drivers as
> 7.15.11.6222. It says all is fine but I get the driver has stopped
> responding
> and has recovered messages.
>
> "Michael Solomon" wrote:
>

>> "fortenbm333" <fortenbm333@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi Michael,
>> > Thanks for the reponse, however, it still did not work with user access
>> > control turned off. I still get the access denied message when trying
>> > update the monitor driver.

>> You're welcome.
>>
>> Let's try this if you haven't already done so. Manually download the
>> update. Once on your hard drive, right click the update and select run
>> as
>> administrator.
>>
>> If that was what you meant when you said you did this as an
>> administrator, I
>> apologize but if not, give this a try.
>>
>> If that fails, if you are using a third party firewall, try temporarily
>> turning it off. If you are using Norton Antivirus or McAfee antivirus,
>> try
>> temporarily turning it off and trying the install as administrator as I
>> just
>> mentioned.
>>
>> --
>> Michael Solomon
>> Backup is a PC user's best friend
>> DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/

It's usually an inf file and you would find any updates for it at the LG
website. If they have none, I'd contact nVidea about this issue.
Conversely, if you weren't having any issues at all before updating the
nVidea drivers, I'd roll it back to the previous version since you didn't
have this issue until updating your graphics card driver; Control Panel,
Device Manager, click the plus sign next to Display Adapter, select your
adapter, right click, select properties, go to the Driver tab, click Roll
Back Driver.

--
Michael Solomon
Backup is a PC user's best friend
DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/

liivar leppik

HP w2207 monitor driver update
liivar_leppik@hotmail.com

HP w2207 monitor driver update

Hi,

I have actually the same problem installing the HP w2207 monitor's driver in windows vista home premium (32 bit). I've tried everything you recommended (turned off the UAC, executed as administrator, turned also off norton internet securiy firewall) but I still get the same error message whether I install the drivers manually (by get disk command) from the CD or execute a programme downloaded from HP website.

It has taken me hours to try to fix this problem and I'm starting to second guess my choise to switch to windows vista

Any help would be really appreciated

Liivar

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
ssilberr@gmail.com

Re: HP w2207 monitor driver update
On 22 , 17:25, liivar leppik wrote:
> liivar_lep...@hotmail.com
>
> HP w2207 monitor driver update
>
> Hi,
>
> I have actually the same problem installing the HP w2207 monitor's driver in windows vista home premium (32 bit). I've tried everything you recommended (turned off the UAC, executed as administrator, turned also off norton internet securiy firewall) but I still get the same error message whether I install the drivers manually (by get disk command) from the CD or execute a programme downloaded from HP website.
>
> It has taken me hours to try to fix this problem and I'm starting to second guess my choise to switch to windows vista
>
> Any help would be really appreciated
>
> Liivar
>
> EggHeadCafe - .NET Developer Portal of Choicehttp://www.eggheadcafe.com

Hi all.
First of all sorry for my english.
I had the same problem with LG L226WTQ monitor.
I'd find way to fix it.
It was simply))
1. Uninstall monitor driver in Device Manager. For all stupid
questions the answer is YES ))
2. Uninstall display adapter driver in Device Manager. And delete
driver software ( you know the answer - YES :-) )
3. Reboot. (after my first rebooting i'd get black screen. i'd pressed
Restart hardware :-) button, and i'd load up windows in Safe mode. One
more restart and Vista loaded up normally)
4. Install NEW monitor driver such way:
- choose update driver from Personalize -> Display Settings ->
Advanced -> Monitor -> Properties
- choose Browse my computer... -> Let me pick... -> Have a disk
and browse for your downloaded driver .inf file
5. Install display adapter driver as usially
6. Enjoy :-)

P.S. fortenbm333 here you can dowload driver for your (our) monitor:
http://depositfiles.com/files/1560829

Michael Solomon

<ssilberr@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1187799721.080150.12500@q3g2000prf.googlegrou ps.com...
> On 22 , 17:25, liivar leppik wrote:
>> liivar_lep...@hotmail.com
>>
>> HP w2207 monitor driver update
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have actually the same problem installing the HP w2207 monitor's driver
>> in windows vista home premium (32 bit). I've tried everything you
>> recommended (turned off the UAC, executed as administrator, turned also
>> off norton internet securiy firewall) but I still get the same error
>> message whether I install the drivers manually (by get disk command) from
>> the CD or execute a programme downloaded from HP website.
>>
>> It has taken me hours to try to fix this problem and I'm starting to
>> second guess my choise to switch to windows vista
>>
>> Any help would be really appreciated
>>
>> Liivar
>>
>> EggHeadCafe - .NET Developer Portal of Choicehttp://www.eggheadcafe.com

> Hi all.
> First of all sorry for my english.
> I had the same problem with LG L226WTQ monitor.
> I'd find way to fix it.
> It was simply))
> 1. Uninstall monitor driver in Device Manager. For all stupid
> questions the answer is YES ))
> 2. Uninstall display adapter driver in Device Manager. And delete
> driver software ( you know the answer - YES :-) )
> 3. Reboot. (after my first rebooting i'd get black screen. i'd pressed
> Restart hardware :-) button, and i'd load up windows in Safe mode. One
> more restart and Vista loaded up normally)
> 4. Install NEW monitor driver such way:
> - choose update driver from Personalize -> Display Settings ->
> Advanced -> Monitor -> Properties
> - choose Browse my computer... -> Let me pick... -> Have a disk
> and browse for your downloaded driver .inf file
> 5. Install display adapter driver as usially
> 6. Enjoy :-)
>
> P.S. fortenbm333 here you can dowload driver for your (our) monitor:
> http://depositfiles.com/files/1560829

It should be remembered, if we're talking about the monitor's .inf file,
this is not a driver. It's primary purpose is to simply identify the
monitor as something other than "Generic PnP Monitor." But unless your
monitor has some special functions, aside from manual adjustments you can
make using the monitor's manual controls, what you see displayed is a
function of and controlled by your display adaptor.

--
Michael Solomon
Backup is a PC user's best friend
DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/

APTV

RE: LG L226WTQ monitor driver update
Hello,
I have the same problem with a LG 1900R monitor (access denied); did you
find any solution to solve this ?

Bests regards

Andre