Unknown USB Device

=?Utf-8?B?YWVyb2l0?=

Unknown USB Device
I have had problems with Home Premium edition not recognising some of my USB
devices, USB memory sticks and my Sandisk Sansa e260 in particular (which is
set to act as a mass storage device). I get the USB Device Unkown error

Having contacted Sandisk they informed me that I am missing the following
files

usbstore.inf
usbstore.sys

Whilst I can find similarly named files I can't find any information on
these two.

Regards,
Ian
Randor

Re: Unknown USB Device
Hi!

Try this update.

It works for me.

Bye

-----------------------------------

Update for Windows Vista (KB925528)

Installation date: ‎2007-‎02-‎16 18:38

Installation status: Successful

Update type: Recommended

This is a reliability update. Install this update to resolve reliability
issues with some USB hardware devices and controllers. After you install
this item, you may have to restart your computer.

More information:

More information:
http://support.microsoft.com

"aeroit" <aeroit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have had problems with Home Premium edition not recognising some of my
>USB
> devices, USB memory sticks and my Sandisk Sansa e260 in particular (which
> is
> set to act as a mass storage device). I get the USB Device Unkown error
>
> Having contacted Sandisk they informed me that I am missing the following
> files
>
> usbstore.inf
> usbstore.sys
>
> Whilst I can find similarly named files I can't find any information on
> these two.
>
> Regards,
> Ian

=?Utf-8?B?YWVyb2l0?=

Re: Unknown USB Device
Unfortunately it made no difference for me

"Randor" wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Try this update.
>
> It works for me.
>
> Bye
>
> -----------------------------------
>
> Update for Windows Vista (KB925528)
>
> Installation date: ‎2007-‎02-‎16 18:38
>
> Installation status: Successful
>
> Update type: Recommended
>
> This is a reliability update. Install this update to resolve reliability
> issues with some USB hardware devices and controllers. After you install
> this item, you may have to restart your computer.
>
> More information:
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=80396
>
> More information:
> http://support.microsoft.com
>

> "aeroit" <aeroit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have had problems with Home Premium edition not recognising some of my
> >USB
> > devices, USB memory sticks and my Sandisk Sansa e260 in particular (which
> > is
> > set to act as a mass storage device). I get the USB Device Unkown error
> >
> > Having contacted Sandisk they informed me that I am missing the following
> > files
> >
> > usbstore.inf
> > usbstore.sys
> >
> > Whilst I can find similarly named files I can't find any information on
> > these two.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Ian

=?Utf-8?B?ZGpybQ==?=

Re: Unknown USB Device
Click "Locate and install drivers software (recommended)" then "I dont have
the disc show me other options" then "Browse my computer for driver software
(advanced)" Chose the location "C:\Windows" and make sure the "include
subfolders" is ticked. BINGO

Works with all hardware (well it should do)

"aeroit" wrote:

> Unfortunately it made no difference for me
>
> "Randor" wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > Try this update.
> >
> > It works for me.
> >
> > Bye
> >
> > -----------------------------------
> >
> > Update for Windows Vista (KB925528)
> >
> > Installation date: ‎2007-‎02-‎16 18:38
> >
> > Installation status: Successful
> >
> > Update type: Recommended
> >
> > This is a reliability update. Install this update to resolve reliability
> > issues with some USB hardware devices and controllers. After you install
> > this item, you may have to restart your computer.
> >
> > More information:
> > http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=80396
> >
> > More information:
> > http://support.microsoft.com
> >

> > "aeroit" <aeroit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I have had problems with Home Premium edition not recognising some of my
> > >USB
> > > devices, USB memory sticks and my Sandisk Sansa e260 in particular (which
> > > is
> > > set to act as a mass storage device). I get the USB Device Unkown error
> > >
> > > Having contacted Sandisk they informed me that I am missing the following
> > > files
> > >
> > > usbstore.inf
> > > usbstore.sys
> > >
> > > Whilst I can find similarly named files I can't find any information on
> > > these two.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Ian

=?Utf-8?B?YWVyb2l0?=

Re: Unknown USB Device
Great stuff, now working, many thanks

"djrm" wrote:

> Click "Locate and install drivers software (recommended)" then "I dont have
> the disc show me other options" then "Browse my computer for driver software
> (advanced)" Chose the location "C:\Windows" and make sure the "include
> subfolders" is ticked. BINGO
>
> Works with all hardware (well it should do)
>
> "aeroit" wrote:
>
> > Unfortunately it made no difference for me
> >
> > "Randor" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > Try this update.
> > >
> > > It works for me.
> > >
> > > Bye
> > >
> > > -----------------------------------
> > >
> > > Update for Windows Vista (KB925528)
> > >
> > > Installation date: ‎2007-‎02-‎16 18:38
> > >
> > > Installation status: Successful
> > >
> > > Update type: Recommended
> > >
> > > This is a reliability update. Install this update to resolve reliability
> > > issues with some USB hardware devices and controllers. After you install
> > > this item, you may have to restart your computer.
> > >
> > > More information:
> > > http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=80396
> > >
> > > More information:
> > > http://support.microsoft.com

Kevin C

Re: Unknown USB Device
Have had the exact same problem, found this thread and it worked for me too
!!! :-)

You would think that Vista would be clever enough to search c:\Windows
itself... wouldn't you...????

"djrm" <djrm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Click "Locate and install drivers software (recommended)" then "I dont
> have
> the disc show me other options" then "Browse my computer for driver
> software
> (advanced)" Chose the location "C:\Windows" and make sure the "include
> subfolders" is ticked. BINGO
>
> Works with all hardware (well it should do)
>
> "aeroit" wrote:
>
>> Unfortunately it made no difference for me
>>
>> "Randor" wrote:
>>
>> > Hi!
>> >
>> > Try this update.
>> >
>> > It works for me.
>> >
>> > Bye
>> >
>> > -----------------------------------
>> >
>> > Update for Windows Vista (KB925528)
>> >
>> > Installation date: ‎2007-‎02-‎16 18:38
>> >
>> > Installation status: Successful
>> >
>> > Update type: Recommended
>> >
>> > This is a reliability update. Install this update to resolve
>> > reliability
>> > issues with some USB hardware devices and controllers. After you
>> > install
>> > this item, you may have to restart your computer.
>> >
>> > More information:
>> > http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=80396
>> >
>> > More information:
>> > http://support.microsoft.com

=?Utf-8?B?ZnVuYm95Mw==?=

Re: Unknown USB Device
Not for me sadly. Used the download and searched in c:\windows. Just keep
getting parameter incorrect code 28. All worked fine wiht XP

"Kevin C" wrote:

> Have had the exact same problem, found this thread and it worked for me too
> !!! :-)
>
> You would think that Vista would be clever enough to search c:\Windows
> itself... wouldn't you...????
>
> "djrm" <djrm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Click "Locate and install drivers software (recommended)" then "I dont
> > have
> > the disc show me other options" then "Browse my computer for driver
> > software
> > (advanced)" Chose the location "C:\Windows" and make sure the "include
> > subfolders" is ticked. BINGO
> >
> > Works with all hardware (well it should do)
> >
> > "aeroit" wrote:
> >
> >> Unfortunately it made no difference for me

VirtualGhost

Re: Unknown USB Device
Yes! Have Vista look in the"C:\Windows" folder! It may be stubborn, but
have it re-install the driver for the "Unknown Device". I had to repeat
until Vista woke up and realized it wasn't a "Generic Volume" at all! It
installs as a "Microsoft WPD...something-or-other" and then renames to the
correct player name.

"djrm" wrote:

> Click "Locate and install drivers software (recommended)" then "I dont have
> the disc show me other options" then "Browse my computer for driver software
> (advanced)" Chose the location "C:\Windows" and make sure the "include
> subfolders" is ticked. BINGO
>
> Works with all hardware (well it should do)
>
> "aeroit" wrote:
>
> > Unfortunately it made no difference for me
> >
> > "Randor" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > Try this update.
> > >
> > > It works for me.
> > >
> > > Bye
> > >
> > > -----------------------------------
> > >
> > > Update for Windows Vista (KB925528)
> > >
> > > Installation date: ‎2007-‎02-‎16 18:38
> > >
> > > Installation status: Successful
> > >
> > > Update type: Recommended
> > >
> > > This is a reliability update. Install this update to resolve reliability
> > > issues with some USB hardware devices and controllers. After you install
> > > this item, you may have to restart your computer.
> > >
> > > More information:
> > > http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=80396
> > >
> > > More information:
> > > http://support.microsoft.com

clueless

Re: Unknown USB Device

"Randor" wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Try this update.
>
> It works for me.
>
> Bye
>
> -----------------------------------
>
> Update for Windows Vista (KB925528)
>
> Installation date: ‎2007-‎02-‎16 18:38
>
> Installation status: Successful
>
> Update type: Recommended
>
> This is a reliability update. Install this update to resolve reliability
> issues with some USB hardware devices and controllers. After you install
> this item, you may have to restart your computer.
>
> More information:
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=80396
>
> More information:
> http://support.microsoft.com
>

> "aeroit" <aeroit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have had problems with Home Premium edition not recognising some of my
> >USB
> > devices, USB memory sticks and my Sandisk Sansa e260 in particular (which
> > is
> > set to act as a mass storage device). I get the USB Device Unkown error
> >
> > Having contacted Sandisk they informed me that I am missing the following
> > files
> >
> > usbstore.inf
> > usbstore.sys
> >
> > Whilst I can find similarly named files I can't find any information on
> > these two.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Ian

> how do i install and unknown device on window vista

cause i tried to install my webcam it says uninstalled usb port or it has
failed
what do i do
Luba

Re: Unknown USB Device
Hi All,

I have the same problem, all my USB Devices are detected as Unknown Devices,
I've tried searching the drivers in C;\Windows but I get a message saying the
Drivers for Unknown Device are up to date. I've been struggling for over a
week now, did a couple of fresh installations still no luck. Please help.