Mouse settings reset to default every time

=?Utf-8?B?ZGtzd2Vuc29u?=

Mouse settings reset to default every time
Hi! I changed my mouse settings to switch the "right-click" and "left-click"
buttons (as if for left-handed) - but every time I log out, restart,
<anything>... it changes itself back to the default. How do I make this
setting permanent?
=?Utf-8?B?bWFyay5n?=

RE: Mouse settings reset to default every time
I'm having a similar problem. Are you using a Logitech mouse?

"dkswenson" wrote:

> Hi! I changed my mouse settings to switch the "right-click" and "left-click"
> buttons (as if for left-handed) - but every time I log out, restart,
> <anything>... it changes itself back to the default. How do I make this
> setting permanent?

=?Utf-8?B?ZGtzd2Vuc29u?=

RE: Mouse settings reset to default every time
Yes, it is a Logitech - actually a wireless track-ball.

"mark.g" wrote:

> I'm having a similar problem. Are you using a Logitech mouse?
>
> "dkswenson" wrote:
>
> > Hi! I changed my mouse settings to switch the "right-click" and "left-click"
> > buttons (as if for left-handed) - but every time I log out, restart,
> > <anything>... it changes itself back to the default. How do I make this
> > setting permanent?

=?Utf-8?B?bWFyay5n?=

RE: Mouse settings reset to default every time
I've seen a number of other postings about this issue. Most seem to involve
people using a Logitech pointing device. I removed Logitech's Setpoint
program from my start up programs, and afterwards the problem was solved.
However, without running the Setpoint program, one does not have full
funtionality of the wireless mouse and keyboard. Since I just bought my
wireless keyboard and mouse, I'm thinking of returning them and getting a
microsoft product, which should not have such issues with Vista. Let me know
if you find another solution.

"dkswenson" wrote:

> Yes, it is a Logitech - actually a wireless track-ball.
>
> "mark.g" wrote:
>
> > I'm having a similar problem. Are you using a Logitech mouse?
> >
> > "dkswenson" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi! I changed my mouse settings to switch the "right-click" and "left-click"
> > > buttons (as if for left-handed) - but every time I log out, restart,
> > > <anything>... it changes itself back to the default. How do I make this
> > > setting permanent?

=?Utf-8?B?ZGtzd2Vuc29u?=

RE: Mouse settings reset to default every time
Even removing all Logitech software did not fix my problem. Restarting or
logging off / then logging on always resets the mouse to the default
settings. My work-around is to avoid logging off or restarting - I just
"hibernate" when I'm not active on the computer. This seems the only way to
avoid resetting the mouse buttons.

"mark.g" wrote:

> I've seen a number of other postings about this issue. Most seem to involve
> people using a Logitech pointing device. I removed Logitech's Setpoint
> program from my start up programs, and afterwards the problem was solved.
> However, without running the Setpoint program, one does not have full
> funtionality of the wireless mouse and keyboard. Since I just bought my
> wireless keyboard and mouse, I'm thinking of returning them and getting a
> microsoft product, which should not have such issues with Vista. Let me know
> if you find another solution.
>
> "dkswenson" wrote:
>
> > Yes, it is a Logitech - actually a wireless track-ball.
> >
> > "mark.g" wrote:
> >
> > > I'm having a similar problem. Are you using a Logitech mouse?

=?Utf-8?B?bWFyay5n?=

RE: Mouse settings reset to default every time
hmmmm. This would make it seem like a Vista, as opposed to a Logitech
problem. Have you sought help from Microsoft?

"dkswenson" wrote:

> Even removing all Logitech software did not fix my problem. Restarting or
> logging off / then logging on always resets the mouse to the default
> settings. My work-around is to avoid logging off or restarting - I just
> "hibernate" when I'm not active on the computer. This seems the only way to
> avoid resetting the mouse buttons.
>
> "mark.g" wrote:
>
> > I've seen a number of other postings about this issue. Most seem to involve
> > people using a Logitech pointing device. I removed Logitech's Setpoint
> > program from my start up programs, and afterwards the problem was solved.
> > However, without running the Setpoint program, one does not have full
> > funtionality of the wireless mouse and keyboard. Since I just bought my
> > wireless keyboard and mouse, I'm thinking of returning them and getting a
> > microsoft product, which should not have such issues with Vista. Let me know
> > if you find another solution.
> >
> > "dkswenson" wrote:
> >
> > > Yes, it is a Logitech - actually a wireless track-ball.

=?Utf-8?B?bWFyay5n?=

RE: Mouse settings reset to default every time
I initially had the same problem when I removed all my Logitech software.
But you can fix the problem by typing "msconfig" in the search bar at the
bottom of the start menu. That will bring up the systems configuration
dialog box. Go to the "start up" tab and deselect all remaining Logitech
items (for some reason, some remain even after uninstalling the program).
After applying the change (to deselect the Logitech items), the problem will
be fixed on all subsequent reboots. I returned the Logitech desktop and
bought the Microsoft Laser Desktop 6000 (59.99 with rebate from Tiger Direct
or J&R Music). Good luck.

"dkswenson" wrote:

> Even removing all Logitech software did not fix my problem. Restarting or
> logging off / then logging on always resets the mouse to the default
> settings. My work-around is to avoid logging off or restarting - I just
> "hibernate" when I'm not active on the computer. This seems the only way to
> avoid resetting the mouse buttons.
>
> "mark.g" wrote:
>
> > I've seen a number of other postings about this issue. Most seem to involve
> > people using a Logitech pointing device. I removed Logitech's Setpoint
> > program from my start up programs, and afterwards the problem was solved.
> > However, without running the Setpoint program, one does not have full
> > funtionality of the wireless mouse and keyboard. Since I just bought my
> > wireless keyboard and mouse, I'm thinking of returning them and getting a
> > microsoft product, which should not have such issues with Vista. Let me know
> > if you find another solution.
> >
> > "dkswenson" wrote:
> >
> > > Yes, it is a Logitech - actually a wireless track-ball.

BD14

Re: Mouse settings reset to default every time

what if i were to just find the file that is trying to load and delete
it?? or would this screw up the comp.?

--
BD14
BD14's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=32161

http://forums.techarena.in

peterjan53

Re: Mouse settings reset to default every time

to baseball2525 or someone else :-)

I encounter the same problem dkswenson (starter of thread)
I have Vista Home Premium +logitech mouse but cannot find in msconfig
the entry khalmnpr; maybe you have another solution?
thx

--
peterjan53
peterjan53's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=38034
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=687965

http://forums.techarena.in

Old Dude

peterjan53;3402588 Wrote:
> to baseball2525 or someone else :-)
>
> I encounter the same problem dkswenson (starter of thread)
> I have Vista Home Premium +logitech mouse but cannot find in msconfig
> the entry khalmnpr; maybe you have another solution?
> thx

Go to hardware setting and disable the HID mouse and fix the SitPoint
that way I did and it worked for me!
The Vista edition will automatically install it if you have a key board
with mouse setup!
“I have Vista Ultimate and it does work”

--
Old Dude
Old Dude's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/156949.htm

http://forums.techarena.in