Bluetooth

Ken

Bluetooth
IS anyone aware of a bluetooth dongle that will work in Vista? My D-Link
DBT 120 B4 does not have driver that works.

Chris Werner

Re: Bluetooth
The Bluetooth dongle that came with my Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer works
just fine.

Chris Werner

"Ken" <kfanta@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> IS anyone aware of a bluetooth dongle that will work in Vista? My D-Link
> DBT 120 B4 does not have driver that works.

Diamontina Cocktail

Re: Bluetooth

"Ken" <kfanta@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> IS anyone aware of a bluetooth dongle that will work in Vista? My D-Link
> DBT 120 B4 does not have driver that works.

Same trouble for me with a DBT-122. System Properties finds it but Bluetooth
wont.

Donald McDaniel

Re: Bluetooth
"Chris Werner" <chris400@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> The Bluetooth dongle that came with my Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer works
> just fine.
>
> Chris Werner
>

> "Ken" <kfanta@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> IS anyone aware of a bluetooth dongle that will work in Vista? My D-Link
>> DBT 120 B4 does not have driver that works.

That's really strange: The Bluetooth Dongle which came with my Microsoft
Bluetooth Desktop Elite does not work at all.

Apparently, the metal sheathing around the connector is simply too thin, and
won't provide a proper connection.

I got so frustrated by it that I threw the darn thing in the trash, and bought
a Logitech MX5000 Laser Desktop. It works just fine, and NEVER needs to be
re-connected. The keyboard and mouse are just there when I need them.
However, my motherboard does not recognize the dongle on boot, so I keep my
Dell wired keyboard around just in case I have to enter the BIOS setup
program.

So much for Microsoft keyboards and mice. I used to swear by them, but after
using my Logitech desk set, I have a single word to say about purchasing
Microsoft keyboards and mice:
DON'T!!!

--
Donald L McDaniel
Please reply to the original newsgroup and thread.

Chris Werner

Re: Bluetooth
Did you download the Bluetooth Vista driver?

Chris

> Did you download the Bluetooth Vista driver?
>
> Chris
>
> "Donald McDaniel" <orthocross@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>> "Chris Werner" <chris400@pacbell.net> wrote in message
>>> The Bluetooth dongle that came with my Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer
>>> works just fine.
>>>
>>> Chris Werner
>>>

>>> "Ken" <kfanta@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>>>

>> That's really strange: The Bluetooth Dongle which came with my Microsoft
>> Bluetooth Desktop Elite does not work at all.
>>
>> Apparently, the metal sheathing around the connector is simply too thin,
>> and won't provide a proper connection.
>>
>> I got so frustrated by it that I threw the darn thing in the trash, and
>> bought a Logitech MX5000 Laser Desktop. It works just fine, and NEVER
>> needs to be re-connected. The keyboard and mouse are just there when I
>> need them. However, my motherboard does not recognize the dongle on boot,
>> so I keep my Dell wired keyboard around just in case I have to enter the
>> BIOS setup program.
>>
>> So much for Microsoft keyboards and mice. I used to swear by them, but
>> after using my Logitech desk set, I have a single word to say about
>> purchasing Microsoft keyboards and mice:
>> DON'T!!!
>>
>> --
>> Donald L McDaniel
>> Please reply to the original newsgroup and thread.

What do you think?
Of course I did.

Again, DON'T purchase Microsoft Bluetooth sets.