Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

mat****a dvd-ram stopped working/ windows vista

microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 08-17-2007
thunderthighs76
 

Posts: n/a
mat****a dvd-ram stopped working/ windows vista
hi, out there!!! i can't seem to find a solution to this problem here is the
exact error message that it says in the device manager scrn (Windows cannot
start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the
registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19). i tried to flash the bios and
also tried to use the sys recovery option that restores the sys to factory
default w/ out using a backup disc but nothing seem to be working. oh! i
also tried doing regedit but still nothing. someone please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 08-17-2007
Peter Foldes
 

Posts: n/a
Re: mat****a dvd-ram stopped working/ windows vista
http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;314060

--
Peter

Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.

"thunderthighs76" <thunderthighs76@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9D2E1221-7C60-47ED-9FB7-15D468F070D6@microsoft.com...
> hi, out there!!! i can't seem to find a solution to this problem here is the
> exact error message that it says in the device manager scrn (Windows cannot
> start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the
> registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19). i tried to flash the bios and
> also tried to use the sys recovery option that restores the sys to factory
> default w/ out using a backup disc but nothing seem to be working. oh! i
> also tried doing regedit but still nothing. someone please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 08-19-2007
Eleonore
 

Posts: n/a
Re: mat****a dvd-ram stopped working/ windows vista
Hi, I have a similar problem and get error 39, I have tried to restore the
comuter to restor points, it would not let me do it,'some error occured,
restore was not completed'. I have tried all the "tips" on upgrading the
drives, finding a solution to the problem, etc, it always brought me back to
the error 39 message. I looked and printed off the instructions from the web
link you gave, but I am afraid to try messing with this, that I might mess up
my system. I have Windows Vista and until yesterday my internal CD-Rom worked
perfectly. When I stopped burning cds and wanted to logg off, for some reason
it took a very long time; I tired shutting down with the main power button,
that didn't work, so I unplugged the computer to shut it off; after about an
hour I restarted it, all was fine, but my drive E was gone; I then tried
using my external drive J, also not there, when I looked in "My Computer". I
ran a diognostic test on the computer and it says "device driver is
corrupted" for both the internal and external drives. Is there any other
remedy?

"Peter Foldes" wrote:

> http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;314060
>
> --
> Peter
>
> Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
> Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.
>
> "thunderthighs76" <thunderthighs76@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9D2E1221-7C60-47ED-9FB7-15D468F070D6@microsoft.com...
> > hi, out there!!! i can't seem to find a solution to this problem here is the
> > exact error message that it says in the device manager scrn (Windows cannot
> > start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the
> > registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19). i tried to flash the bios and
> > also tried to use the sys recovery option that restores the sys to factory
> > default w/ out using a backup disc but nothing seem to be working. oh! i
> > also tried doing regedit but still nothing. someone please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 08-19-2007
Cal Bear '66
 

Posts: n/a
Re: mat****a dvd-ram stopped working/ windows vista
You should make a backup of the registry before you do this fix or have a
computer knowledgeable friend do it for you, but this seems the only resolution
to the error 39 problem.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929461/en-us

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!


"Eleonore" <Eleonore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:B3451D84-A82C-43F9-BC47-E656AA2AB45E@microsoft.com...
> Hi, I have a similar problem and get error 39, I have tried to restore the
> comuter to restor points, it would not let me do it,'some error occured,
> restore was not completed'. I have tried all the "tips" on upgrading the
> drives, finding a solution to the problem, etc, it always brought me back to
> the error 39 message. I looked and printed off the instructions from the web
> link you gave, but I am afraid to try messing with this, that I might mess up
> my system. I have Windows Vista and until yesterday my internal CD-Rom worked
> perfectly. When I stopped burning cds and wanted to logg off, for some reason
> it took a very long time; I tired shutting down with the main power button,
> that didn't work, so I unplugged the computer to shut it off; after about an
> hour I restarted it, all was fine, but my drive E was gone; I then tried
> using my external drive J, also not there, when I looked in "My Computer". I
> ran a diognostic test on the computer and it says "device driver is
> corrupted" for both the internal and external drives. Is there any other
> remedy?
>
> "Peter Foldes" wrote:
>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;314060
>>
>> --
>> Peter
>>
>> Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
>> Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.
>>
>> "thunderthighs76" <thunderthighs76@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:9D2E1221-7C60-47ED-9FB7-15D468F070D6@microsoft.com...
>> > hi, out there!!! i can't seem to find a solution to this problem here is
>> > the
>> > exact error message that it says in the device manager scrn (Windows cannot
>> > start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the
>> > registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19). i tried to flash the bios
>> > and
>> > also tried to use the sys recovery option that restores the sys to factory
>> > default w/ out using a backup disc but nothing seem to be working. oh! i
>> > also tried doing regedit but still nothing. someone please
>> > help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>>



Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 07-11-2008
pikkujuha80
 

Posts: n/a
Re: mat****a dvd-ram stopped working/ windows vista

This worked for me: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060

Vista 64 Business/Hp Compaq 6715s


--
pikkujuha80
------------------------------------------------------------------------
pikkujuha80's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?u=52897
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=802565

http://forums.techarena.in

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vista - Matshita DVD-RAM UJ-850S ATA Device =?Utf-8?B?R2F6?= microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 18 07-02-2009 11:51
(Vista) Toshiba - Matshita DVD-ram problem. KatieMun microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 4 12-03-2007 15:46




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 19:08.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120