Canon LIDE 25 TWAIN Problems

spencertaylor@gmail.com

Canon LIDE 25 TWAIN Problems
Hi Everyone;

I hope someone can help me out. I have a Canon LIDE 25 scanner that I
am trying to get to work with Vista.
Canon has Vista 32-bit drivers posted on their website. I tried
installing these drivers and the Canoscan software, but I am getting
error messages.

Firstly, the scanner is not showing as listed in the Canoscan
application - where you select what scanner you have.

Secondly, I keep getting a "TWAIN" error. I believe it says "no TWAIN
source detected.

I though I had everything installed right. There is a "WIA" driver
from Canon that doesn't seem to install at all.
I did have the scanner running for a while, the first time I
installed
it, but ever since I rebooted it gives me the two errors above.

I hope that someone here has also installed a newer Canon scanner and
has worked this problem out.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Canon LIDE 25 TWAIN Problems
With Canon scanners, you MUST install the software before the device is
connected. Disconnect the scanner, download and run the Uninstall utility
from Canon's website.... now follow their instructions and install the
software.... then connect the scanner when the software asks you to do so.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

<spencertaylor@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1171915618.456871.178160@t69g2000cwt.googlegr oups.com...
> Hi Everyone;
>
> I hope someone can help me out. I have a Canon LIDE 25 scanner that I
> am trying to get to work with Vista.
> Canon has Vista 32-bit drivers posted on their website. I tried
> installing these drivers and the Canoscan software, but I am getting
> error messages.
>

> Firstly, the scanner is not showing as listed in the Canoscan
> application - where you select what scanner you have.
>

> Secondly, I keep getting a "TWAIN" error. I believe it says "no TWAIN
> source detected.
>

> I though I had everything installed right. There is a "WIA" driver
> from Canon that doesn't seem to install at all.
> I did have the scanner running for a while, the first time I
> installed
> it, but ever since I rebooted it gives me the two errors above.
>

> I hope that someone here has also installed a newer Canon scanner and
> has worked this problem out.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>

> Thanks!

spencertaylor@gmail.com

Re: Canon LIDE 25 TWAIN Problems
On Feb 19, 9:51 pm, "Cari \(MS-MVP\)" <NewsGro...@coribright.com>
wrote:
> With Canon scanners, you MUST install the software before the device is
> connected. Disconnect the scanner, download and run the Uninstall utility
> from Canon's website.... now follow their instructions and install the
> software.... then connect the scanner when the software asks you to do so.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Windows Technologies - Printing & Imaginghttp://www.coribright.com/windows
>
> <spencertay...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> news:1171915618.456871.178160@t69g2000cwt.googlegr oups.com...
>

> > Hi Everyone;

> > I hope someone can help me out. I have a Canon LIDE 25 scanner that I
> > am trying to get to work with Vista.
> > Canon has Vista 32-bit drivers posted on their website. I tried
> > installing these drivers and the Canoscan software, but I am getting
> > error messages.

> > Firstly, the scanner is not showing as listed in the Canoscan
> > application - where you select what scanner you have.

> > Secondly, I keep getting a "TWAIN" error. I believe it says "no TWAIN
> > source detected.

> > I though I had everything installed right. There is a "WIA" driver
> > from Canon that doesn't seem to install at all.
> > I did have the scanner running for a while, the first time I
> > installed
> > it, but ever since I rebooted it gives me the two errors above.

> > I hope that someone here has also installed a newer Canon scanner and
> > has worked this problem out.
> > Any help would be greatly appreciated.

> > Thanks!- Hide quoted text -

Thanks will try. It was working last night, actually, but not through
CanoScan.

Jonathan Yaniv

Re: Canon LIDE 25 TWAIN Problems
Hello,

You will have to contact Canon Customer Service regarding this problem, as
this is a Canon issue.

--

Have a nice day,

Jonathan Yaniv
Microsoft Windows LiveT Butterfly Expert

Visit the ButterflySays Blog at
http://spaces.msn.com/ButterflySays/

<spencertaylor@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1171915618.456871.178160@t69g2000cwt.googlegr oups.com...
> Hi Everyone;
>
> I hope someone can help me out. I have a Canon LIDE 25 scanner that I
> am trying to get to work with Vista.
> Canon has Vista 32-bit drivers posted on their website. I tried
> installing these drivers and the Canoscan software, but I am getting
> error messages.
>

> Firstly, the scanner is not showing as listed in the Canoscan
> application - where you select what scanner you have.
>

> Secondly, I keep getting a "TWAIN" error. I believe it says "no TWAIN
> source detected.
>

> I though I had everything installed right. There is a "WIA" driver
> from Canon that doesn't seem to install at all.
> I did have the scanner running for a while, the first time I
> installed
> it, but ever since I rebooted it gives me the two errors above.
>

> I hope that someone here has also installed a newer Canon scanner and
> has worked this problem out.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>

> Thanks!

Walrux

Re: Canon LIDE 25 TWAIN Problems

I am replying to a very old thread regarding getting LIDE 25 to work
with Vista:

If your LIDE 25 does not scan correctly or executes an error code
2,7,0:

1. Download and install the latest TWAIN drivers from Canon.
2. Update the driver via DEVICE MANAGER.
3. Make sure your LIDE 25 scanner is connected to a PC USB port and not
a hub. For some reason Scangear executes a code 2,7,0 error if the
scanner is on a hub.

*When all else fails, read the manual! It could save you from buying a
new scanner.

--
Walrux
Walrux's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/116763.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

FLE

Re: Canon LIDE 25 TWAIN Problems

It is my understanding after research that some older printers or
scanners do not work with Vista. Oddly from my undersanding it happens
alot with older Canon products. I understand that the products are
supposed to be "backward compatible" but saldy they are not. It is also
my understanding that the main fault is with in the usb connection. This
problem that is occuring with your machine is common for older printers
and scanners. I have also had the exact same problem with a Canon all in
one machine. Just like you I installed the programs and everything
worked fine. Then one day I rebooted my tower and bam the all in one
machine would not work. The only diffrence was that my error caused the
blue screen of death everytime I tried to access the machine. Have you
tried to hook the scanner up to another machine to make sure that the
scanner is still working? Also have you tried to dual boot your machine?
Also have you tried to run the software scanner program in compatibility
mode? In the time I will do some more research on the prob and will post
my findings here for ya. Also I know this is a last option but that
scanner is kinda old did you think of buying a new scanner? From my
understainding the scanner runs off of usb 1.1 and for some odd reason
Vista does not like that, why 1.1 IDK the scanner was made well after
usb 2 hit the market and that made no logical reason why Canon would use
outdated usb 1.1 for the transfer.

--
FLE

GSR-GSS-ALWAYS OUT FRONT
Wonderman

Re: Canon LIDE 25 TWAIN Problems
I have this scanner and have run it it Vista 32 and 64. You can only run
one of the two drivers. TWAIN or WIA but not both. I use it in Acrobat pro
just fine and I can even invoke the native format quite nicely for added
features and options.

IE - TWAIN for Acrobat and WIA for FAX & Scan but not both.