Is this news group selective

Carl G

Is this news group selective
Hi all
I am begenning to think these newsgroups are selective on whose post gets
posted.
I have posted at least 6 messages now that never show up on these groups.
There are copys in my sent items folder,but never get posted.
Are there other people with this problem or is it MY machine.
Wouldn't doubt it is my machine,I don't have any rites to do anything else
,so maybe I don't have rites to post messages either.
Thanks

--
Carl G

Richard Urban

Re: Is this news group selective
I see posts from you going back to 2/6

--

Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from George Ankner:

"Carl G" <cgerving@msnDOTcom> wrote in message
> Hi all
> I am begenning to think these newsgroups are selective on whose post gets
> posted.
> I have posted at least 6 messages now that never show up on these groups.
> There are copys in my sent items folder,but never get posted.
> Are there other people with this problem or is it MY machine.
> Wouldn't doubt it is my machine,I don't have any rites to do anything else
> ,so maybe I don't have rites to post messages either.
> Thanks
>
> --
> Carl G

Carl G

Re: Is this news group selective
HI Richard
I see some of my posts but not all show up .It saves a copy in my sent items
folder,but never get this far.
Must be my machine I guess.
Thanks

--
Carl G

>I see posts from you going back to 2/6
>

> --
>

> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> Quote from George Ankner:
>

> "Carl G" <cgerving@msnDOTcom> wrote in message
>> Hi all
>> I am begenning to think these newsgroups are selective on whose post gets
>> posted.
>> I have posted at least 6 messages now that never show up on these groups.
>> There are copys in my sent items folder,but never get posted.
>> Are there other people with this problem or is it MY machine.
>> Wouldn't doubt it is my machine,I don't have any rites to do anything
>> else ,so maybe I don't have rites to post messages either.
>> Thanks
>>
>> --
>> Carl G

JW

Re: Is this news group selective
I guess that Carl expected them to autiomtically show up as soon as he
posted them instead after a possible delay of several minutes or more and
after exiting from and thenlogging back into the newsgroup.

>I see posts from you going back to 2/6
>

> --
>

> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> Quote from George Ankner:
>

> "Carl G" <cgerving@msnDOTcom> wrote in message
>> Hi all
>> I am begenning to think these newsgroups are selective on whose post gets
>> posted.
>> I have posted at least 6 messages now that never show up on these groups.
>> There are copys in my sent items folder,but never get posted.
>> Are there other people with this problem or is it MY machine.
>> Wouldn't doubt it is my machine,I don't have any rites to do anything
>> else ,so maybe I don't have rites to post messages either.
>> Thanks
>>
>> --
>> Carl G

Imageman

Re: Is this news group selective
Carl - What news server are you on? The normal ISP's like Comcast, Earthlink
and so on are poor IMHO. I switched to GigaNews years ago, and they have
been excellent, with HUGE retention. I hope I don't sound like a salesman,
but GN is tops! - IM

--

. . . Email replies welcome, and appreciated ! Nostradamus 1550
> HI Richard
> I see some of my posts but not all show up .It saves a copy in my sent
> items folder,but never get this far.
> Must be my machine I guess.
> Thanks
>
> --
> Carl G

>>I see posts from you going back to 2/6
>>

>> --
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Richard Urban
>> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> Quote from George Ankner:
>>

>> "Carl G" <cgerving@msnDOTcom> wrote in message
>>> Hi all
>>> I am begenning to think these newsgroups are selective on whose post
>>> gets posted.
>>> I have posted at least 6 messages now that never show up on these
>>> groups.
>>> There are copys in my sent items folder,but never get posted.
>>> Are there other people with this problem or is it MY machine.
>>> Wouldn't doubt it is my machine,I don't have any rites to do anything
>>> else ,so maybe I don't have rites to post messages either.
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> --
>>> Carl G

Carl G

Re: Is this news group selective
How about waiteing a couple days and not showing up.

--
Carl G

"JW" <nospam@no.spam> wrote in message
>I guess that Carl expected them to autiomtically show up as soon as he
>posted them instead after a possible delay of several minutes or more and
>after exiting from and thenlogging back into the newsgroup.

>>I see posts from you going back to 2/6
>>

>> --
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Richard Urban
>> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> Quote from George Ankner:
>>

>> "Carl G" <cgerving@msnDOTcom> wrote in message
>>> Hi all
>>> I am begenning to think these newsgroups are selective on whose post
>>> gets posted.
>>> I have posted at least 6 messages now that never show up on these
>>> groups.
>>> There are copys in my sent items folder,but never get posted.
>>> Are there other people with this problem or is it MY machine.
>>> Wouldn't doubt it is my machine,I don't have any rites to do anything
>>> else ,so maybe I don't have rites to post messages either.
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> --
>>> Carl G

pvdg42

> How about waiteing a couple days and not showing up.

Are you posting to these groups through your ISP's news server groups, or
have you established an account directly with:

msnews.microsoft.com

Although my ISP's news server carries many of the microsoft.public groups,
I've found that an account set up with msnews.microsoft.com gets me better
reliability and coverage.

Carl G

Re: Is this news group selective
My acount info says msnews.microsoft.com as the news server.

--
Carl G

"Imageman" <IM@old.net> wrote in message
news:0JCdnafRTbrCV0TYnZ2dnUVZ_qqdnZ2d@giganews.com ...
> Carl - What news server are you on? The normal ISP's like Comcast,
> Earthlink and so on are poor IMHO. I switched to GigaNews years ago, and
> they have been excellent, with HUGE retention. I hope I don't sound like a
> salesman, but GN is tops! - IM
>
> --
>

> . . . Email replies welcome, and appreciated ! Nostradamus 1550
> "Carl G" <cgerving@msnDOTcom> wrote in message
>> HI Richard
>> I see some of my posts but not all show up .It saves a copy in my sent
>> items folder,but never get this far.
>> Must be my machine I guess.
>> Thanks
>>
>> --
>> Carl G
>>
>> "Richard Urban" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>I see posts from you going back to 2/6
>>>

>>> --
>>>

>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Richard Urban
>>> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>>> (For email, remove the obvious from my address)
>>>
>>> Quote from George Ankner:
>>> If you knew as much as you think you know,
>>> You would realize that you don't know what you thought you knew!

Carl G

Re: Is this news group selective
using msnews.microsoft.com

--
Carl G

"pvdg42" <pvdg42@newsgroups.nospam> wrote in message

> "Carl G" <cgerving@msnDOTcom> wrote in message
>> How about waiteing a couple days and not showing up.
>>

> Are you posting to these groups through your ISP's news server groups, or
> have you established an account directly with:
>
> msnews.microsoft.com
>
> Although my ISP's news server carries many of the microsoft.public groups,
> I've found that an account set up with msnews.microsoft.com gets me better
> reliability and coverage.

Carl G

Re: Is this news group selective
I just looked in my sent folder and the first message I looked at was sent
on 2/16/07 , and has not been posted yet.
Don't know what the problem could be.