Vista doesn't support Toshiba Laptops

=?Utf-8?B?TlVLWg==?=

Vista doesn't support Toshiba Laptops
My experience with has being 2 say the least appalling. First off I vista
won't install correct MSN tech support had no clue, just said re-install it,
which I had tried about 10 times before calling them.. so the gave up..
monkeys..
I finally installed vista from help via online form about vista beta 1.
Which involved deleting 2 .sys files.. What amaze me this wasn't fix in final
release which is shocking to say the least.

del c:\windows\system32\drivers\pcmcia.sys
and c:\windows\system32\driverstore\filerepository\pcm cia.inf_1234a123 via
the command prompt..

and it's only got better since. Visual Studio 2003 & 2005 doesn't work
correctly in vista which just the tip of Iceberg photoshop CS 2 cropping
doesn't work.. and best 1 is windows media player now whilst running other
apps minimized hangs windows completely when changing a song.. This is best
OS from Microsoft yet.. lol. I've never experience such instability in RTM
OS.. it feels so fragile to use beyond web browsing. You'd have be idiot to
deploy this @ work, I'd be fired.. I'll use vista again after SP 1 for now
it's just a shine new toy, not 4 serious work. BEWARE OF VISTA give it
another year of testing... by everyone else then it might be ok... Vista the
poor man's MAC OS X..

emanon

Re: Vista doesn't support Toshiba Laptops

"NUKZ" <NUKZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My experience with has being 2 say the least appalling. First off I vista
> won't install correct MSN tech support had no clue, just said re-install
> it,
> which I had tried about 10 times before calling them.. so the gave up..
> monkeys..
> I finally installed vista from help via online form about vista beta 1.
> Which involved deleting 2 .sys files.. What amaze me this wasn't fix in
> final
> release which is shocking to say the least.
>
> del c:\windows\system32\drivers\pcmcia.sys
> and c:\windows\system32\driverstore\filerepository\pcm cia.inf_1234a123
> via
> the command prompt..
>
> and it's only got better since. Visual Studio 2003 & 2005 doesn't work
> correctly in vista which just the tip of Iceberg photoshop CS 2 cropping
> doesn't work.. and best 1 is windows media player now whilst running other
> apps minimized hangs windows completely when changing a song.. This is
> best
> OS from Microsoft yet.. lol. I've never experience such instability in RTM
> OS.. it feels so fragile to use beyond web browsing. You'd have be idiot
> deploy this @ work, I'd be fired.. I'll use vista again after SP 1 for now
> it's just a shine new toy, not 4 serious work. BEWARE OF VISTA give it
> another year of testing... by everyone else then it might be ok... Vista
> the
> poor man's MAC OS X..

Cha-Ching! Hear the cash register ring!

Big time ringing if you gotta get a new laptop. That seems to be the answer
to all of Vistas problems: you need new stuff.

Kinda makes you wonder: What was broken in XP that needed fixing? Not that I
think XP is the Be All and End All of operating systems. But at least it ran
all my old hardware which is more than I can say for Vista! Imagine yourself
with a brand new computer, less that two months old. It came with XP and the
promise of a Vista upgrade. Then imagine your surprise when you run the
Vista Readiness Checker, or whatever Bill calls it, and you find over a
dozen reasons listed why your computer *may* not be able to run Vista, most
consisting of essentials like onboard USB connections and other things built
onto the mainboard! Am I going to even try this rigged game? No way!

Yeah, NUKZ, you got my sympathy . . . and Bill's got your money.

Bill Thomas

Re: Vista doesn't support Toshiba Laptops
What toshiba laptop are you using? I am using a Toshiba P35 and it runs
Vista Home Premium just fine with the exception of aero because the
ATI Radeon mobility 9000 chip is not supported. I knew that going into
it. It also ran the beta versions of vista with no problems.

I had one work app that would not run in vista beta, that is now
supported. That was Express Digital Darkroom. I had no problems running
Photoshop CS 2 and cropping worked fine on my machine. If you need to
use the machine for work, then find out if your apps are supported yet.

Vista a poor man's os x? MS did steal some ideas from Apple, but that's
the way the business goes..... I smell a troll here.....

"Bill Thomas" <jowille@adelphia.net> wrote in message
news:zqidnQPC851VIkTYnZ2dnUVZ_hGdnZ2d@adelphia.com ...
> What toshiba laptop are you using? I am using a Toshiba P35 and it runs
> Vista Home Premium just fine with the exception of aero because the ATI
> Radeon mobility 9000 chip is not supported. I knew that going into it.
> It also ran the beta versions of vista with no problems.
>
> I had one work app that would not run in vista beta, that is now
> supported. That was Express Digital Darkroom. I had no problems running
> Photoshop CS 2 and cropping worked fine on my machine. If you need to use
> the machine for work, then find out if your apps are supported yet.
>
> Vista a poor man's os x? MS did steal some ideas from Apple, but that's
> the way the business goes..... I smell a troll here.....

Nothing "Poor Person" about it if you got to keep shelling out for new
hardware and apps. The only positive thing is Vista make no exception on its
requirements because of the user's sex. Vista is being pushed because it
requires so much new stuff to run. Everybody, except the end user, benefits.

Cha-Ching! Hear the cash register ring!

> emanon wrote:
>> "NUKZ" <NUKZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> My experience with has being 2 say the least appalling. First off I
>>> vista
>>> won't install correct MSN tech support had no clue, just said re-install
>>> it,
>>> which I had tried about 10 times before calling them.. so the gave up..
>>> monkeys..
>>> I finally installed vista from help via online form about vista beta 1.
>>> Which involved deleting 2 .sys files.. What amaze me this wasn't fix in
>>> final
>>> release which is shocking to say the least.
>>>
>>> del c:\windows\system32\drivers\pcmcia.sys
>>> and c:\windows\system32\driverstore\filerepository\pcm cia.inf_1234a123
>>> via
>>> the command prompt..
>>>
>>> and it's only got better since. Visual Studio 2003 & 2005 doesn't work
>>> correctly in vista which just the tip of Iceberg photoshop CS 2 cropping
>>> doesn't work.. and best 1 is windows media player now whilst running
>>> other
>>> apps minimized hangs windows completely when changing a song.. This is
>>> best
>>> OS from Microsoft yet.. lol. I've never experience such instability in
>>> RTM
>>> OS.. it feels so fragile to use beyond web browsing. You'd have be idiot
>>> deploy this @ work, I'd be fired.. I'll use vista again after SP 1 for
>>> now
>>> it's just a shine new toy, not 4 serious work. BEWARE OF VISTA give it
>>> another year of testing... by everyone else then it might be ok... Vista
>>> the
>>> poor man's MAC OS X..
>>>

>> Cha-Ching! Hear the cash register ring!
>>
>> Big time ringing if you gotta get a new laptop. That seems to be the
>> answer to all of Vistas problems: you need new stuff.
>>
>> Kinda makes you wonder: What was broken in XP that needed fixing? Not
>> that I think XP is the Be All and End All of operating systems. But at
>> least it ran all my old hardware which is more than I can say for Vista!
>> Imagine yourself with a brand new computer, less that two months old. It
>> came with XP and the promise of a Vista upgrade. Then imagine your
>> surprise when you run the Vista Readiness Checker, or whatever Bill calls
>> it, and you find over a dozen reasons listed why your computer *may* not
>> be able to run Vista, most consisting of essentials like onboard USB
>> connections and other things built onto the mainboard! Am I going to even
>> try this rigged game? No way!
>>
>> Yeah, NUKZ, you got my sympathy . . . and Bill's got your money.

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Vista doesn't support Toshiba Laptops
Running Vista very happily here on my P105-9312

All the drivers are at www.vistadl.toshiba.com

--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"NUKZ" <NUKZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My experience with has being 2 say the least appalling. First off I vista
> won't install correct MSN tech support had no clue, just said re-install
> it,
> which I had tried about 10 times before calling them.. so the gave up..
> monkeys..
> I finally installed vista from help via online form about vista beta 1.
> Which involved deleting 2 .sys files.. What amaze me this wasn't fix in
> final
> release which is shocking to say the least.
>
> del c:\windows\system32\drivers\pcmcia.sys
> and c:\windows\system32\driverstore\filerepository\pcm cia.inf_1234a123
> via
> the command prompt..
>
> and it's only got better since. Visual Studio 2003 & 2005 doesn't work
> correctly in vista which just the tip of Iceberg photoshop CS 2 cropping
> doesn't work.. and best 1 is windows media player now whilst running other
> apps minimized hangs windows completely when changing a song.. This is
> best
> OS from Microsoft yet.. lol. I've never experience such instability in RTM
> OS.. it feels so fragile to use beyond web browsing. You'd have be idiot
> deploy this @ work, I'd be fired.. I'll use vista again after SP 1 for now
> it's just a shine new toy, not 4 serious work. BEWARE OF VISTA give it
> another year of testing... by everyone else then it might be ok... Vista
> the
> poor man's MAC OS X..

StevenW

Re: Vista doesn't support Toshiba Laptops
My Toshiba P105 6014 is running Vista just fine. Toshiba now has all the
Vista updated drivers on there support site. At least for my model.

"NUKZ" <NUKZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My experience with has being 2 say the least appalling. First off I vista
> won't install correct MSN tech support had no clue, just said re-install
> it,
> which I had tried about 10 times before calling them.. so the gave up..
> monkeys..
> I finally installed vista from help via online form about vista beta 1.
> Which involved deleting 2 .sys files.. What amaze me this wasn't fix in
> final
> release which is shocking to say the least.
>
> del c:\windows\system32\drivers\pcmcia.sys
> and c:\windows\system32\driverstore\filerepository\pcm cia.inf_1234a123
> via
> the command prompt..
>
> and it's only got better since. Visual Studio 2003 & 2005 doesn't work
> correctly in vista which just the tip of Iceberg photoshop CS 2 cropping
> doesn't work.. and best 1 is windows media player now whilst running other
> apps minimized hangs windows completely when changing a song.. This is
> best
> OS from Microsoft yet.. lol. I've never experience such instability in RTM
> OS.. it feels so fragile to use beyond web browsing. You'd have be idiot
> deploy this @ work, I'd be fired.. I'll use vista again after SP 1 for now
> it's just a shine new toy, not 4 serious work. BEWARE OF VISTA give it
> another year of testing... by everyone else then it might be ok... Vista
> the
> poor man's MAC OS X..

Bill Thomas

Re: Vista doesn't support Toshiba Laptops
don't like vista..... crank up the cash register and go buy a mac!
Cha-Ching!!!!! or linux.....

Why does it work well for lots of others but not you..... bye-bye whiny
boy...... troll-bait!

emanon wrote:
> "Bill Thomas" <jowille@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> news:zqidnQPC851VIkTYnZ2dnUVZ_hGdnZ2d@adelphia.com ...
>> What toshiba laptop are you using? I am using a Toshiba P35 and it runs
>> Vista Home Premium just fine with the exception of aero because the ATI
>> Radeon mobility 9000 chip is not supported. I knew that going into it.
>> It also ran the beta versions of vista with no problems.
>>
>> I had one work app that would not run in vista beta, that is now
>> supported. That was Express Digital Darkroom. I had no problems running
>> Photoshop CS 2 and cropping worked fine on my machine. If you need to use
>> the machine for work, then find out if your apps are supported yet.
>>
>> Vista a poor man's os x? MS did steal some ideas from Apple, but that's
>> the way the business goes..... I smell a troll here.....

> Nothing "Poor Person" about it if you got to keep shelling out for new
> hardware and apps. The only positive thing is Vista make no exception on its
> requirements because of the user's sex. Vista is being pushed because it
> requires so much new stuff to run. Everybody, except the end user, benefits.
>
> Cha-Ching! Hear the cash register ring!
>
>> emanon wrote:
>>> "NUKZ" <NUKZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>>> Cha-Ching! Hear the cash register ring!
>>>
>>> Big time ringing if you gotta get a new laptop. That seems to be the
>>> answer to all of Vistas problems: you need new stuff.
>>>
>>> Kinda makes you wonder: What was broken in XP that needed fixing? Not
>>> that I think XP is the Be All and End All of operating systems. But at
>>> least it ran all my old hardware which is more than I can say for Vista!
>>> Imagine yourself with a brand new computer, less that two months old. It
>>> came with XP and the promise of a Vista upgrade. Then imagine your
>>> surprise when you run the Vista Readiness Checker, or whatever Bill calls
>>> it, and you find over a dozen reasons listed why your computer *may* not
>>> be able to run Vista, most consisting of essentials like onboard USB
>>> connections and other things built onto the mainboard! Am I going to even
>>> try this rigged game? No way!
>>>
>>> Yeah, NUKZ, you got my sympathy . . . and Bill's got your money.

Donald McDaniel

Re: Vista doesn't support Toshiba Laptops
"NUKZ" <NUKZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My experience with has being 2 say the least appalling. First off I vista
> won't install correct MSN tech support had no clue, just said re-install it,
> which I had tried about 10 times before calling them.. so the gave up..
> monkeys..
> I finally installed vista from help via online form about vista beta 1.
> Which involved deleting 2 .sys files.. What amaze me this wasn't fix in
> final
> release which is shocking to say the least.
>
> del c:\windows\system32\drivers\pcmcia.sys
> and c:\windows\system32\driverstore\filerepository\pcm cia.inf_1234a123 via
> the command prompt..
>
> and it's only got better since. Visual Studio 2003 & 2005 doesn't work
> correctly in vista which just the tip of Iceberg photoshop CS 2 cropping
> doesn't work.. and best 1 is windows media player now whilst running other
> apps minimized hangs windows completely when changing a song.. This is best
> OS from Microsoft yet.. lol. I've never experience such instability in RTM
> OS.. it feels so fragile to use beyond web browsing. You'd have be idiot to
> deploy this @ work, I'd be fired.. I'll use vista again after SP 1 for now
> it's just a shine new toy, not 4 serious work. BEWARE OF VISTA give it
> another year of testing... by everyone else then it might be ok... Vista the
> poor man's MAC OS X..

Actually, since Microsoft writes software for computers which support it, one
should say "Toshiba doesn't support Vista on some of its laptops."

--
Donald L McDaniel
Please reply to the original newsgroup and thread.

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Re: Vista doesn't support Toshiba Laptops
I have a Toshiba Tecra S1 and Vista Ultimate has run fine for about 3 months
as well as several Beta builds before that..
I do not have Aero, but that is minor on the laptop.

Some computers may not run Vista.

As for upgrading at work or anywhere for that matter.
Windows XP will be supported for several more years.
A new operating system is not a good enough reason by itself to upgrade and
never has been.
You should never upgrade hardware or software unless you expect some
benefit.
This applies to all types of products, not just computers.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"NUKZ" <NUKZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My experience with has being 2 say the least appalling. First off I vista
> won't install correct MSN tech support had no clue, just said re-install
> it,
> which I had tried about 10 times before calling them.. so the gave up..
> monkeys..
> I finally installed vista from help via online form about vista beta 1.
> Which involved deleting 2 .sys files.. What amaze me this wasn't fix in
> final
> release which is shocking to say the least.
>
> del c:\windows\system32\drivers\pcmcia.sys
> and c:\windows\system32\driverstore\filerepository\pcm cia.inf_1234a123
> via
> the command prompt..
>
> and it's only got better since. Visual Studio 2003 & 2005 doesn't work
> correctly in vista which just the tip of Iceberg photoshop CS 2 cropping
> doesn't work.. and best 1 is windows media player now whilst running other
> apps minimized hangs windows completely when changing a song.. This is
> best
> OS from Microsoft yet.. lol. I've never experience such instability in RTM
> OS.. it feels so fragile to use beyond web browsing. You'd have be idiot
> deploy this @ work, I'd be fired.. I'll use vista again after SP 1 for now
> it's just a shine new toy, not 4 serious work. BEWARE OF VISTA give it
> another year of testing... by everyone else then it might be ok... Vista
> the
> poor man's MAC OS X.

Steve Jain

Re: Vista doesn't support Toshiba Laptops
On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 10:49:02 -0500, "emanon" <emanon@erehwon.com>
wrote:

>"Bill Thomas" <jowille@adelphia.net> wrote in message
>news:zqidnQPC851VIkTYnZ2dnUVZ_hGdnZ2d@adelphia.co m...
>> What toshiba laptop are you using? I am using a Toshiba P35 and it runs
>> Vista Home Premium just fine with the exception of aero because the ATI
>> Radeon mobility 9000 chip is not supported. I knew that going into it.
>> It also ran the beta versions of vista with no problems.
>>
>> I had one work app that would not run in vista beta, that is now
>> supported. That was Express Digital Darkroom. I had no problems running
>> Photoshop CS 2 and cropping worked fine on my machine. If you need to use
>> the machine for work, then find out if your apps are supported yet.
>>
>> Vista a poor man's os x? MS did steal some ideas from Apple, but that's
>> the way the business goes..... I smell a troll here.....

>Nothing "Poor Person" about it if you got to keep shelling out for new
>hardware and apps. The only positive thing is Vista make no exception on its
>requirements because of the user's sex. Vista is being pushed because it
>requires so much new stuff to run. Everybody, except the end user, benefits.
>
>Cha-Ching! Hear the cash register ring!

As I recall, Apple charges for each major update to OS X.

--
Cheers,
Steve Jain, Virtual Machine MVP