Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II (26xxx)

=?Utf-8?B?TW91c2UgaW4gQ2FsaWZvcm5pYQ==?=

Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II (26xxx)
I have this Tuner Card in a Gateway 832GM. Under XP MCE it worked perfectly.
Vista sees the card and installs drivers for it, but MC does not see the
tuner. I've even plugged my Angel USB Tuner in and have the same results. I'm
fairly positive that this is a MC issue and not a Vista issue. Is there a way
to roll back Media Center?
Simon Patten

Re: Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II (26xxx)
On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 22:04:03 -0800, Mouse in California <Mouse in
California@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I have this Tuner Card in a Gateway 832GM. Under XP MCE it worked perfectly.
> Vista sees the card and installs drivers for it, but MC does not see the
> tuner. I've even plugged my Angel USB Tuner in and have the same results. I'm
> fairly positive that this is a MC issue and not a Vista issue. Is there a way
> to roll back Media Center?

So you installed Vista yourself, it didn't come pre-installed?

OK, chances are it's a driver issue as Hauppauge had a few problems
with Vista compatibility at first. Get the latest driver from
http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/suppo...rt_pvr150.html (don't
worry about the WinTV2000 app unless you really want to run it) and
follow the instructions for using HCWCLEAR.EXE to remove the old
version first.

That should sort you out.
Simon.
=?Utf-8?B?V2lsbA==?=

RE: Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II (26xxx)
http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/suppo...rt_pvr150.html

If you get their Wintv2000 application (check around in above Url ) it
should tide you over till there is answer to Mce. Might be source for fix to
your problem as well.
You might find Wintv2000 better than Mce, I do, though it doesn't show
guide.

"Mouse in California" wrote:

> I have this Tuner Card in a Gateway 832GM. Under XP MCE it worked perfectly.
> Vista sees the card and installs drivers for it, but MC does not see the
> tuner. I've even plugged my Angel USB Tuner in and have the same results. I'm
> fairly positive that this is a MC issue and not a Vista issue. Is there a way
> to roll back Media Center?

=?Utf-8?B?TW91c2UgaW4gQ2FsaWZvcm5pYQ==?=

RE: Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II (26xxx)
Unfortunately I use MC as a Tivo-type solution for programs that run while
I'm working. WinTV doesn't appear to allow this since you can't use a guide
with it. Thank you for the post though.

"Simon Patten" wrote:

> On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 22:04:03 -0800, Mouse in California <Mouse in
> California@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > I have this Tuner Card in a Gateway 832GM. Under XP MCE it worked perfectly.
> > Vista sees the card and installs drivers for it, but MC does not see the
> > tuner. I've even plugged my Angel USB Tuner in and have the same results. I'm
> > fairly positive that this is a MC issue and not a Vista issue. Is there a way
> > to roll back Media Center?

> So you installed Vista yourself, it didn't come pre-installed?
>
> OK, chances are it's a driver issue as Hauppauge had a few problems
> with Vista compatibility at first. Get the latest driver from
> http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/suppo...rt_pvr150.html (don't
> worry about the WinTV2000 app unless you really want to run it) and
> follow the instructions for using HCWCLEAR.EXE to remove the old
> version first.
>
> That should sort you out.
> Simon.

I have already gone through this proceedure. This is a problem with MC not
the drivers. I've attempted two different tuners and the same issue shows up
in MC. Vista sees the hardware properly but MC does not see it.

Thanks for the post in any case.
Keith

Re: Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II (26xxx)
Use GB-PVR if you need a TV Guide. I could never get WinTV to work with my
Satellite setup, but GB-PVR worked flawlessly on Vista X64.

"Mouse in California" <MouseinCalifornia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:A98E34AE-61E4-4693-B1D3-3A854504A6AD@microsoft.com...
> Unfortunately I use MC as a Tivo-type solution for programs that run while
> I'm working. WinTV doesn't appear to allow this since you can't use a
> guide
> with it. Thank you for the post though.
>
> "Will" wrote:
>
>> http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/suppo...rt_pvr150.html
>>
>> If you get their Wintv2000 application (check around in above Url ) it
>> should tide you over till there is answer to Mce. Might be source for fix
>> your problem as well.
>> You might find Wintv2000 better than Mce, I do, though it doesn't show
>> guide.
>>
>> "Mouse in California" wrote:
>>
>> > I have this Tuner Card in a Gateway 832GM. Under XP MCE it worked
>> > perfectly.
>> > Vista sees the card and installs drivers for it, but MC does not see
>> > the
>> > tuner. I've even plugged my Angel USB Tuner in and have the same
>> > results. I'm
>> > fairly positive that this is a MC issue and not a Vista issue. Is there
>> > a way
>> > to roll back Media Center?

=?Utf-8?B?TW91c2UgaW4gQ2FsaWZvcm5pYQ==?=

Re: Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II (26xxx)
Thanks Keith! This appears to work perfectly. WinTV was problematic at best
(not to mention not having the guide for future recording). GB-PVR was a bit
more extensive to setup, but works almost exactly like WMC.

Mouse

"Keith" wrote:

> Use GB-PVR if you need a TV Guide. I could never get WinTV to work with my
> Satellite setup, but GB-PVR worked flawlessly on Vista X64.
>
> "Mouse in California" <MouseinCalifornia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:A98E34AE-61E4-4693-B1D3-3A854504A6AD@microsoft.com...
> > Unfortunately I use MC as a Tivo-type solution for programs that run while
> > I'm working. WinTV doesn't appear to allow this since you can't use a
> > guide
> > with it. Thank you for the post though.
> >
> > "Will" wrote:
> >
> >> http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/suppo...rt_pvr150.html
> >>
> >> If you get their Wintv2000 application (check around in above Url ) it
> >> should tide you over till there is answer to Mce. Might be source for fix
> >> your problem as well.
> >> You might find Wintv2000 better than Mce, I do, though it doesn't show
> >> guide.

Hugh Jass

Re: Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II (26xxx)
Do you have Nero 7 installed? I installed Nero 7 and it hosed my relation
between Vista MCE and my haupagge card. Eneded up doing a clean install of
vista, and not it happily co-operates with my Win TV PVR 150.

"Mouse in California" <Mouse in California@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:A1C0D86E-DD48-4599-BD0A-8F3E0E6AD1AC@microsoft.com...
>I have this Tuner Card in a Gateway 832GM. Under XP MCE it worked
>perfectly.
> Vista sees the card and installs drivers for it, but MC does not see the
> tuner. I've even plugged my Angel USB Tuner in and have the same results.
> I'm
> fairly positive that this is a MC issue and not a Vista issue. Is there a
> way
> to roll back Media Center?

Bytesback

Keith;192463 Wrote:
> Use GB-PVR if you need a TV Guide. I could never get WinTV to work with
> my
> Satellite setup, but GB-PVR worked flawlessly on Vista X64.
>
> "

Thanks Keith, nice tip

--
Bytesback