Acer Aspire 5100 mousepad

Michael Mastro

Acer Aspire 5100 mousepad
Anyone know where I can get drivers that allow the mousepad to work on an
Acer Aspire Laptop. The ones that come with Vista and the ones that Acer
have posted don't allow it to work.

Thanks

Kerry Brown

Re: Acer Aspire 5100 mousepad
Acer has released a couple of Vista update packages for the 5100. I haven't
tried them yet so use them at your own risk. Personally I disable the
touchpad most of the time as I find it overly sensitive. It interferes with
my typing.

http://support.acer-euro.com/drivers...k/as_5100.html

--
Kerry Brown
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User

"Michael Mastro" <MikeRM2XXX@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> Anyone know where I can get drivers that allow the mousepad to work on an
> Acer Aspire Laptop. The ones that come with Vista and the ones that Acer
> have posted don't allow it to work.
>

> Thanks

Michael Mastro

Re: Acer Aspire 5100 mousepad
Thanks, not really what I wanted to hear, since the ones that were tried
from Acer didn't work. Plus they have been giving us the run around. Oh
well.

> Acer has released a couple of Vista update packages for the 5100. I
> haven't tried them yet so use them at your own risk. Personally I disable
> the touchpad most of the time as I find it overly sensitive. It interferes
> with my typing.
>
> http://support.acer-euro.com/drivers...k/as_5100.html
>
> --
> Kerry Brown
> Microsoft MVP - Shell/User
> http://www.vistahelp.ca
>

> "Michael Mastro" <MikeRM2XXX@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
>> Anyone know where I can get drivers that allow the mousepad to work on an
>> Acer Aspire Laptop. The ones that come with Vista and the ones that Acer
>> have posted don't allow it to work.
>>

>> Thanks

Kerry Brown

Re: Acer Aspire 5100 mousepad
What you didn't want to hear that Acer has released a comprehensive Vista
update package for your notebook or that I don't like the touchpad? I have
the same problem with it in XP. I have this problem with touchpads in
general. I almost always disable them on any notebook I am using. The
touchpad on my notebook works fine in Vista with the built in Vista driver
or the Synaptics driver. I haven't tried the Acer update package yet.