Voice Modem that works with Vista

DanR

Voice Modem that works with Vista
Anyone know of "ANY" voice modem that will work with Vista?
dev

Re: Voice Modem that works with Vista
/DanR/ said:

> Anyone know of "ANY" voice modem that will work with Vista?

See if this meets your needs...
http://developer.intel.com/design/mo...ucts/536ep.htm

Working here in Vista with the 4.77.8.3 driver downloaded automatically
via Vista Plug-N-Play.
Driver on set up disk caused a crash at shutdown.
DanR

"dev" <dev@null.invallid> wrote in message
> /DanR/ said:
>
>> Anyone know of "ANY" voice modem that will work with Vista?

> See if this meets your needs...
> http://developer.intel.com/design/mo...ucts/536ep.htm
>
> Working here in Vista with the 4.77.8.3 driver downloaded automatically
> via Vista Plug-N-Play.
> Driver on set up disk caused a crash at shutdown.

Are you using the voice capabilities of this modem? What modem do you have?
Link takes me to Intel chipset overview. Is it an Intel branded modem? Also
makes reference to WinXP but not Vista.. so I asked about your use of the
voice capabilities in Vista.

My problem with my Conexant D850 56 v.92 DFVc modem is that with my
answering machine software there is no outgoing greeting. Callers can leave
message fine but hear silence when my machine answers.
Worked fine with XP. Thanks

/DanR/ said:

> "dev" <dev@null.invallid> wrote in message
>> /DanR/ said:
>>
>>> Anyone know of "ANY" voice modem that will work with Vista?

>> See if this meets your needs...
>> http://developer.intel.com/design/mo...ucts/536ep.htm
>>
>> Working here in Vista with the 4.77.8.3 driver downloaded automatically
>> via Vista Plug-N-Play.
>> Driver on set up disk caused a crash at shutdown.

> Are you using the voice capabilities of this modem? What modem do you have?
> Link takes me to Intel chipset overview. Is it an Intel branded modem? Also
> makes reference to WinXP but not Vista.. so I asked about your use of the
> voice capabilities in Vista.
>
> My problem with my Conexant D850 56 v.92 DFVc modem is that with my
> answering machine software there is no outgoing greeting. Callers can leave
> message fine but hear silence when my machine answers.
> Worked fine with XP.

Audio is handled differently in Vista. No, I am not using its voice
capabilities, if any, and cannot relate whether they will work in this
O/S. The modem is the 536EP.
DanR

> /DanR/ said:
>
>> "dev" <dev@null.invallid> wrote in message

>>> See if this meets your needs...
>>> http://developer.intel.com/design/mo...ucts/536ep.htm
>>>
>>> Working here in Vista with the 4.77.8.3 driver downloaded automatically
>>> via Vista Plug-N-Play.
>>> Driver on set up disk caused a crash at shutdown.

>> Are you using the voice capabilities of this modem? What modem do you
>> have?
>> Link takes me to Intel chipset overview. Is it an Intel branded modem?
>> Also
>> makes reference to WinXP but not Vista.. so I asked about your use of the
>> voice capabilities in Vista.
>>
>> My problem with my Conexant D850 56 v.92 DFVc modem is that with my
>> answering machine software there is no outgoing greeting. Callers can
>> leave
>> message fine but hear silence when my machine answers.
>> Worked fine with XP.

> Audio is handled differently in Vista. No, I am not using its voice
> capabilities, if any, and cannot relate whether they will work in this
> O/S. The modem is the 536EP.

Thanks, dev... for the information.

BillP

Re: Voice Modem that works with Vista
I, also, am looking for a voice mail solution that works with Vista.
Hardware and software recommendations will be appreciated.
TIA

"dev" <dev@null.invallid> wrote in message
> /DanR/ said:
>
>> Anyone know of "ANY" voice modem that will work with Vista?

> See if this meets your needs...
> http://developer.intel.com/design/mo...ucts/536ep.htm
>
> Working here in Vista with the 4.77.8.3 driver downloaded automatically
> via Vista Plug-N-Play.
> Driver on set up disk caused a crash at shutdown.

DanR

Re: Voice Modem that works with Vista
I finally found a voice modem driver for Vista. It's not for my modem but I
may try to buy this modem as it seems to be the one and only voice modem
that may work with Vista. The driver is for a Zoom modem model 3025C.
Driver can be found here:

http://voicent.com/kb/index.php/supp...icrosoft-vista

For software I use "Call Station". I've used it for years and am very happy
with it. Does lots of things.
http://www.imptec.com/callstation.htm
30 day trial and $35 to buy. Free updates forever.

"BillP" <notachance@youbet.com> wrote in message
> I, also, am looking for a voice mail solution that works with Vista.
> Hardware and software recommendations will be appreciated.
> TIA
>
> "dev" <dev@null.invallid> wrote in message
>> /DanR/ said:
>>
>>> Anyone know of "ANY" voice modem that will work with Vista?

>> See if this meets your needs...
>> http://developer.intel.com/design/mo...ucts/536ep.htm
>>
>> Working here in Vista with the 4.77.8.3 driver downloaded automatically
>> via Vista Plug-N-Play.
>> Driver on set up disk caused a crash at shutdown.

BillP

Re: Voice Modem that works with Vista
Dan
Thanks for your reply. Do you know if Call Station supports distinctive
ringing ( a different ring pattern for a second phone number)? I have
emailed Call Station tech support for an answer, but haven't heard anything.
BillP

"DanR" <dhr22@sorrynospam.com> wrote in message
>I finally found a voice modem driver for Vista. It's not for my modem but I
>may try to buy this modem as it seems to be the one and only voice modem
>that may work with Vista. The driver is for a Zoom modem model 3025C.
> Driver can be found here:
>
> http://voicent.com/kb/index.php/supp...icrosoft-vista
>
> For software I use "Call Station". I've used it for years and am very
> happy with it. Does lots of things.
> http://www.imptec.com/callstation.htm
> 30 day trial and $35 to buy. Free updates forever.
>

> "BillP" <notachance@youbet.com> wrote in message
>> I, also, am looking for a voice mail solution that works with Vista.
>> Hardware and software recommendations will be appreciated.
>> TIA
>>
>> "dev" <dev@null.invallid> wrote in message

>>> See if this meets your needs...
>>> http://developer.intel.com/design/mo...ucts/536ep.htm
>>>
>>> Working here in Vista with the 4.77.8.3 driver downloaded automatically
>>> via Vista Plug-N-Play.
>>> Driver on set up disk caused a crash at shutdown.

BillP

Re: Voice Modem that works with Vista
Unfortunately CallStation, doesn't support multiple mailboxes. I am still
looking for a solution.