NTSC TV Tuner Card for Vista Media Center?

Peter

NTSC TV Tuner Card for Vista Media Center?
Can anyone recommend a TV/FM Tuner card that will be recognised by Vista
Ultimate's Media Center?
I know that I could switch my video card for an All-in-Wonder or similar but
would prefer a separate TV card.
It must accept cable input, thanks.

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada

=?Windows-1252?Q?dieHard=AE?=

Re: NTSC TV Tuner Card for Vista Media Center?
don't bother with the AIW, it won't work in Vista and ATI has no plans to
support it.

"Peter" <ex-brit AT rogers DOT com> wrote in message
> Can anyone recommend a TV/FM Tuner card that will be recognised by Vista
> Ultimate's Media Center?
> I know that I could switch my video card for an All-in-Wonder or similar
> but would prefer a separate TV card.
> It must accept cable input, thanks.
>
> --
> Peter
> Toronto, Canada
> XP Pro SP2 x 2 + Vista Ultimate fully updated
> P4 D865GBFL HT @ 3.0ghz 2.0gb DDR 700gb HD
> ATI Radeon 9550 Graphics
> Creative Soundblaster Audigy 4 Audio

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: NTSC TV Tuner Card for Vista Media Center?
Hauppauge PVR-150.... or the PVR-500 which is the dual tuner version.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"Peter" <ex-brit AT rogers DOT com> wrote in message
> Can anyone recommend a TV/FM Tuner card that will be recognised by Vista
> Ultimate's Media Center?
> I know that I could switch my video card for an All-in-Wonder or similar
> but would prefer a separate TV card.
> It must accept cable input, thanks.
>
> --
> Peter
> Toronto, Canada
> XP Pro SP2 x 2 + Vista Ultimate fully updated
> P4 D865GBFL HT @ 3.0ghz 2.0gb DDR 700gb HD
> ATI Radeon 9550 Graphics
> Creative Soundblaster Audigy 4 Audio

Peter

Re: NTSC TV Tuner Card for Vista Media Center?
Thanks Cari, there's also the 1600 I see that is Vista comatible. Do they
fetch FM stations as well as TV though?

--

"Cari (MS-MVP)" <NewsGroups@coribright.com> wrote in message
> Hauppauge PVR-150.... or the PVR-500 which is the dual tuner version.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "Peter" <ex-brit AT rogers DOT com> wrote in message
>> Can anyone recommend a TV/FM Tuner card that will be recognised by Vista
>> Ultimate's Media Center?
>> I know that I could switch my video card for an All-in-Wonder or similar
>> but would prefer a separate TV card.
>> It must accept cable input, thanks.
>>
>> --
>> Peter
>> Toronto, Canada
>> XP Pro SP2 x 2 + Vista Ultimate fully updated
>> P4 D865GBFL HT @ 3.0ghz 2.0gb DDR 700gb HD
>> ATI Radeon 9550 Graphics
>> Creative Soundblaster Audigy 4 Audio

Peter

Re: NTSC TV Tuner Card for Vista Media Center?
Not true according to ATI/AMD and here:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ATI-All-In-Wonder...006-AGP-Vista-
--

"dieHard«" <dieHard@msn.com> wrote in message
> don't bother with the AIW, it won't work in Vista and ATI has no plans to
> support it.
>
> "Peter" <ex-brit AT rogers DOT com> wrote in message
>> Can anyone recommend a TV/FM Tuner card that will be recognised by Vista
>> Ultimate's Media Center?
>> I know that I could switch my video card for an All-in-Wonder or similar
>> but would prefer a separate TV card.
>> It must accept cable input, thanks.
>>
>> --
>> Peter
>> Toronto, Canada
>> XP Pro SP2 x 2 + Vista Ultimate fully updated
>> P4 D865GBFL HT @ 3.0ghz 2.0gb DDR 700gb HD
>> ATI Radeon 9550 Graphics
>> Creative Soundblaster Audigy 4 Audio

emanon

Re: NTSC TV Tuner Card for Vista Media Center?
Cha-Ching! Hear the cash register ring!

Another forced upgrad

"Cari (MS-MVP)" <NewsGroups@coribright.com> wrote in message
> Hauppauge PVR-150.... or the PVR-500 which is the dual tuner version.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "Peter" <ex-brit AT rogers DOT com> wrote in message
>> Can anyone recommend a TV/FM Tuner card that will be recognised by Vista
>> Ultimate's Media Center?
>> I know that I could switch my video card for an All-in-Wonder or similar
>> but would prefer a separate TV card.
>> It must accept cable input, thanks.
>>
>> --
>> Peter
>> Toronto, Canada
>> XP Pro SP2 x 2 + Vista Ultimate fully updated
>> P4 D865GBFL HT @ 3.0ghz 2.0gb DDR 700gb HD
>> ATI Radeon 9550 Graphics
>> Creative Soundblaster Audigy 4 Audio

Peter

Re: NTSC TV Tuner Card for Vista Media Center?
Well in this case I don't mind. I don't like the Asus 7153...too buggy.

--

"emanon" <emanon@erehwon.com> wrote in message
> Cha-Ching! Hear the cash register ring!
>
> Another forced upgrad
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" <NewsGroups@coribright.com> wrote in message
>> Hauppauge PVR-150.... or the PVR-500 which is the dual tuner version.
>> --
>> Cari (MS-MVP)
>> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>>
>> "Peter" <ex-brit AT rogers DOT com> wrote in message
>>> Can anyone recommend a TV/FM Tuner card that will be recognised by Vista
>>> Ultimate's Media Center?
>>> I know that I could switch my video card for an All-in-Wonder or similar
>>> but would prefer a separate TV card.
>>> It must accept cable input, thanks.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Peter
>>> Toronto, Canada
>>> XP Pro SP2 x 2 + Vista Ultimate fully updated
>>> P4 D865GBFL HT @ 3.0ghz 2.0gb DDR 700gb HD
>>> ATI Radeon 9550 Graphics
>>> Creative Soundblaster Audigy 4 Audio

Keith

Re: NTSC TV Tuner Card for Vista Media Center?
the 1600 does not come with a MC compatible remote, so I use GB-PVR instead.