Maxtor Shared Storage Device

Olivier Marquet

Re: Maxtor Shared Storage Device
Hello,

I have the same configuration, but I am able to access the MSS with
passwords.
However if I try to back-up files, I get
"No mapping between account names and security IDs was done "
and cannot access it

"Russell Wood" <russell.wood@blueyonder.co.uk> a écrit dans le message de
> Hello all
>
> I have just installed Vista Home Basic on my Compaq Presario V4335EA and I
> am having a problem accessing my shared network drive, which worked fine
> under XP-SP2
>
> I have had to remove the password protection, and make the directory
> public on my home network for me to access the drive.
>
> If I use windows explorer, I cant see the drive at all, and I have to
> access the drive via I can navigate the directories with no problems and
> access files, but, if I use ITunes for instance, (where all my MP3's are
> stored - I cant see the network drive. If I add the file manually, its
> fine (don't want to add 3000+ tracks manually.... )
>
> Also - before I had to make the directory public, previously, I had
> passwords installed to add security and prevent external access - now
> Vista tells me that the passwords are not recognised?!
>
> In all - not an ideal situation. I fell I am probably missing something
> really obvious - but cant figure out the issue.

> Thanks in advance.
>
> Russell

jacqueschoquette

Re: Maxtor Shared Storage Device
I am getting this same connection problem has either of you found a
solution?

lytell@gmail.com

Re: Maxtor Shared Storage Device
On Feb 18, 6:35 am, "Olivier Marquet" <olivier.marq...@skynet.be>
wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have the same configuration, but I am able to access the MSS with
> passwords.
> However if I try to back-up files, I get
> "NomappingbetweenaccountnamesandsecurityIDswasdone "
> and cannot access it
>
> "Russell Wood" <russell.w...@blueyonder.co.uk> a écrit dans le message denews:%23QIerTzUHHA.2212@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>
> > Hello all

> > I have just installed Vista Home Basic on my Compaq Presario V4335EA and I
> > am having a problem accessing my shared network drive, which worked fine
> > under XP-SP2

> > I have had to remove the password protection, and make the directory
> > public on my home network for me to access the drive.

> > If I use windows explorer, I cant see the drive at all, and I have to
> > access the drive via I can navigate the directories withnoproblems and
> > access files, but, if I use ITunes for instance, (where all my MP3's are
> > stored - I cant see the network drive. If I add the file manually, its
> > fine (don't want to add 3000+ tracks manually.... )

> > Also - before I had to make the directory public, previously, I had
> > passwords installed to addsecurityand prevent external access - now
> > Vista tells me that the passwords are not recognised?!

> > In all - not an ideal situation. I fell I am probably missing something
> > really obvious - but cant figure out the issue.

> > Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

> > Thanks in advance.

> > Russell

I don't know if this will work for you but I had the same problem
until...

If anyone is using Windows Vista and attempts to use the Backup
Utility and you have a WD
Net-Center hard-drive use the following when signing in through
Backup...

USER ID: \\WD-NETCENTER\guest
PASSWORD: "your password"

Check and see if your backup device uses a guest account.

In your case it would be the \\"name of the device on your
network"\guest
then whatever password you assigned to the folder.

good luck
Stan.