Building or Buying a Brand New Windows Vista Compatible PC?

=?Utf-8?B?QXZhcmljZQ==?=

Building or Buying a Brand New Windows Vista Compatible PC?
My computer is over 4 years old now and I am ready to turn it into a
secondary computer in my home. I currently have Windows Vista Ultimate
installed on it, but because the hardware is somewhat old, I'm not getting a
very good experience with it. With that said, I'm ready to "go all out" with
the designing of my new PC. I am looking for different Windows Vista PC
design guides, but was only able to come up with one at
http://techreport.com/etc/2007q1/sys...e/index.x?pg=1

Does anyone have any additional guides or information on how to build a
Windows Vista compatible PC from the ground up (barebones kit is good too)?
If someone could point me to a reliable manufacturer of Windows Vista PCs,
that would be great too. From what I see now, most manufacturers (even Dell)
have warnings about driver incompatibilities with Windows Vista and that is
what worries me.

DandyDon

Re: Building or Buying a Brand New Windows Vista Compatible PC?
If you buy a prebuilt computer from any manufacturer with Vista on it the
computer itself will run fine. It has to, or they are liable to fix it.The
warnings about drivers are for the devices you connect to it, such as
printers,cameras,scanners, USB backup drives,etc.
Run the Vista Advisor on the old computer with all your devices attached.
Make sure it finds each one and reports driver status. Also check Microsofts
Hardware Compatibility List.
Also check your device manufacturers website for Vista compatible drivers.

Here is a link to an article about building your own Vista PC.
http://www.extremetech.com/article2/...2015423,00.asp

"Avarice" <Avarice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My computer is over 4 years old now and I am ready to turn it into a
> secondary computer in my home. I currently have Windows Vista Ultimate
> installed on it, but because the hardware is somewhat old, I'm not getting
> very good experience with it. With that said, I'm ready to "go all out"
> with
> the designing of my new PC. I am looking for different Windows Vista PC
> design guides, but was only able to come up with one at
> http://techreport.com/etc/2007q1/sys...e/index.x?pg=1
>
> Does anyone have any additional guides or information on how to build a
> Windows Vista compatible PC from the ground up (barebones kit is good
> too)?
> If someone could point me to a reliable manufacturer of Windows Vista PCs,
> that would be great too. From what I see now, most manufacturers (even
> Dell)
> have warnings about driver incompatibilities with Windows Vista and that
> is
> what worries me.

Richard G. Harper

Re: Building or Buying a Brand New Windows Vista Compatible PC?
The best "design guide" would be to see if the components you are looking at
have Vista compatible drivers available. If so, that's 2/3 of your worries
taken care of; the other 1/3 is "Was the manufacturer testing these drivers
prior to release or were they playing with DreamScene?" :-(