PC noise

=?Utf-8?B?YW5naW1vbw==?=

PC noise
I have just purchased a new PC and when i turn it on the tower makes a
noise...like a piercing satic noise...the ones u can sometimes hear when u
have the tv on.
I unplugged the arial but it still makes the noise, where i purchased my PC
from they said they couldnt hear anything and that its normal because its a
powerful machine with alot of electricty running throughout...i dont believe
this because my old PC was powerful and old and the only noise i heard was
the fan!
This electricity/static noise i hear is giving me a bad headache and its
killing my ears!
Does anyone know what it could be???
Rock

Re: PC noise
"angimoo" <angimoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

>I have just purchased a new PC and when i turn it on the tower makes a
> noise...like a piercing satic noise...the ones u can sometimes hear when u
> have the tv on.
> I unplugged the arial but it still makes the noise, where i purchased my
> PC
> from they said they couldnt hear anything and that its normal because its
> powerful machine with alot of electricty running throughout...i dont
> believe
> this because my old PC was powerful and old and the only noise i heard was
> the fan!
> This electricity/static noise i hear is giving me a bad headache and its
> killing my ears!
> Does anyone know what it could be???

Take it back. Make them fix it. Sounds like a fan is binding.

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

=?Utf-8?B?YW5naW1vbw==?=

Re: PC noise
ok thanx
i will do that!

btw im not hapy with the image on my monitor...its a top of the range LG one
but i have a feeling its my graphics card...i have done all i can with the
resolution etc but its still eye straining and when i watch a movie the
picture isnt as good quality as my old PC...not as smooth

also when the PC is SHUTDOWN the mouse and keyboard light stay on...this
isnt normal i think but they siad it is...do u ahve any suggestions about any
of this?
thank you!!!

"Rock" wrote:

> "angimoo" <angimoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>
> >I have just purchased a new PC and when i turn it on the tower makes a
> > noise...like a piercing satic noise...the ones u can sometimes hear when u
> > have the tv on.
> > I unplugged the arial but it still makes the noise, where i purchased my
> > PC
> > from they said they couldnt hear anything and that its normal because its
> > powerful machine with alot of electricty running throughout...i dont
> > believe
> > this because my old PC was powerful and old and the only noise i heard was
> > the fan!
> > This electricity/static noise i hear is giving me a bad headache and its
> > killing my ears!
> > Does anyone know what it could be???

> Take it back. Make them fix it. Sounds like a fan is binding.
>
> --
> Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

Tony

Re: PC noise
I don't know about what has casued the noise for sure as i can't hear it. If
your LCD monitor has an external power adapter, they sometimes cause
electric static
sound, and if the sound is not "very lould", this is normal.

About your mouse light and keyboard light, some computer motherboards supply
power to your keyboard and mouse even after you turned off your computer.
This is becasue they let you power up your PC from a keyboard by pressing
the "POWER" key on your keyboard. In some motherboards you can change this
setting by changing the jumper on your motherboard or in your bois, but some
motherboards, you can't change this at all. So as the computer shop told
you, this is NORMAL and most new computers this day is like this.

"angimoo" <angimoo@discussions.microsoft.com> 写入消息
> ok thanx
> i will do that!
>
> btw im not hapy with the image on my monitor...its a top of the range LG
> one
> but i have a feeling its my graphics card...i have done all i can with the
> resolution etc but its still eye straining and when i watch a movie the
> picture isnt as good quality as my old PC...not as smooth
>
> also when the PC is SHUTDOWN the mouse and keyboard light stay on...this
> isnt normal i think but they siad it is...do u ahve any suggestions about
> any
> of this?
> thank you!!!
>
> "Rock" wrote:
>
>> "angimoo" <angimoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>>
>> >I have just purchased a new PC and when i turn it on the tower makes a
>> > noise...like a piercing satic noise...the ones u can sometimes hear
>> > when u
>> > have the tv on.
>> > I unplugged the arial but it still makes the noise, where i purchased
>> > my
>> > PC
>> > from they said they couldnt hear anything and that its normal because
>> > its
>> > powerful machine with alot of electricty running throughout...i dont
>> > believe
>> > this because my old PC was powerful and old and the only noise i heard
>> > was
>> > the fan!
>> > This electricity/static noise i hear is giving me a bad headache and
>> > its
>> > killing my ears!
>> > Does anyone know what it could be???

>> Take it back. Make them fix it. Sounds like a fan is binding.
>>
>> --
>> Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

=?Utf-8?B?YW5naW1vbw==?=

Re: PC noise
oh ok...thanx...makes sense...but the sound is still annoying me....its
coming from the tower not the monitor