HP Officejet 7130

SteveW

HP Officejet 7130
I have just got an all singing all dancing new PC to replace my aging system
having waited for Vista. Everything is fine with my peripherals except for
this expensive printer which I use a great deal there is going to be no
Vista driver save the one bundled with the OS which is useless anyone got
any suggestions as to how I can ever get functionality back i.e. duplexing,
book printing and jus plain getting WYSIWYG back.

Thanks a very angry

Steve

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: HP Officejet 7130
HP don't seem to be writing many drivers for Vista.... maybe the best thing
for it is to put it on eBay and get something that is compatible. Sorry.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"SteveW" <notwisetosay@nowhere.net> wrote in message
>I have just got an all singing all dancing new PC to replace my aging
>system having waited for Vista. Everything is fine with my peripherals
>except for this expensive printer which I use a great deal there is going
>to be no Vista driver save the one bundled with the OS which is useless
>anyone got any suggestions as to how I can ever get functionality back i.e.
>duplexing, book printing and jus plain getting WYSIWYG back.
>
> Thanks a very angry
>
> Steve

JW

Re: HP Officejet 7130
Hp is providing excellent support for its products on Vista. Here is the
like from their Vista support Website for your printer.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...reg_R1002_USEN

"Cari (MS-MVP)" <NewsGroups@coribright.com> wrote in message
> HP don't seem to be writing many drivers for Vista.... maybe the best
> thing for it is to put it on eBay and get something that is compatible.
> Sorry.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "SteveW" <notwisetosay@nowhere.net> wrote in message
>>I have just got an all singing all dancing new PC to replace my aging
>>system having waited for Vista. Everything is fine with my peripherals
>>except for this expensive printer which I use a great deal there is going
>>to be no Vista driver save the one bundled with the OS which is useless
>>anyone got any suggestions as to how I can ever get functionality back
>>i.e. duplexing, book printing and jus plain getting WYSIWYG back.
>>
>> Thanks a very angry
>>
>> Steve

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: HP Officejet 7130
I think he's read that..... if you scroll down to the bottom, you'll find
Advanced Features for this printer are not going to be supported.
--

"JW" <nospam@no.spam> wrote in message
> Hp is providing excellent support for its products on Vista. Here is the
> like from their Vista support Website for your printer.
>
> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...reg_R1002_USEN
>

> "Cari (MS-MVP)" <NewsGroups@coribright.com> wrote in message
>> HP don't seem to be writing many drivers for Vista.... maybe the best
>> thing for it is to put it on eBay and get something that is compatible.
>> Sorry.
>> --
>> Cari (MS-MVP)
>> http://www.coribright.com/windows

JW

Re: HP Officejet 7130
Good point Cari.
Thats a shame since the printer is less then 4 years old.
>I think he's read that..... if you scroll down to the bottom, you'll find
>Advanced Features for this printer are not going to be supported.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "JW" <nospam@no.spam> wrote in message
>> Hp is providing excellent support for its products on Vista. Here is the
>> like from their Vista support Website for your printer.
>>
>> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...reg_R1002_USEN
>>

>> "Cari (MS-MVP)" <NewsGroups@coribright.com> wrote in message
>>> HP don't seem to be writing many drivers for Vista.... maybe the best
>>> thing for it is to put it on eBay and get something that is compatible.
>>> Sorry.
>>> --
>>> Cari (MS-MVP)
>>> Windows Technologies - Printing & Imaging
>>> http://www.coribright.com/windows

Hugh Wyn Griffith

Re: HP Officejet 7130
In article <uFMylv4UHHA.4028@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>, Jw wrote:
> Thats a shame since the printer is less then 4 years old.

So's XP -- more or less? <g>