Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Vista Clock Chime

microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-18-2007
=?Utf-8?B?SmFzb24gQi4=?=
 

Posts: n/a
Vista Clock Chime
Does anyone know how to disable the hourly and half hour chime that sounds
like a grandfather clock. I just bought a new Dell Laptop (Inspiron 1501)
and the chime is getting annoying.

I have tried to look in every settings possible and have found nothing about
a chime or alarms.

Thank You
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-18-2007
Richard Urban
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista Clock Chime
Seeing as how that is NOT a part of Vista, you will have to contact Dell for
the information.

--


Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
(For email, remove the obvious from my address)

Quote from George Ankner:
If you knew as much as you think you know,
You would realize that you don't know what you thought you knew!



"Jason B." <Jason B.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:77A0FFFA-B608-4079-B246-1D3A0A338203@microsoft.com...
> Does anyone know how to disable the hourly and half hour chime that sounds
> like a grandfather clock. I just bought a new Dell Laptop (Inspiron 1501)
> and the chime is getting annoying.
>
> I have tried to look in every settings possible and have found nothing
> about
> a chime or alarms.
>
> Thank You


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02-18-2007
Rock
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista Clock Chime
"Jason B." <Jason B.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> Does anyone know how to disable the hourly and half hour chime that sounds
> like a grandfather clock. I just bought a new Dell Laptop (Inspiron 1501)
> and the chime is getting annoying.
>
> I have tried to look in every settings possible and have found nothing
> about
> a chime or alarms.


Check the Grandfather clock in the next room? Vista doesn't have a clock
chime so it's some 3rd party software. Check all he sound events in Control
Panel | Hardware and Sound | Sound - Change system sounds. If it's in there
change it.

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 02-18-2007
Richard Urban
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista Clock Chime
Low battery alarm on pacemaker?

--


Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
(For email, remove the obvious from my address)

Quote from George Ankner:
If you knew as much as you think you know,
You would realize that you don't know what you thought you knew!



"Rock" <Rock@nospam.net> wrote in message
news:%23LVedowUHHA.4872@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> "Jason B." <Jason B.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>> Does anyone know how to disable the hourly and half hour chime that
>> sounds
>> like a grandfather clock. I just bought a new Dell Laptop (Inspiron
>> 1501)
>> and the chime is getting annoying.
>>
>> I have tried to look in every settings possible and have found nothing
>> about
>> a chime or alarms.

>
> Check the Grandfather clock in the next room? Vista doesn't have a clock
> chime so it's some 3rd party software. Check all he sound events in
> Control Panel | Hardware and Sound | Sound - Change system sounds. If
> it's in there change it.
>
> --
> Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 02-18-2007
Rock
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista Clock Chime
Lol, that would not be good.

"Richard Urban" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote

> Low battery alarm on pacemaker?


> "Rock" <Rock@nospam.net> wrote in message
> news:%23LVedowUHHA.4872@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>> "Jason B." <Jason B.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>>> Does anyone know how to disable the hourly and half hour chime that
>>> sounds
>>> like a grandfather clock. I just bought a new Dell Laptop (Inspiron
>>> 1501)
>>> and the chime is getting annoying.
>>>
>>> I have tried to look in every settings possible and have found nothing
>>> about
>>> a chime or alarms.

>>
>> Check the Grandfather clock in the next room? Vista doesn't have a clock
>> chime so it's some 3rd party software. Check all he sound events in
>> Control Panel | Hardware and Sound | Sound - Change system sounds. If
>> it's in there change it.


--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 02-18-2007
BigJim
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista Clock Chime
he lives in London
"Jason B." <Jason B.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:77A0FFFA-B608-4079-B246-1D3A0A338203@microsoft.com...
> Does anyone know how to disable the hourly and half hour chime that sounds
> like a grandfather clock. I just bought a new Dell Laptop (Inspiron 1501)
> and the chime is getting annoying.
>
> I have tried to look in every settings possible and have found nothing
> about
> a chime or alarms.
>
> Thank You


Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 02-19-2007
Steve Urbach
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista Clock Chime
On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 16:13:03 -0800, Jason B. <Jason
B.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Does anyone know how to disable the hourly and half hour chime that sounds
>like a grandfather clock. I just bought a new Dell Laptop (Inspiron 1501)
>and the chime is getting annoying.
>
>I have tried to look in every settings possible and have found nothing about
>a chime or alarms.
>
>Thank You

Not having said feature: :/

Did you right click on the clock (in sidebar, not task bar) and check
its options?
There isn't a sound setting for *a* clock in the "sounds" settings?

Is there a bong sound file in \windows\media that if all else fails,
you could rename (or delete)?

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 02-19-2007
=?Utf-8?B?SmFzb24gQi4=?=
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista Clock Chime
It was on the computer as I got it OEM from Dell. I have used Dell Tech
Support and also DellConnect and they have no idea what it is. There is no
sound for it in the system sounds, nor any settings if I right click on the
clock.

Oh well mute works too.

"Steve Urbach" wrote:

> On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 16:13:03 -0800, Jason B. <Jason
> B.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Does anyone know how to disable the hourly and half hour chime that sounds
> >like a grandfather clock. I just bought a new Dell Laptop (Inspiron 1501)
> >and the chime is getting annoying.
> >
> >I have tried to look in every settings possible and have found nothing about
> >a chime or alarms.
> >
> >Thank You

> Not having said feature: :/
>
> Did you right click on the clock (in sidebar, not task bar) and check
> its options?
> There isn't a sound setting for *a* clock in the "sounds" settings?
>
> Is there a bong sound file in \windows\media that if all else fails,
> you could rename (or delete)?
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 02-20-2007
Steve Urbach
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista Clock Chime
Brain(?):
Check the Task Scheduler for odd tasks.
Check Windows Calendar reminders (options: play sound)


On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 21:14:05 -0800, Jason B.
<JasonB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>It was on the computer as I got it OEM from Dell. I have used Dell Tech
>Support and also DellConnect and they have no idea what it is. There is no
>sound for it in the system sounds, nor any settings if I right click on the
>clock.
>
>Oh well mute works too.
>
>"Steve Urbach" wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 16:13:03 -0800, Jason B. <Jason
>> B.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Does anyone know how to disable the hourly and half hour chime that sounds
>> >like a grandfather clock. I just bought a new Dell Laptop (Inspiron 1501)
>> >and the chime is getting annoying.
>> >
>> >I have tried to look in every settings possible and have found nothing about
>> >a chime or alarms.
>> >
>> >Thank You

>> Not having said feature: :/
>>
>> Did you right click on the clock (in sidebar, not task bar) and check
>> its options?
>> There isn't a sound setting for *a* clock in the "sounds" settings?
>>
>> Is there a bong sound file in \windows\media that if all else fails,
>> you could rename (or delete)?
>>
>>

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Clock Time Zone Settings td3k microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 7 03-21-2007 02:24
using your computer as an alarm clock =?Utf-8?B?ZGVi?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 03-01-2007 12:54
Trivial Question - clock gadget - more options? Digital? boe microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 3 03-01-2007 07:40
Vista Clock =?Utf-8?B?bWlsZ2Fy?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 3 02-19-2007 23:52
Clock Gadget not updating? =?Utf-8?B?QkRTMjAyMA==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 02-19-2007 23:33




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 18:18.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120