Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

No DVD drive after sleep mode

microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 08-15-2007
trini
 

Posts: n/a
No DVD drive after sleep mode
I have problem with sleep mode and DVD drive. After I wake my laptop
from sleeping mode, DVD writer is not working. It won't show up under
device manager at all, like it doesn't exist. When I put in some music
cd/dvd ,the light for dvd is blinking couple of times, and then nothing
happens, it won't start to play. After restarting laptop, it is working
again. I wanted to test, will it work after hibernate, but there is no
hibernate option for me... How do I enable it?
Laptop is Asus F3F ,running Vista Ultimate. It did work fine when XP was
installed. If anyone knows if there is some fix for this, please let me
know.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 08-15-2007
Cal Bear '66
 

Posts: n/a
Re: No DVD drive after sleep mode
Try this:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929461/en-us

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!


"trini" <trini@mail.com> wrote in message
news:eYb2Xj03HHA.4712@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>I have problem with sleep mode and DVD drive. After I wake my laptop from
>sleeping mode, DVD writer is not working. It won't show up under device
>manager at all, like it doesn't exist. When I put in some music cd/dvd ,the
>light for dvd is blinking couple of times, and then nothing happens, it won't
>start to play. After restarting laptop, it is working again. I wanted to test,
>will it work after hibernate, but there is no hibernate option for me... How do
>I enable it?
> Laptop is Asus F3F ,running Vista Ultimate. It did work fine when XP was
> installed. If anyone knows if there is some fix for this, please let me know.



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 08-15-2007
trini
 

Posts: n/a
Re: No DVD drive after sleep mode
Unfortunately this does not work. I don't have those registry entries at
right pane that are suggested to delete.
Anyone has some more ideas about how to resolve this?

Cal Bear '66 wrote:
> Try this:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929461/en-us
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 08-16-2007
dean-dean
 

Posts: n/a
Re: No DVD drive after sleep mode
As to enabling hibernate, try this:

Click Start, click All Programs, and then click Accessories. Right-click
Command Prompt, and click Run as administrator. Type the following"

powercfg -h on

Press Enter on your keyboard.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928897/en-us

Have you updated the drivers to ones that are Vista compatible and obtained
the latest BIOS update for your model from Asus? As to drivers,
specifically the ASUS ATK0100 UTILITY driver for Vista 32bit, the
ATK_Hotkey UTILITY for Vista, and the Graphics Driver for Vista 32bit?

I think those can be found here:

http://support.asus.com/download/dow...anguage=en-us#

"trini" <trini@mail.com> wrote in message
news:eYb2Xj03HHA.4712@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>I have problem with sleep mode and DVD drive. After I wake my laptop from
>sleeping mode, DVD writer is not working. It won't show up under device
>manager at all, like it doesn't exist. When I put in some music cd/dvd ,the
>light for dvd is blinking couple of times, and then nothing happens, it
>won't start to play. After restarting laptop, it is working again. I wanted
>to test, will it work after hibernate, but there is no hibernate option for
>me... How do I enable it?
> Laptop is Asus F3F ,running Vista Ultimate. It did work fine when XP was
> installed. If anyone knows if there is some fix for this, please let me
> know.


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 08-17-2007
trini
 

Posts: n/a
Re: No DVD drive after sleep mode
Thanks Got Hibernate working and gonna use that instead of Sleep, as
DVD drive has no problems after Hibernate. It's little slower though
then Sleep, but that's not a big deal really.
All drivers I already updated, but thanks for the links

dean-dean wrote:
> As to enabling hibernate, try this:
>
> Click Start, click All Programs, and then click Accessories. Right-click
> Command Prompt, and click Run as administrator. Type the following"
>
> powercfg -h on
>
> Press Enter on your keyboard.
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928897/en-us
>
> Have you updated the drivers to ones that are Vista compatible and obtained
> the latest BIOS update for your model from Asus? As to drivers,
> specifically the ASUS ATK0100 UTILITY driver for Vista 32bit, the
> ATK_Hotkey UTILITY for Vista, and the Graphics Driver for Vista 32bit?
>
> I think those can be found here:
>
> http://support.asus.com/download/dow...anguage=en-us#
>
>


>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HELP with Sleep Mode =?Utf-8?B?VGhvbWFzIEtlbnQ=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 4 04-22-2008 11:12
Sleep mode Jerry microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance 5 08-05-2007 01:47
Sleep mode FrankMcL microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 4 08-01-2007 01:18
Sleep mode RoBo microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 2 05-20-2007 12:42
External drive partitions open when returning from sleep mode normviv73 microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 0 05-16-2007 22:59




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:12.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120