un-prevent found new hardware from asking about device

Tergiver

un-prevent found new hardware from asking about device
Short Story:
I kept getting asked to install a printer (same printer) and selected the
option to have the hardware wizard never ask about this device again.
I now need it to ask me.
How do I get it back?

Long Story:
Bought new Dell Vostro with Windows Vista Business. It does not have a
parallel port and I have an older Okidata 320 Turbo printer. I bought a USB
to Parallel adapter and installed it and the printer.
It worked at first, but after a couple of reboots, the New Hardware wizard
started finding the printer again. After the fourth time, I clicked the
option to have it not ask again. The printer worked, but only intermittently.
I bought a different USB to Parallel adapter (different brand/model)
thinking it was a bad adapter . Now it won't work even intermittently.
I've tried deleting the printer and then adding it, using each of the three
visible "USB00x (virtual printer port for USB)" ports, but no luck.
I am hoping that if I can get the New Hardware wizard to find it, that will
work.
How do I get it to ask me again?

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: un-prevent found new hardware from asking about device
Open your Control Panel and click on the "Add Hardware" icon.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP