mic is not functioning

QUEENBABYT

mic is not functioning
MIC WAS FUNCTIONING YESTERDAY, BUT TODAY IT I S NOT ON, WHAT DO I CHECK TO
SEE IF IT IS ON?
Cal Bear '66

Re: mic is not functioning
Right click on the Speaker icon in the Notification Area of the Taskbars.
Select Recording Devices. In the Recording tab window, right click and ensure
that both "Show Disconnected Devices" and "Show Disabled Devices" are checked.
Highlight Microphone and press the Set Default button. Use the Configure and
Properties buttons to set up your microphone.

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"QUEENBABYT" <QUEENBABYT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> MIC WAS FUNCTIONING YESTERDAY, BUT TODAY IT I S NOT ON, WHAT DO I CHECK TO
> SEE IF IT IS ON?

QUEENBABYT

Re: mic is not functioning

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> Right click on the Speaker icon in the Notification Area of the Taskbars.
> Select Recording Devices. In the Recording tab window, right click and ensure
> that both "Show Disconnected Devices" and "Show Disabled Devices" are checked.
> Highlight Microphone and press the Set Default button. Use the Configure and
> Properties buttons to set up your microphone.
>
> --
> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "QUEENBABYT" <QUEENBABYT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > MIC WAS FUNCTIONING YESTERDAY, BUT TODAY IT I S NOT ON, WHAT DO I CHECK TO
> > SEE IF IT IS ON?

QUEENBABYT

Re: mic is not functioning

thanks for that..i did every thing before recieving your answer, well i
doubled checked what you said, it shows enable and it still doesn't work, you
think it may be a shortage in cord>..
"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> Right click on the Speaker icon in the Notification Area of the Taskbars.
> Select Recording Devices. In the Recording tab window, right click and ensure
> that both "Show Disconnected Devices" and "Show Disabled Devices" are checked.
> Highlight Microphone and press the Set Default button. Use the Configure and
> Properties buttons to set up your microphone.
>
> --
> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "QUEENBABYT" <QUEENBABYT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > MIC WAS FUNCTIONING YESTERDAY, BUT TODAY IT I S NOT ON, WHAT DO I CHECK TO
> > SEE IF IT IS ON?

Cal Bear '66

Re: mic is not functioning
Can you get another microphone to check this out?

--

> thanks for that..i did every thing before recieving your answer, well i
> doubled checked what you said, it shows enable and it still doesn't work, you
> think it may be a shortage in cord>..
> "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
>
>> Right click on the Speaker icon in the Notification Area of the Taskbars.
>> Select Recording Devices. In the Recording tab window, right click and
>> ensure
>> that both "Show Disconnected Devices" and "Show Disabled Devices" are
>> checked.
>> Highlight Microphone and press the Set Default button. Use the Configure and
>> Properties buttons to set up your microphone.
>>
>> --
>> I Bleed Blue and Gold
>> GO BEARS!
>>

>> "QUEENBABYT" <QUEENBABYT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > MIC WAS FUNCTIONING YESTERDAY, BUT TODAY IT I S NOT ON, WHAT DO I CHECK TO
>> > SEE IF IT IS ON?

loopyloo350

Re: mic is not functioning

have you tried going to the control panel and clicking on Realtek HD
Audio Manager and then clicking on device advanced settings and checking
to make sure it is set right for a microphone. I've noticed that
sometimes if you use a product like Desk mechanic or CCleaner, which are
both very good, that you have to reset the Audio Manager. I have an
emachine running windows vista w/intel celeron D processor.:frown:

--
loopyloo350