Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

New Nvidia 8 series problem

microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 08-14-2007
FreddieFlint
 

Posts: n/a
New Nvidia 8 series problem
i have just installed a nvidia 8500 GT, done evrything correctly yet i can
only change display properties.

in cpanel/devicemanager i have a red cross next to the device.

Under poperties i get Windows has stopped this device because it has
reported problems. (Code 43)

I also get an atk or htk i cant remember lol error message when i reboot
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 08-14-2007
Bob J
 

Posts: n/a
RE: New Nvidia 8 series problem
The attached does not specify your problem but it is the only one that refers
to (Code 43)
--
Regards
Bob J
If advise given from anyone, solves problem or not, or if solved from
another source,post back & let us know.
Then we all benefit.



"FreddieFlint" wrote:

> i have just installed a nvidia 8500 GT, done evrything correctly yet i can
> only change display properties.
>
> in cpanel/devicemanager i have a red cross next to the device.
>
> Under poperties i get Windows has stopped this device because it has
> reported problems. (Code 43)
>
> I also get an atk or htk i cant remember lol error message when i reboot

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 08-14-2007
FreddieFlint
 

Posts: n/a
RE: New Nvidia 8 series problem
Well the card works fine with XP so it a vista related problem

"Bob J" wrote:

> The attached does not specify your problem but it is the only one that refers
> to (Code 43)
> --
> Regards
> Bob J
> If advise given from anyone, solves problem or not, or if solved from
> another source,post back & let us know.
> Then we all benefit.
>
>
>
> "FreddieFlint" wrote:
>
> > i have just installed a nvidia 8500 GT, done evrything correctly yet i can
> > only change display properties.
> >
> > in cpanel/devicemanager i have a red cross next to the device.
> >
> > Under poperties i get Windows has stopped this device because it has
> > reported problems. (Code 43)
> >
> > I also get an atk or htk i cant remember lol error message when i reboot

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 08-14-2007
FreddieFlint
 

Posts: n/a
RE: New Nvidia 8 series problem
The error message i get that i couldnt remember what it said was
ATKFastUserSwitching Has Been Shut Down?

"FreddieFlint" wrote:

> Well the card works fine with XP so it a vista related problem
>
> "Bob J" wrote:
>
> > The attached does not specify your problem but it is the only one that refers
> > to (Code 43)
> > --
> > Regards
> > Bob J
> > If advise given from anyone, solves problem or not, or if solved from
> > another source,post back & let us know.
> > Then we all benefit.
> >
> >
> >
> > "FreddieFlint" wrote:
> >
> > > i have just installed a nvidia 8500 GT, done evrything correctly yet i can
> > > only change display properties.
> > >
> > > in cpanel/devicemanager i have a red cross next to the device.
> > >
> > > Under poperties i get Windows has stopped this device because it has
> > > reported problems. (Code 43)
> > >
> > > I also get an atk or htk i cant remember lol error message when i reboot

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 08-14-2007
Bob J
 

Posts: n/a
RE: New Nvidia 8 series problem
Are you aware that new drivers were released 26/07/07
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_162.22.html
Reading thru various groups there appears to be occasions where the drivers
provided by Nvidia are posing problems , have found numerous post regarding
which drivers are best one provided by MS or Nvidia and it is not Vista it is
a driver problem and drivers are issued by the manufacturers--
Regards
Bob J
If advise given from anyone, solves problem or not, or if solved from
another source,post back & let us know.
Then we all benefit.



"FreddieFlint" wrote:

> i have just installed a nvidia 8500 GT, done evrything correctly yet i can
> only change display properties.
>
> in cpanel/devicemanager i have a red cross next to the device.
>
> Under poperties i get Windows has stopped this device because it has
> reported problems. (Code 43)
>
> I also get an atk or htk i cant remember lol error message when i reboot

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 08-14-2007
FreddieFlint
 

Posts: n/a
RE: New Nvidia 8 series problem
I downloaded the latest from nvidia and also tried them from asus (gfx
manufacturer) but found the problem to be the utilities programs on the
installation CD that came with the card.

So dont install utilities on cd get them from manufacturer

"Bob J" wrote:

> Are you aware that new drivers were released 26/07/07
> http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_162.22.html
> Reading thru various groups there appears to be occasions where the drivers
> provided by Nvidia are posing problems , have found numerous post regarding
> which drivers are best one provided by MS or Nvidia and it is not Vista it is
> a driver problem and drivers are issued by the manufacturers--
> Regards
> Bob J
> If advise given from anyone, solves problem or not, or if solved from
> another source,post back & let us know.
> Then we all benefit.
>
>
>
> "FreddieFlint" wrote:
>
> > i have just installed a nvidia 8500 GT, done evrything correctly yet i can
> > only change display properties.
> >
> > in cpanel/devicemanager i have a red cross next to the device.
> >
> > Under poperties i get Windows has stopped this device because it has
> > reported problems. (Code 43)
> >
> > I also get an atk or htk i cant remember lol error message when i reboot

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 08-14-2007
Shwoarma
 

Posts: n/a
RE: New Nvidia 8 series problem
The 162.22 drivers you refer have introduced a new problem "driver stopped
responding and recovered" when this occurs the system loops and needs to be
restarted. This occurs with all the 16X.XX series and seems to affect mainly
SLi users but I do know of a handfull that have it that are non SLi. Also
seems to occur with Aero interface on. Nvidia are aware and are working on a
fix.

Anyway I digress, the drivers below are reportedly the most stable and give
the best current performance until the next Nvidia release:

For 32 bit:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_158.45.html

For 64 bit:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x64_158.45.html

Hope they help you


"FreddieFlint" wrote:

> I downloaded the latest from nvidia and also tried them from asus (gfx
> manufacturer) but found the problem to be the utilities programs on the
> installation CD that came with the card.
>
> So dont install utilities on cd get them from manufacturer
>
> "Bob J" wrote:
>
> > Are you aware that new drivers were released 26/07/07
> > http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_162.22.html
> > Reading thru various groups there appears to be occasions where the drivers
> > provided by Nvidia are posing problems , have found numerous post regarding
> > which drivers are best one provided by MS or Nvidia and it is not Vista it is
> > a driver problem and drivers are issued by the manufacturers--
> > Regards
> > Bob J
> > If advise given from anyone, solves problem or not, or if solved from
> > another source,post back & let us know.
> > Then we all benefit.
> >
> >
> >
> > "FreddieFlint" wrote:
> >
> > > i have just installed a nvidia 8500 GT, done evrything correctly yet i can
> > > only change display properties.
> > >
> > > in cpanel/devicemanager i have a red cross next to the device.
> > >
> > > Under poperties i get Windows has stopped this device because it has
> > > reported problems. (Code 43)
> > >
> > > I also get an atk or htk i cant remember lol error message when i reboot

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Whats the deal with Nvidia 8 series drivers? Lunarik microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 7 08-15-2007 01:06
Nvidia windows vista 7 series graphics drivers TomT microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 4 08-01-2007 23:49
nVIDIA ForceWare 158.42 WHQL Graphics Drivers (6,7,8 series) for Windows Vista BlogFeed Windows Vista Blogs Forum 0 06-03-2007 06:56
nVidia 101.41 - SLI 6/7 SERIES! (Beta) BlogFeed Windows Vista Blogs Forum 0 03-16-2007 01:00
Nvidia driver problem formerprof microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 5 02-04-2007 04:31




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 19:07.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120