dvd driver says its corrupt error 39

marko

dvd driver says its corrupt error 39

just bought the computer a week ago.. have been using the cd/dvd rom.

then it just dissappeared. I checked the device manager and it says the
windows cannot load driver. says its missing or corrputed.

so I uninstalled it. and restarted. same thing.. so I installed a
different dvd rom and got the same result

any ideas?

--
marko
Spirit

Re: dvd driver says its corrupt error 39
Different Error yet the fix is the same.

You can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive, or you receive an
error message after

you remove a CD recording program or a DVD recording program in Windows XP:
"error code 31"

"marko" <marko.2va9a8@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> just bought the computer a week ago.. have been using the cd/dvd rom.
>
> then it just dissappeared. I checked the device manager and it says the
> windows cannot load driver. says its missing or corrputed.
>
> so I uninstalled it. and restarted. same thing.. so I installed a
> different dvd rom and got the same result
>
> any ideas?
>

> --
> marko

Peter Foldes

Re: dvd driver says its corrupt error 39
The KB also contains reference to code 39

--
Peter

"Spirit" <noone@notthere.net> wrote in message news:uszpZkh3HHA.5852@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Different Error yet the fix is the same.
>
> You can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive, or you receive an
> error message after
>
> you remove a CD recording program or a DVD recording program in Windows XP:
> "error code 31"

> "marko" <marko.2va9a8@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message
>

>> just bought the computer a week ago.. have been using the cd/dvd rom.
>>
>> then it just dissappeared. I checked the device manager and it says the
>> windows cannot load driver. says its missing or corrputed.
>>
>> so I uninstalled it. and restarted. same thing.. so I installed a
>> different dvd rom and got the same result
>>
>> any ideas?
>>

>> --
>> marko

marko

Re: dvd driver says its corrupt error 39

Ok.. I screwed up.. I appreciate the reply..

This fix is for XP

I should have stated that I am running vista.

And really not liking it at all. I might add..

I aplolgize for the mixup.

Any more ideas guys?

--
marko
Cal Bear '66

Re: dvd driver says its corrupt error 39
Same fix for Vista. See:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929461/en-us

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"marko" <marko.2vb2ge@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> Ok.. I screwed up.. I appreciate the reply..
>
> This fix is for XP
>
> I should have stated that I am running vista.
>
> And really not liking it at all. I might add..
>
> I aplolgize for the mixup.
>
> Any more ideas guys?
>

> --
> marko

Spirit

Re: dvd driver says its corrupt error 39
Its the same fix

"marko" <marko.2vb2ge@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message news:marko.2vb2ge@no-mx.forums.net...

> Ok.. I screwed up.. I appreciate the reply..
>
> This fix is for XP
>
> I should have stated that I am running vista.
>
> And really not liking it at all. I might add..
>
> I aplolgize for the mixup.
>
> Any more ideas guys?
>

> --
> marko

marko

Re: dvd driver says its corrupt error 39

Wanted to say thankyou..

the registry fix seems to have worked.

--
marko
Eleonore

Re: dvd driver says its corrupt error 39
Hi, I have the same problem but was hesitant to use the registry remedy,
because I am such a novice at computers and hate to mess things up even
more.I have Vista home premium, so it worked for you and everything else is
ok too? Because how do you undu this in case it doesn't work? my computer is
not letting me 'restore' I tried that already, hoping to fix the driver
problem;thanks for helping,Eleonore

"marko" wrote:

> Wanted to say thankyou..
>
> the registry fix seems to have worked.
>

> --
> marko

marko

Re: dvd driver says its corrupt error 39

It's not hard to do..

Just follow the directions.. be sure to print them out. Also be sure
that you get the write key.

There will be many pop up. But the directions are pretty specific.

Just be sure to select the reg key of 4D36E965 Its complete
address is listed in the instructions.

When you highlight it the contents will appear in the right side of the
pane. In the instructions it states be sure that the default value is
DVD/CD-ROM and the class data value is CD ROM.
If I remember correctly this was listed at the top of the right pane.

The only difference I found was there were only lower filters in mine.
No uppers. I deleted the lowers and had to restart. It recognised the
drive then but no disk.

I checked it again. Just to make sure I was in the right area. And
rebooted again. Shut down. not restart. Since then all has been fine.

It really isn't that hard. A little intimidating yes.

As far as messing it up. If you follow the directions to the T.

You will be fine. If you get the wrong thing? I don't know for sure
but I am sure it can be fixed.. But I am confident one of the good
people here can help you with that. They seem to be quite adept with
windows..If you don't do this you will most likely have to reload
windows anyway..

Good luck..

--
marko
Temple357

Re: dvd driver says its corrupt error 39
Is this real common because I just had this happen to me. My computer
(Vista) stoped recognizing all of my dvd drives and also stoped recognizing
my external harddrive. I'm hoping this works.