New Motherboard - OEM Vista ???

Jean B.

New Motherboard - OEM Vista ???
We have three computers that just got zapped by lightning. Two of them
were running Vista OEM Business edition.

My question is: If we buy new motherboards to fix these machines, will
we also need to buy new copies of Vista OEM Business, or can we just
reactivate with the new motherboards? The hard drives (with Vista
already installed) will remain unchanged.

Thanks in advance,

Jean
Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: New Motherboard - OEM Vista ???
You would have to replace the motherboards with
the exact make and model as the existing motherboards.
Then you would be prompted to reactivate Vista.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Jean B." wrote:

We have three computers that just got zapped by lightning. Two of them
were running Vista OEM Business edition.

My question is: If we buy new motherboards to fix these machines, will
we also need to buy new copies of Vista OEM Business, or can we just
reactivate with the new motherboards? The hard drives (with Vista
already installed) will remain unchanged.

Thanks in advance,

Jean
seeks

RE: New Motherboard - OEM Vista ???
Hello Jean,
Speaking from a recent expieriance, if you do replace your Mobo's with the
exact same Mobo, then there should be no need to reactivate your Installed
Vista, as Vista will view it as the same Mobo and automaticaly download the
drivers for the board, just had a technician replace my Mobo \same board/
and no prob all done in about 15 min then up and running, no need for
reactivating, should only be a need for that if you use a differant
board, and then you may have to do a telephone activation, if they
"Microsoft" allow,, once you have explained your problem and need for
re-activation