Smart Card Reader will not work with Vista.

JiveTurkey

Smart Card Reader will not work with Vista.
I have a Card Reader which uses the Middleware Software. I have no trouble
with it when I use it on a computer that is operating with XP, but when I try
and use it with Vista it just says that explorer is restarting. This happens
over and over again and never gets me anywhere. This prevents me from doing
important things, because I am in the army. I thought Vista was suppose to
be better, but it has proven to be nothing more than a pain in my side. Is
there a patch or something I can download which will help?
Cal Bear '66

Re: Smart Card Reader will not work with Vista.
Have you tried Compatibility mode? i.e. Right click on the executable, or the
shortcut that starts the program, select Properties, and on the Compatibility
tab, select Windows XP SP2 from the drop down list?

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"JiveTurkey" <JiveTurkey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a Card Reader which uses the Middleware Software. I have no trouble
> with it when I use it on a computer that is operating with XP, but when I try
> and use it with Vista it just says that explorer is restarting. This happens
> over and over again and never gets me anywhere. This prevents me from doing
> important things, because I am in the army. I thought Vista was suppose to
> be better, but it has proven to be nothing more than a pain in my side. Is
> there a patch or something I can download which will help?

Michael Solomon

Re: Smart Card Reader will not work with Vista.

"JiveTurkey" <JiveTurkey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a Card Reader which uses the Middleware Software. I have no trouble
> with it when I use it on a computer that is operating with XP, but when I
> try
> and use it with Vista it just says that explorer is restarting. This
> happens
> over and over again and never gets me anywhere. This prevents me from
> doing
> important things, because I am in the army. I thought Vista was suppose
> be better, but it has proven to be nothing more than a pain in my side.
> Is
> there a patch or something I can download which will help?

Have you checked the card reader manufacturer's website for Vista compatible
drivers, software and updates? Have you checked with them to see if they
are supporting your model reader in Vista?
--
Michael Solomon
Backup is a PC user's best friend